freedompass

freedompass

Warlock
Jan 27, 2021
Calling @Pluto and @Forever Sleep

'For my next trick' I would like to share my thoughts on the world of work and hopefully open up a discussion, since what you need to remember is

I am a Very Lazy Person (VLP)

A Good Manager Knows How To Delegate!

The notion of 'work smart not hard' is nothing new

Howzabout we take it one step further. Why even use the w word if it triggers you too much? I can relate! I haven't worked for my living in 30 plus years.

I live the pampered life of a Mental Health Royal, a Psych Queen or if you prefer Loony of Leisure. Trust me I am fully cognisant of the level of privilege I enjoy as a Noble Nutter. So far as I'm aware such a social class does not exist in the US, correct me if I'm wrong?

But I digress. I just wanted to give a little backstory to how I live because yanno what? These things are relevant and important to SaSu Peeps' lives! So don't picture me rifling through dumpsters or collecting scrap metal on rooftops to sell, none of that shit I told you I'm a VLP!

In all seriousness because comedy is a serious business and I'm not here for the good of my health…

I really do think opening up a discussion of work on the recovery forum would be a super cool thing to do and NO WORKAHOLICS ALLOWED jk anyone can come to the party but please just remember…

It's VLPs only

• Hugs
  • Yay!
Reactions: ColorlessTrees, Celerity, Pluto and 2 others
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Arr- but I am a workaholic- so long as I enjoy the work... 😉. I've also been a manager (or- a Head of Department at least) and I hate delegating!

But yeah sure- Survival guide to the shitty world of work... That would be a good subject on the Recovery Forum definitely... (oh right- I'm already here... Shame I don't automatically feel better... 😉. I guess that nice turquoise/blue header is very calming...)

So- how do we support ourselves if we don't work and don't qualify for benefits?

• Love
Reactions: Celerity and freedompass
freedompass

freedompass

Warlock
Jan 27, 2021
Arr- but I am a workaholic- so long as I enjoy the work... 😉. I've also been a manager (or- a Head of Department at least) and I hate delegating!

But yeah sure- Survival guide to the shitty world of work... That would be a good subject on the Recovery Forum definitely... (oh right- I'm already here... Shame I don't automatically feel better... 😉. I guess that nice turquoise/blue header is very calming...)

So- how do we support ourselves if we don't work and don't qualify for benefits?
Thank you for asking one of the most relevant questions of the modern age! I knew I could count on you Forever Sleep and being a workaholic is great if that's your drug of choice! We strive to be inclusive here!:blarg:

You not liking to delegate is fascinating. The polar opposite to me. I'd really like to explore the psychological reasons for that though I suspect it's - dare I say this? - a control issue on the other hand it could be that you simply don't want to share your drug of choice!

See that's what I'm hoping we can encompass in a deeper discussion of work and what it means to us. To me, it's all super relevant! And not an accident that I started threads on both Therapy and Work in the context of Recovery today!

And why I called on you and @Pluto was simply because I could see from the discussion yesterday on your thread that both of you are a goldmine of info on the subject yet both so humble and far from arrogant or know it all as it's possible to be!

And yeah I clearly live in something of an ivory tower being on generous disability benefits so there is a whole lot I'll be entirely ignorant of such as paying taxes and so forth…because this is no airy fairy pseudo philosophical bs for bored teens it's how to establish a foothold in (adult) life without having to sacrifice your sanity or compromise your values to do so.

What I am doing here is identifying a need, ie, a market if you like, and inventing a product or service to supply that need! It's business, peeps. I'm a voluntary entrepreneur (get your head around that!) No one can accuse me of scamming or digging for gold, I have a Trust Fund from the marvellous UK government (and an actual Freedom Pass) so I'm free to do as I please!

Last edited:
Reactions: Forever Sleep