Distorted

Distorted

living dead youth
Sep 8, 2021
For once when I express my desire to die, I want someone to tell me that it's okay. That it's fine if I can't keep going anymore. They'll think of me fondly, but not miss me. I want them to be happy for me. I want them to be proud that I'm putting myself first and letting myself rest.

Instead I'm met with "I don't want you to die." "I want...I don't want..."

I wish I never made any connections at all. Now I'm responsible for the happiness of others. Now I have to suffer so they don't feel bad.

They want me to work towards a future that I reject with my whole being. It's not for my sake. It's to save them from guilt.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: 0000000000000, Huntfish34, Rational man and 5 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I think that this is why it's for the best not being open about wanting to die. There are many people who cannot understand that it's the best thing for many of us and they refuse to accept suicide as being a rational solution to end an existence not worth enduring. I really doubt that you would get the approval that you are looking for, and I don't think that people should need it anyway. Suicide is a personal decision after all, and other people should have no say in it.

• Aww..
Reactions: Rational man
Navi

Navi

Toaster bath looking real good rn
Feb 6, 2023
It's always about how they feel and never about how we feel. Suddenly we're the selfish ones because people can't seem to take responsibility for how they feel. I'm sorry you have to go through this. It's your personal decision. They could never hope to understand the pain you go through.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: 0000000000000, Huntfish34 and Rational man
Rational man

Rational man

Enlightened
Oct 19, 2021
From my experience, most people don't do ' death talk ' too well because its a reminder that we all do die. We are impermanence and all life ends eventually, whichever way that is.

• Hugs
Reactions: Huntfish34