Minudah

Minudah

Stupid
Dec 3, 2018
Basically you take a scarf or something similar, tie knots in it over where your carotids are when the scarf is at its tightest, then tie it tight around your neck.

I can't remember where I read about it before, I just searched this site and couldn't find anything about it. I just remember reading somewhere people were hypothesizing it would work, then someone brought up an example of someone who died this way. Other than that I haven't been able to find anything on this anywhere.

I've been trying different methods of carotid compression like the night night method and the tourniquet method, but the only thing to give me the dizzy feeling so far has been a scarf with knots in it. I tried to ctb with the night night method and tourniquet method but neither worked, haven't tried to ctb with the scarf yet but practicing gave me a lot more confidence than in the other two methods. I also wonder if there's any way to make it look like an accident.

Have people tried this? Is there a reason it doesn't get more mention, like does it fail a lot or risk damage or something?

Reactions: NoDream and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
Kooz

Kooz

Night-Night.
Aug 26, 2018
Its in the night night megathread. Bags works. Scarves will work too. I just tried to tell people stuff that should work at least 3/4 of the time.

Everyone's neck is different sized, but what you're aiming for is just something that is comfortable and able to apply pressure to your carotid/jugular vein (since jugular is unavoidable).

That's why I named it night night. Yeah, you'll get a little bit of a head rush but we're shooting for as minimal pain and least chance of failure when it's all done correctly.

Reactions: NoDream, SeekingSolace and Minudah
snowman626

snowman626

Mage
Jan 28, 2019
Its in the night night megathread. Bags works. Scarves will work too. I just tried to tell people stuff that should work at least 3/4 of the time.

That's why I named it night night. Yeah, you'll get a little bit of a head rush but we're shooting for as minimal pain and least chance of failure when it's all done correctly.

What do you think the chance of failure is? 1/4 is still too high. I dont want any chance of living with brain failure. I need 100% success rate. If I do this night night method correctly what can possibly go wrong?

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
Minudah

Minudah

Stupid
Dec 3, 2018
About to head to bed, going to try to ctb with this as soon as I get up. If I don't come back within 24 hours then it worked, if it doesn't work then I'll post here and say so before switching to another method.

What do you think the chance of failure is? 1/4 is still too high. I dont want any chance of living with brain failure. I need 100% success rate. If I do this night night method correctly what can possibly go wrong?
I think it's more that that's the portion of people it'll knock out to begin with, since everyone's carotid arteries are in slightly different positions that can make them easier or harder to compress. Once they've been compressed and you're out it should be for good unless the ligature comes undone. There's essentially no risk of that with tape or a tree ratchet, but the tourniquet method and others can come undone. I'm getting less confident in my scarf staying together no matter how I tie it the more I practice, so I'm thinking I'll just put a bag over my head in case it comes undone. If it comes undone you'll stay unconscious if there's no oxygen since your brain wasn't getting any without blood. So there's no worry of failure, the only part to worry about is the difficulty of actually pulling it off.

Everyone's neck is different sized, but what you're aiming for is just something that is comfortable and able to apply pressure to your carotid/jugular vein (since jugular is unavoidable).

Well that's embarrassing. I tried skimming through that thread a few times over before making this post and must've missed it, I didn't think it was that thread so I spent more time looking elsewhere. I'll take another look at that thread. Thanks for the tips!

Last edited:
snowman626

snowman626

Mage
Jan 28, 2019
About to head to bed, going to try to ctb with this as soon as I get up. If I don't come back within 24 hours then it worked, if it doesn't work then I'll post here and say so before switching to

So you going with the scarf with the knots and the bag over your head? Look forward to seeing what happens, good luck sir. Not encouraging you to commit suicide, but if you are going to do it I cant stop you and I just wish you find peace.

Last edited:
Minudah

Minudah

Stupid
Dec 3, 2018
Woke up late with a cold, not a fun start. I didn't feel comfortable dying with such a sore throat and stuffy nose so I took some medicine and had some light spicy soup. Now that I'm feeling better I'm going to set my scarf back up and try again. Hopefully this works

G

GlowingCactus

Student
Oct 19, 2018
I don't know if it will answer your question OP but in the List of resources thread (https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/list-of-resources.3/) you can download the book "Five Last Acts", the chapter about compression starts at page 209 and is more than 60 pages long so I guess it must contain a lot of useful information (I haven't read it yet).

Minudah

Minudah

Stupid
Dec 3, 2018
This scarf I'm using is just too thin, I can't seem to get it again like I got it before. I just went to the store again and still couldn't find a thicker scarf. I shouldn't have thrown my scarves away when I moved here, I really took it for granted how easy it is to find a scarf that isn't a thin fashion scarf. I've tried looking before but even in the winter it's too warm to find a proper scarf here. I spent hours trying to get the one I have to work today and just couldn't do it, so I'm going to try other methods of carotid compression instead. Hoped this scarf was going to be able to do it for me, oh well.

@GlowingCactus I'll check that out, thank you!

G

GeorgeEastman

Arcanist
Sep 3, 2018
I'm going to have to read this thread. Seems like if some purse woman and a dietitian can do it then so can I.

snowman626

snowman626

Mage
Jan 28, 2019
I really wish theres a way to test this method out fully to see if it actually works. Unfortunately once i go unconscious theres no coming back. Unless i get a sitter, but i dont know anyone

Reactions: Minudah
Minudah

Minudah

Stupid
Dec 3, 2018
I don't know if it will answer your question OP but in the List of resources thread (https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/list-of-resources.3/) you can download the book "Five Last Acts", the chapter about compression starts at page 209 and is more than 60 pages long so I guess it must contain a lot of useful information (I haven't read it yet).
I'm really confused. Both the Five Last Acts pages are just sending me to pages full of ads with no option to download anything, or anything that would explain why it's linked there. I can't find it from looking it up either. Is there really nowhere to read it for free?