S

scissors

Jul 26, 2018
Ive been researching methods now for quite a while and Ive decided on carotid artery compression either by partial suspension or the blood choke/ligature method (as explained in the final exit book and in the resource section). Ive been trying to practice this a bit: locating the carotid, putting pressure on it etc and plan to practice tying the ligature around my thigh etc. I can't make myself dizzy by pressing on my artery with my fingers even with a lot of pressure ( as far I know I have the right place, just under the jaw but I'm physically very big and have a lot of muscle, I also have very deep blood vessels which can be a problem when I have to give blood) but I do notice that my breathing through my nose changes and I start to snore which I'm assuming is a good sign? has anyone else practiced this and got further than me? I really want to practice this as much as I can before I do it finally so any tips will be great.

Reactions: Didymus, Deleted member 4288, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 4 others
R

ron_g

Experienced
Nov 25, 2018
How do you know you hit the right spot? Did you feel the pulse?
Have you pressed on both carotids at the same time?
Could the snoring be the result of you accidentally pressing against the windpipe?

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Lifeisatrap
S

scissors

Jul 26, 2018
'How do you know you hit the right spot? Did you feel the pulse?
Have you pressed on both carotids at the same time?
Could the snoring be the result of you accidentally pressing against the windpipe?'

Ive looked at diagrams of the necks anatomy, Yes I can feel pulse, its very deep on either side of the throat high up under the jaw, Yes i press on both sides at the same time. I can still breathe through my mouth fine and there is no discomfort.
As far as I'm aware I'm not pressing on the windpipe part from anything it runs down the centre of the throat (which is not where I'm pressing), if you press on it even lightly you can feel it compress and it hurts if you apply pressure. Ive practiced applying pressure difference parts of the throat using different methods.

Reactions: Lifeisatrap, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and ron_g
R

ron_g

Experienced
Nov 25, 2018
Trying a different, perhaps just slightly different, level of the neck may help. Alternatively, you could try to strangle - not hang - yourself briefly with a rope. A noose is not strictly required for this exercise. In this case, however, there is a higher risk of damage to your body.

Reactions: Lifeisatrap and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
S

scissors

Jul 26, 2018
Trying a different, perhaps just slightly different, level of the neck may help. Alternatively, you could try to strangle - not hang - yourself briefly with a rope. A noose is not strictly required for this exercise. In this case, however, there is a higher risk of damage to your body.
Yeah I have tried strangling myself with a rope, not much happens. As I said Ive practiced applying pressure difference parts of the throat using different methods. Have you tried this stuff yourself? I was hoping to get input from people who had practical experience.

15dec

15dec

ember in the dark
Dec 7, 2018
Do you feel numbness in your face when you practice? I've had that before but I always panic, but I'm sure that's a sign you've compressed the arteries

S

scissors

Jul 26, 2018
No no numbness yet. I have passed out many,many times generally in life and know who it feels really well but don't know if will be different with this method. I have felt tingling in my feet and legs but that's probably unrelated (?). Its like when i try to compress the arteries, with my fingers, I'm not pressing hard enough but can't press any unless I set up the proper method. I'm going to have to do that soon but will make sure my affairs are in order just in case its more successful than I think its going to be and i accidentally kill myself practicing ( which would be great of course) Do you have changes to your breathing like the snoring that I mentioned?

S

scissors

Jul 26, 2018
Do you feel numbness in your face when you practice? I've had that before but I always panic, but I'm sure that's a sign you've compressed the arteries
How bad was the panic? I'm worried about this aswell.

15dec

15dec

ember in the dark
Dec 7, 2018
How bad was the panic? I'm worried about this aswell.
It was enough to make me stand up and stop the attempt, since I was doing partial suspension. Alcohol can numb your survival instinct as long as you don't drink so much that you're unable to carry out the attempt. Full suspension would make it next to impossible to give in to survival instinct but it could be more painful. I think (not certain) the speed you compress the arteries is important too as if you do it quicker, you're unconscious quicker

Reactions: Lifeisatrap, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and therhydler
Didymus

Didymus

Clutching at invisible straws
Dec 11, 2018
I have been looking at google images and cannot understand how you can compress only the carotid arteries and not the jugular veins at the same time when using the tourniquet method. They're just so close by it seems to me

Reactions: Maxim, Lifeisatrap, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 1 other person
15dec

15dec

ember in the dark
Dec 7, 2018
I have been looking at google images and cannot understand how you can compress only the carotid arteries and not the jugular veins at the same time when using the tourniquet method. They're just so close by it seems to me
I think it's the same as partial suspension where you have the ligature high on your neck to avoid compressing the airway

