A

asd

Jun 19, 2024
Due to the lack of a reliable anchor point (I only have a telescopic pull up bar), partial hanging is not an option for me. Even if I could do it, my sweet spot is at the bottom of the neck. How am I going to keep the rope there? I could probably do night-night, but the risk of pressure somehow being reduced after passing out is too high in my opinion.

I'm going to put pressure on my carotid arteries by hanging a 12 kg cast iron kettlebell on my neck. If I had a proper anchor point, I would have definitely combined this with full suspension for a very reliable and uncomfortable but not extremely painful hanging. Here's what it looks like (plastic bag not included):

Yes

The position I decided to use is sitting on knees. In case it's not obvious on the picture, the kettlebell is behind me. Both ropes are 12 mm polyester ropes rated for about 3000 kg. The first one is attached to the anchor point (snuggle hitch) and the top half of the neck (slip knot) in order to restrict movement. The noose is placed as high up as possible while making sure that my buttocks still touch the feet. Obviously all of the knots will tighten under pressure, I'll take that into account. The second rope is attached to the bottom half of the neck (slip knot) and the kettlebell (snuggle hitch).

Getting into this position may seem difficult, but I've done it before and it's not hard. While it's possible to get out of it by simply holding the kettlebell using one hand and standing up, it requires a lot of coordination. I doubt the brain could do that in a state of severe hypoxia. I've seen some videos of partial hanging attempts and people don't stand up after passing out.

I practiced carotid artery compression many times with my thumbs, even to the point of passing out, so I can tell whether they are completely constricted. I've also practiced with the kettlebell in the above position and successfully managed to compress them. Not being able to lose consciousness definitely won't be a problem for me.

Of course there are other arteries that supply blood to the brain and since I'll be found after approximately 6 hours, I'm worried that some parts of it may survive and my body will be able to continue breathing on its own. None of the ropes put enough pressure on the neck to prevent that, so I'm also going to add a plastic bag. I'd prefer not to, but I don't think I have a choice here.

Does this sound like a good method? I really need one but all the other ones are either extremely painful or require stuff that's hard to get, so this is pretty much my only choice. I'm aware that failing this basically means guaranteed brain damage, so I need to be absolutely sure that it won't happen.

EDIT: Considering how many people here have problems with properly compressing their carotid arteries, I suggest not wasting your time on this method. It does work for me though, maybe because I'm underweight.

Last edited: