B

birdshavemyheart

Jun 5, 2020
Hi there. My first post. I've been lurking for a few days and appreciate the candid support this community offers.

I've never really fit in and I've never really belonged anywhere. I decided a few days ago to CTB when I am able to. I've had an SO for a few years, but our relationship is not good. He's very manipulative and I know he doesn't mean to be, but he always will be.

Since I left for college 7 years ago, I've watched my family fall apart through a series of complicated situations. The end result is an entire childhood of family memories I can never return to.

These days I have constant flashbacks to past memories. I don't know what triggers them, but I'll be going about my daily life and instantly be reminded of an event or emotion from years and years ago. I know this is a normal thing, but lately it's been getting so much worse for me. I honestly want to see a therapist or psychologist but I can't afford one.

What is hardest of all is the fact that I have given so much of myself to other people for years and years. I'm consistently the hardest worker at my job. I have devoted myself entirely to friends and family who have turned their backs on me in a lot of little, and some very big ways.

I do not want this life anymore. I think about a career change, going back to school, but there is not a single thing I am passionate about.

But I can't go yet. The only thing keeping me here are my 2 pet birds who have been in my family since 2007. They make my heart feel at ease every time I come home to them. I couldn't leave them alone, and they have no one but me. I love them so much.

I also recently acquired a cat that a family member abandoned with me out of the blue. I've never been a cat person, but this cat adores me, even though she has a good bit of anxiety. She's a sweetheart. All 3 of my pets are adopted and I could never bring myself to leave them alone in this world. So I have to stay and be strong for them, for now.

I write all this because I know in my heart that my loneliness and suffering will have an end, and that gives me comfort. Even if I can't leave yet, I know that it will be okay in the end, and I just have to be as comfortable as I can until my time comes. It feels like I'm just a visitor to this world, just passing through.

Thank you for reading, and for the solidarity this community offers.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: thereandgone, No_more, autumnal and 7 others
A

AnxietyAttack44

I just wanna go to my husband already.
Jun 5, 2020
Im sorry to hear about your pain. I feel similiar. Im in foreign country, no family on this side of planet. My husband just passed away and i got left with 7 sweet dogs we had, and 1 unfortunately bled out and died after my husbands passing.
I know they will be taken cared of if i get sick, leave or die. Husbands family still checks up on them every day.

I find comfort in the fact that atleast they will get a new hopefully happier family after i leave, since i wont be allowed to stay here for much longer either way.

Im glad you found comfort and i hope you stay strong. Good luck

• Hugs
Reactions: No_more, sadghost and birdshavemyheart
Deleted member 10475

Deleted member 10475

Tired.
Sep 11, 2019
I'm really sorry you feel this way, but know you're not alone.

I wanna leave so badly, days are getting worse, but there's no way I could since my cat adores me and I love it too. My mother says he cries when I'm not home.

I know how you're feeling and I'm sure a lot of us here do, I'm really glad you joined. This is a great place for support and comfort.

• Hugs
Reactions: sadghost, selfhater and birdshavemyheart
B

birdshavemyheart

Jun 5, 2020
Im sorry to hear about your pain. I feel similiar. Im in foreign country, no family on this side of planet. My husband just passed away and i got left with 7 sweet dogs we had, and 1 unfortunately bled out and died after my husbands passing.
I know they will be taken cared of if i get sick, leave or die. Husbands family still checks up on them every day.

I find comfort in the fact that atleast they will get a new hopefully happier family after i leave, since i wont be allowed to stay here for much longer either way.

Im glad you found comfort and i hope you stay strong. Good luck

I'm very sorry to hear about your husband. My heart aches just imagining the pain you are in. If you're not allowed to stay where you are for much longer, I hope that you are able to find a new living situation easily... But for now I'm glad that your puppers have you, and you have them.
I'm really sorry you feel this way, but know you're not alone.

I wanna leave so badly, days are getting worse, but there's no way I could since my cat adores me and I love it too. My mother says he cries when I'm not home.

I know how you're feeling and I'm sure a lot of us here do, I'm really glad you joined. This is a great place for support and comfort.

Thank you for the kind welcome. :) I've always found peace in spending time with my pets. In as many ways as humanity has let me down, animals have kept me afloat. I'm thankful that you and your kitty have each other.

InterstateFlowers

InterstateFlowers

Experienced
Apr 16, 2020
I'm sorry you're suffering so much and I can only offer you weak comfort but I really am sorry. What are your pets names? I've never had pets before because my parents are allergic (I still live with them) I've always wanted a cat though because they're so soft.. What's yours like? I hope this helps in any way. <3

Reactions: Deleted member 4993
N

No_more

May 5, 2019
My pets kept me alive. Now they have died, I want to ctb. I want to be with them.

• Love
Reactions: the-eternal
SpottedPanda

SpottedPanda

I'm all about coffee and cigarettes
Jul 24, 2019
Kudos on having something worth staying for. If you're going to live, might as well live loving someone or something

got2beFionaC

got2beFionaC

i am nobody. who are you? are you nobody, too?
Jul 1, 2020
100% get where you're coming from. all i have in this world is my sweet doggo that i found on the side of the road in the dead of winter. she's all i have. and i can't leave her. i almost want to take her with me, but couldn't bring myself to hurt her physically. but if i go, i know she would be destroyed.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: the-eternal and No_more
the-eternal

the-eternal

Apr 10, 2018
with great comfort to think about putting an end to my life comes deep sadness when i remember i'll be leaving my cat behind. he's my last remaining friend. such a sweet little creature. he's the only thing that's been keeping me bound to this existence since i took him home late last year. still, i can not forget my reasons for despising this existence and wanting no part in it any longer. the dread and the loneliness still remain and only continue to fester as the days pass.

in the end i know my cat will continue to thrive and live a happy life under the care of my family members who love him just as much as i do.

• Hugs
Reactions: fatmanatee