Reactions: Lifeisatrap, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, therhydler and 1 other person
A

asianpsycho

Jun 18, 2018
I've been practicing with both partial and tourniquet method. With partial, I found it surprisingly and scarily easy. I found that the position of the rope around the neck is not as important as long as you can put the right amount of pressure with the rope at the right angle. In my most successful practice, instead of adjusting the position of the rope on my neck, I kept the rope where it was and simply moved a little bit forward/backward, putting pressure on my neck at different angles until I was able to find one where I could put pressure in the right spots. And you'll know the right spots once you put pressure because you will almost immediately feel like you're going to pass out. I think there's no way to just compress the arteries without compressing the veins, but what I have found is that if you are able to compress the arteries, you will pass out in about five seconds or even less which is not enough time for the exploding head feeling to sink in. The only thing that stopped me was the survival instinct. And it sucks because I have alcohol intolerance and react badly to it, so I don't have a different way to turn off the survival instinct that is as accessible.

As for the tourniquet method, even with the knowledge I've gained from practicing with partial, I haven't had any success with it. The problem is that it's hard to know if I am not putting pressure on the right spot or just not putting enough pressure. Also, whereas with partial, it only takes seconds to ready for another attempt (by simply moving a little bit forward/backward), with the tourniquet method, I have to re-position the rope around my neck if I want to try again which takes more time.

Reactions: Lifeisatrap, Morpheus, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 2 others
Didymus

Didymus

Dec 11, 2018
In my most successful practice, instead of adjusting the position of the rope on my neck, I kept the rope where it was and simply moved a little bit forward/backward, putting pressure on my neck at different angles until I was able to find one where I could put pressure in the right spots. .

I will try that too by moving and changing angles, but I think I just have a too thick neck for this method.

R

ron_g

Experienced
Nov 25, 2018
Yeah I have tried strangling myself with a rope, not much happens. As I said Ive practiced applying pressure difference parts of the throat using different methods. Have you tried this stuff yourself? I was hoping to get input from people who had practical experience.
You should ask professors for legal medicine who write in their textbooks that consciousness is lost in less than 5 seconds.

I have experimented a bit with ligature strangulation some time ago. There were times when my head felt like it was exploding. And there were other times when I felt a distinct sensation which I thought was an early sign of hypoxia. The author of the how to hang yourself guide talks about a swimming sensation IIRC. I stopped early though because I didn't want to injure myself.

therhydler

therhydler

Enlightened
Dec 7, 2018
I've been practicing with both partial and tourniquet method. With partial, I found it surprisingly and scarily easy. I found that the position of the rope around the neck is not as important as long as you can put the right amount of pressure with the rope at the right angle. In my most successful practice, instead of adjusting the position of the rope on my neck, I kept the rope where it was and simply moved a little bit forward/backward, putting pressure on my neck at different angles until I was able to find one where I could put pressure in the right spots. And you'll know the right spots once you put pressure because you will almost immediately feel like you're going to pass out. I think there's no way to just compress the arteries without compressing the veins, but what I have found is that if you are able to compress the arteries, you will pass out in about five seconds or even less which is not enough time for the exploding head feeling to sink in. The only thing that stopped me was the survival instinct. And it sucks because I have alcohol intolerance and react badly to it, so I don't have a different way to turn off the survival instinct that is as accessible.

As for the tourniquet method, even with the knowledge I've gained from practicing with partial, I haven't had any success with it. The problem is that it's hard to know if I am not putting pressure on the right spot or just not putting enough pressure. Also, whereas with partial, it only takes seconds to ready for another attempt (by simply moving a little bit forward/backward), with the tourniquet method, I have to re-position the rope around my neck if I want to try again which takes more time.

Thanks for the tip I will try this

Didymus

Didymus

Dec 11, 2018
I managed to locate my arteries and get the start of a dizzy feeling when pressing very hard with two fingers on both sides.
Using a tourniquet alone is not enough for me, I need extra paddings on the right spots.

Reactions: Lifeisatrap
N

noHope97

Dec 13, 2018
I managed to locate my arteries and get the start of a dizzy feeling when pressing very hard with two fingers on both sides.
Using a tourniquet alone is not enough for me, I need extra paddings on the right spots.
I had been trying to get the right sensation as well and I just did finally after countless tries. it literally only took about two seconds and I nearly passed out

Didymus

Didymus

Dec 11, 2018
I had been trying to get the right sensation as well and I just did finally after countless tries. it literally only took about two seconds and I nearly passed out

Because I'm overweight and have a thick neck I have to press deep and hard. I now need to find the proper paddings which must be not too soft.

bigj75

bigj75

“From Knowledge springs power."
Sep 1, 2018

thanks for the info. what type of rope were you using for partial?