M

MariV

Arcanist
Sep 13, 2020
why is it never discussed here? its pretty common in korea and seems very easy. check for instance jonghyun case.he was a k-pop star, rip

just had to fry some stuff in a pan

Reactions: InTheAirTonight and Meditation guide
Deleted member 19654

Deleted member 19654

Working towards recovery.
Jul 9, 2020
It seems to be a popular method in Asia but it also seems to be unreliable. I see a lot of threads about people failing with this method. Someone suggested that it might be because of the type of coal sold in Asia is different to what we can get over here.

Reactions: MariV
Lastsauce

Lastsauce

Experienced
Dec 22, 2019
https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/carbon-monoxide-megathread.2053

T

TheQ22

Enlightened
Aug 17, 2020
Quite a lot of people have succeeded with it, it's my prefered method but I think could go wrong very easily.

Reactions: Meditation guide
T

TheQ22

Enlightened
Aug 17, 2020
Any air gets in to the tent / car / room and it is prbably not going towork, but could end up causing you serious long term problems.

If it does work it's out in a cople of minutes and dead in maybe 10 with no pain or clue what's happening.

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc
Niirvana

Niirvana

♥Soon♥
Sep 18, 2020
Any air gets in to the tent / car / room and it is prbably not going towork, but could end up causing you serious long term problems.

If it does work it's out in a cople of minutes and dead in maybe 10 with no pain or clue what's happening.

The idea is to burn charcoal in a completely closed place and breathe that and fall asleep, or not?

Reactions: TimeToBiteTheDust
T

TheQ22

Enlightened
Aug 17, 2020
The idea is to burn charcoal in a completely closed place and breathe that and fall asleep, or not?
You burn the charcoal til the flames are gone and no more smoke, then put that in the space and get in. But there has to be no air getting in at all or it probably won't work. So if the seals around the car door aren't very good, or the air vents, or the tent lets in air, or air is gettinginto the room under the door, it's a problem.

I think trick is to burn a load of charcoal, seal up everything in the room etc as best you can with gaffer tape or something, and then make sure you're as close as poss to the CO to breathe in as much as possible.

Lots of people have succeeded with it, lots have failed.

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc
M

mmt

Sep 3, 2020
There's a really interesting thread on here on CO that goes into both generators and charcoal (as well as chemical). An issue that was mentioned was the person opened the car door, got in and immediately passed out, didn't even have time to close the door. Some have suggested wearing a gas mask to try to avoid that problem. Other issues are parts of the car (or, in the case of a tent) melting, and the car becoming too hot so the person bails. Finally, someone recently mentioned something about charcoal now being made from coconut, which apparently does not emit as much CO. Sorry to be a downer, I've just read that entire thread several times. There's really good information in it.

Another thing I was thinking is it would kind of require pretty private property to pull it off. I don't have property and when I looked on google maps, I couldn't find any private area anywhere near my location.

Last edited:
Reactions: Meditation guide and pthnrdnojvsc
C

checkouttime

Visionary
Jul 15, 2020

I wouldn't say thats entirely true personally. it can work when air is in a room.lots of people die from gas appliances leaking CO and thats just in peoples houses that arent sealed. i think it may just take longer.

i would say the air thing is ture. if someone was using a bbq etc as it only has a limited amount of time that it will give of CO,which i imagine is why some people fail.

but I wouldn't say thats entirely true. it can work when air is in a room.lots of people die from gas appliances leaking CO and thats just in peoples houses that arent sealed. i think it may just take longer.
There's a really interesting thread on here on CO that goes into both generators and charcoal (as well as chemical). An issue that was mentioned was the person opened the car door, got in and immediately passed out, didn't even have time to close the door. Some have suggested wearing a gas mask to try to avoid that problem. Other issues are parts of the car (or, in the case of a tent) melting, and the car becoming too hot so the person bails. Finally, someone recently mentioned something about charcoal now being made from coconut, which apparently does not emit as much CO. Sorry to be a downer, I've just read that entire thread several times. There's really good information in it.

you can also buy charcoal that emits alot of CO aswell. i thinks its used to cook in asia or somewhere. someone did post a link about it!

Reactions: mmt
T

TheQ22

Enlightened
Aug 17, 2020
I wouldn't say thats entirely true personally. it can work when air is in a room.lots of people die from gas appliances leaking CO and thats just in peoples houses that arent sealed. i think it may just take longer.

i would say the air thing is ture. if someone was using a bbq etc as it only has a limited amount of time that it will give of CO,which i imagine is why some people fail.

but I wouldn't say thats entirely true. it can work when air is in a room.lots of people die from gas appliances leaking CO and thats just in peoples houses that arent sealed. i think it may just take longer.
Need to make sure there's enough charcoal giving off enough CO for a long enough time without being discovered/rescued.

