• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Leavesfromthevine

Leavesfromthevine

Untreated Trauma
Nov 23, 2023
I was curious about this being a possible method for me. I have a sports car that can easily go 140+ mph (225+ kph) but in order to ensure actually successfully ctbing would a neck restraint work?

My thought process is that the neck restraint would snap your neck ensuring a quick ctb similar to how full drop hanging can do. I know there is a risk of becoming a vegetable or something like that but I can also disable all my airbags to help.

Any additional ideas or suggestions? Just an idea for now so no worries if it's all around a bad idea or too risky

N

NewSereneC

Dec 2, 2023
Honestly don't. I had a serious car crash - just an accident and it was not my fault - and I have an acquired brain injury, massive spinal damage, and I am more or less paralysed with the odd good day here and there where I have some basic function. Someone feeds me, wipes my ass, and I can only really speak and type using a sight to voice/text synth - think along the lines of Doctor Hawking. This is a horrible way to exist and I will be departing as soon as is practical. My point is - don't crash to die, because you may not, and then what you're left with is less than a life.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: treetop.grazer, Hotsackage, PAš–Øš‘ and 3 others
Leavesfromthevine

Leavesfromthevine

Untreated Trauma
Nov 23, 2023
Honestly don't. I had a serious car crash - just an accident and it was not my fault - and I have an acquired brain injury, massive spinal damage, and I am more or less paralysed with the odd good day here and there where I have some basic function. Someone feeds me, wipes my ass, and I can only really speak and type using a sight to voice/text synth - think along the lines of Doctor Hawking. This is a horrible way to exist and I will be departing as soon as is practical. My point is - don't crash to die, because you may not, and then what you're left with is less than a life.
Thank you for the honest and realistic perspective. It's a huge risk for sure.
Living like that must be insanely tough. I hope you find your peace soon.

• Love
Reactions: NewSereneC
N

NewSereneC

Dec 2, 2023
Thank you for the honest and realistic perspective. It's a huge risk for sure.
Living like that must be insanely tough. I hope you find your peace soon.
It's....not fun. Right at the moment I'd really love a cup of coffee, and I need a wee. My next carer doesn't start for another two hours more or less. I can either sit here in pain for that time, or relieve myself and sit in it, then have the indignity of being cleaned up later. And either way, I still won't get my coffee!

CTB is, obviously, fine and a choice and that's a whole thing in itself. But honestly I wouldn't wish this existence on anyone, and I'd implore you to choose a method - if that is what you want to do - which carries a lot less risk of being put into a state like this.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Hotsackage and Leavesfromthevine
todienomore

todienomore

Arcanist
Apr 7, 2023
I think this is a good method, as long as what you hit is solid, good rope/knots, good interior anchor point.

Reactions: Leavesfromthevine
GlutenFreeCat

GlutenFreeCat

You're gonna carry that weight.
Dec 6, 2023
If I was going to CTB with a vehicle, I'd use a vehicular assisted neck compression.

Basically, tie a rope to a fixed object like a tree, open the trunk and feed the rope straight the the back of the car, take the other end and tie it around your neck, put the car in drive and let it roll forward.

sounds gruesome but I'd rather that than run the risk of being in an ultra-high-speed accident and survive.

I had a friend attempt to CTB by topping his car out and hitting a truck head on.. he survived and is now a quadriplegic requiring 24 hour care. Car accidents aren't the best method IMHO. Too many variables.

Reactions: todienomore and Leavesfromthevine
casual_existence

casual_existence

Student
Jul 29, 2023
What if ya get some kind of curved blade and put it around your neck. Like some kind of car guillotine. Is this something that can be done?