s.s.scriptties

s.s.scriptties

Lookin' for a CTP partner
Jun 15, 2024
I have chosen carbon monoxide as my method, I wanted to know specifications.

1- is there a certain amount of caol needed? How many kilos, or what quality?

2- any recommendations for certain brands? Should I buy pure caol or charcoal/coal used to barbeque? Would Shisha coal work? Briquettes?

3- if I buy alot of coal can I avoid buying a CO meter? I can't afford it, so I want to know if I added excessive coal would that be a sure thing.

4- how long does it take and do I feel pain through the process if I'm awake throughout it?

5- how enclosed does the space has to be?

6- recommendations for enclosed spaces.

7- is there other equipment I need? Like a certain stater, pots... Idk. OR can I jus used a lighter and put the coal on anything and be done with it?

8- are there steps to it or do I jus put the caol in there? And if I do, do I wait for it to finish light up then go in or light it up while inside and go through all its phases?

Reactions: MatrixPrisoner
nihilistic_dragon

nihilistic_dragon

Dead already. Just need to dispose of my body now.
Aug 6, 2024
Did you read the PPH? This is not my method of choice so I don't know much about it, but I think you will find most of your questions answered in the PHH.

Reactions: s.s.scriptties
athiestjoe

athiestjoe

Passenger
Sep 24, 2024
Be sure to read this thread:

As for some of these questions and for educational purposes only:
1- is there a certain amount of caol needed? How many kilos, or what quality?
It depends on how big the space is, there is no one set answer for each situation. Generally, the bare min amount of charcoal to use is .135 kg/m³. You need to calculate the interior volume of your space, and to be safe triple the amount needed as the min.

2- any recommendations for certain brands? Should I buy pure caol or charcoal/coal used to barbeque? Would Shisha coal work? Briquettes?
Only use 100% carbon, lump characoal (no additives), use a reliable/high quality brand. Do not skimp out using cheaper stuff for such an important use, stick to 100% carbon lump coal.

3- if I buy alot of coal can I avoid buying a CO meter? I can't afford it, so I want to know if I added excessive coal would that be a sure thing.
Would absolutely suggest getting a CO2 analyzer. If your space has leaks/cracks and it escapes, you are going to want to know before attempting and ending up just getting brain damage from surviving. In order to fall unconscious quickly, it is recommended that the CO concentration be at 10000 PPM. You simply will not know how much PPM it is and it would be up to you if it is worth risking it.

If you make a mistake, the consequences can be serious. It's not just a matter of randomly burning some charcoal and hoping for the best—there's a lot more to consider!

4- how long does it take and do I feel pain through the process if I'm awake throughout it?
See above answer, if it is the right amount of PPM then loss of consciousness is extremely quick. You should not be awake, conscious or in pain if it is done correctly.
5- how enclosed does the space has to be?
Extremely well sealed off. If it isn't, you won't get the high enough concentration. See previous answers why that failure is not ideal.

6- recommendations for enclosed spaces.
Not going to make any specific recommendations. I will say some people have used things like pop up tents but you will want to double check the material, ability to seal it up, etc. Some people have used small bedrooms. Just do your research.

7- is there other equipment I need? Like a certain stater, pots... Idk. OR can I jus used a lighter and put the coal on anything and be done with it?

8- are there steps to it or do I jus put the caol in there? And if I do, do I wait for it to finish light up then go in or light it up while inside and go through all its phases?
Grills, charcoal chimney starters and metal buckets would all be helpful. And get a A CO analyzer as mentioned in #3. Be sure to keep researching as one needs to make sure all the coals are still glowing hot but not smoking so it may take a little practice/patience for lighting technique.

With whatever you decide, I hope you find everything you are looking for and get peace & serenity.

• Informative
Reactions: s.s.scriptties, _AllCatsAreGrey_ and MatrixPrisoner
s.s.scriptties

s.s.scriptties

Lookin' for a CTP partner
Jun 15, 2024
Be sure to read this thread:

As for some of these questions and for educational purposes only:

It depends on how big the space is, there is no one set answer for each situation. Generally, the bare min amount of charcoal to use is .135 kg/m³. You need to calculate the interior volume of your space, and to be safe triple the amount needed as the min.

Only use 100% carbon, lump characoal (no additives), use a reliable/high quality brand. Do not skimp out using cheaper stuff for such an important use, stick to 100% carbon lump coal.

Would absolutely suggest getting a CO2 analyzer. If your space has leaks/cracks and it escapes, you are going to want to know before attempting and ending up just getting brain damage from surviving. In order to fall unconscious quickly, it is recommended that the CO concentration be at 10000 PPM. You simply will not know how much PPM it is and it would be up to you if it is worth risking it.

If you make a mistake, the consequences can be serious. It's not just a matter of randomly burning some charcoal and hoping for the best—there's a lot more to consider!

See above answer, if it is the right amount of PPM then loss of consciousness is extremely quick. You should not be awake, conscious or in pain if it is done correctly.

Extremely well sealed off. If it isn't, you won't get the high enough concentration. See previous answers why that failure is not ideal.

Not going to make any specific recommendations. I will say some people have used things like pop up tents but you will want to double check the material, ability to seal it up, etc. Some people have used small bedrooms. Just do your research.

Grills, charcoal chimney starters and metal buckets would all be helpful. And get a A CO analyzer as mentioned in #3. Be sure to keep researching as one needs to make sure all the coals are still glowing hot but not smoking so it may take a little practice/patience for lighting technique.

With whatever you decide, I hope you find everything you are looking for and get peace & serenity.
Thanks so much, I did some research yesterday and I found a few different answers. Some said to put the coal inside light it and wait the process out with it inside, but then some said to light it outside then wait till it was Gray where it would still be producing CO and then put it inside the space...

Also are the grill and chimney starter absolutely necessary? I can afford a chimney starter but I wanted to know if I can get the coal into that state myself manually without it... Most people are using it and I didn't see examples of what I'm talking about... And why is the grill even needed?

"as one needs to make sure all the coals are still glowing hot but not smoking so it may take a little practice/patience for lighting technique."
^ also what do you mean by that?

I went through the megathread before, just felt like it wasn't as detailed as SN and the useful information was just scattered far from each other. I also feel like this method isn't as well documented as other popular methods even tho I think the preparation process isn't that complex.

... And last thing is I cannot afford A CO meter, so I will probably jus buy excessive amounts of coal so it produces too much to fail.