It was / maybe is my preferred method. I haven't made up my mind when SN is pretty much certain.

I like the fact you can get blind drunk and eat food with this method.

C

checkouttime

Visionary
Jul 15, 2020
yes definately, a family sized disposable would be a good place to start!!! i think people maybe fail using the smaller ones. i dont know the exact length of time a bbq emits CO for.i did see a member making apost about burning their hands on one the next day.not sure what type they were talking about though.

M

mmt

Sep 3, 2020
you can also buy charcoal that emits alot of CO aswell. i thinks its used to cook in asia or somewhere. someone did post a link about it!

I looked into this kind of charcoal too, someone on here said it was binchotan charcoal, but I saw videos of people happily barbequing their dinner on it indoors. Can anyone comment about that?

PS Sorry about my inability to quote properly, I'm new to posting on here.

Last edited:
Reactions: checkouttime
C

checkouttime

Visionary
Jul 15, 2020

I looked into this kind of charcoal too, someone on here said it was binchotan charcoal, but I saw videos of people happily barbequing their dinner on it indoors. Can anyone comment about that?

I haven't seen any videos etc of how they cook using it. i assumed it would be out doors, or maybe with some form of extraction fan????

Niirvana

Niirvana

♥Soon♥
Sep 18, 2020

Another thing I was thinking is it would kind of require pretty private property to pull it off. I don't have property and when I looked on google maps, I couldn't find any private area anywhere near my location.
What about an hotel room? And use the charcoal in the bathroom taping all gaps where air can enter?

Deleted member 19654

Deleted member 19654

Working towards recovery.
Jul 9, 2020
What about an hotel room? And use the charcoal in the bathroom taping all gaps where air can enter?
Wouldn't you risk setting off the fire alarm?

Reactions: mmt and checkouttime
M

mmt

Sep 3, 2020
You'd have to have somewhere outdoors to light the barbeque and let it burn till the briquettes are white, then bring them inside (which apparently requires more than mere oven mitts: ) So if anyone noticed the smoke and could see you were not actually barbequing anything, or if it's not an ideal location to barbeque, that would be a problem. I guess if some people can barbeque on a balcony that might work? But then in a building, there's also the issue of other people being harmed by the CO. Again, not trying to be a downer, I've just done a lot of thinking whilst reading the CO thread several times: )

T

TheQ22

Enlightened
Aug 17, 2020
And the spot its a complicated thing too
Yeah in the car there's always a risk someone will find you. I did think about a campsite. Go on a weekday at this time of year will be quite quiet.

Reactions: Niirvana and checkouttime
InTheAirTonight

InTheAirTonight

I tried
Feb 29, 2020
I don't know why it's not discussed as much. It's my top option

Reactions: checkouttime
Xander_McG

Xander_McG

Sep 12, 2020
It was my first choice a couple of weeks ago, I had went out and bought all the equipment needed. But my SI and guilt got the better off me and I told someone and they took all of the stuff. It does still sounds like a good option though, only concern would be if you do it at night people will see the fire more easily, meaning more a chance of getting caught

T

TheQ22

Enlightened
Aug 17, 2020
It was my first choice a couple of weeks ago, I had went out and bought all the equipment needed. But my SI and guilt got the better off me and I told someone and they took all of the stuff. It does still sounds like a good option though, only concern would be if you do it at night people will see the fire more easily, meaning more a chance of getting caught
That's why I thought a campsite would be ideal - no one would bat an eyelid.

Reactions: Metalhead and Deleted member 19654
J

JustLosingMyself

Mage
Sep 4, 2018
It may work. Do consider you would be endangering the other guests (ventilation) and the hotel staff when they find you

T

TheQ22

Enlightened
Aug 17, 2020
Regatta Malawi tent - £50
Chimney starter - £10
Charcoal - £15
BBQ grill - £20 (or use metal tins - £0)
Burgers - £2.50
Alcohol - £500
Campsite - £30
Tape etc - £5

That's all I need - c.£100 + maybe £30 on some nice alcohol.

Z

Zebedee

Lost all hope
Sep 30, 2020
This seems the most peaceful way to ctb if done correctly...

After reading the entire megathread it doesn't seem that complicated, it's just a case of buying the necessary items and mustering the courage to actually go ahead with it.

I don't have an issue with the method itself but rather the location, although I do have somewhere in mind.

B

Blurred_Reality

Sep 8, 2020
The Go Anywhere Weber BBQ any good for this? Expensive but it seems nice.