• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

E

est0091

Dead behind the eyes
Oct 26, 2018
Hi all,

I know this is a dated method with modern vehicles having catalytic converters and all, but I have been doing lots of reading on it lately.

I have read news articles around world of people still dying/suiciding this way. Also there's lots of people on quora saying still possible.

Other than that I can name a few modern movies where it shows people suiciding this way in relatively moder vehicles.

Just would like to get everybody's thoughts. I can understand why this was very popular back in the day.

Cheers

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Lifeisatrap
D

Deleted member 1496

Student
Aug 2, 2018
I read somewhere that even back in the day, this method was discouraged, not because of CO effectiveness, but because people easily discover you and break the car windows or open the garage door, so then you risk brain damage. The process should be done in an enclosed space, such as a garage, but that's when people hear the sound of the car in the garage or go to the garage and see the fumes.

Like you said, the catalytic converters removes its effectiveness because the CO is converted to CO2. But if you remove the catalytic converters, I don't see why it wouldn't work--as long as you can prevent someone discovering you too early. It'll take awhile for the CO to build up in the enclosed space and people can still hear the engine & exhaust noise, so you still need to take careful precautions against discovery.

Oh, depending upon where you are, it may be illegal to remove the catalytic converter. Damn, even when something benefits the environment, it makes suicide difficult. And your check engine light will go on. :)

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals