_Minsk

_Minsk

death: the cure for life
Dec 9, 2019
I've noticed that my anhedonia doesn't go well with most stimulants, i get super anxious just with 20mg caffeine (powder). Now my day is wasted and i feel restless and somehow even more empty.. Does anyone else deals with this too?

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: TheGoodGuy, Xocoyotziin, Deleted member 1465 and 18 others
Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
I also can't take caffeine because it doesn't go well with my meds and I already have generalized anxiety and caffeine makes it worse. I unfortunately just accepted that I'm always low energy and tired. You could literally tell me to sleep at any point in the day and I'd have no problem with it. I can sleep 12+hours and still not feel rested

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Gnip, Ghost2211, antigone_iris and 7 others
_Minsk

_Minsk

death: the cure for life
Dec 9, 2019
I also can't take caffeine because it doesn't go well with my meds and I already have generalized anxiety and caffeine makes it worse. I unfortunately just accepted that I'm always low energy and tired. You could literally tell me to sleep at any point in the day and I'd have no problem with it. I can sleep 12+hours and still not feel rested
same(except meds)!

• Hugs
Reactions: Ghost2211, death137, Nymph and 2 others
Good4Nothing

Good4Nothing

Unlovable
May 8, 2020
Me. A couple years ago a guy I worked with started mixing decaf into my coffee (We brewed it at work, and he was always there before me, so he brewed the coffee), because he thought caffeine was making me angry (It wasn't the caffeine, it was our psycho asshole co-worker).
One day he said "how do you like decaf coffee? You've been drinking it for 6 months now". I was pissed. Now caffeine makes me feel like I'm gonna die. I can't drink it at all anymore. My heart races and i cant breathe, my head weighs 100 pounds and I get dizzy... it sucks. I miss coffee.
I still drink decaf every day, out of habit, but it takes me 3 hours now before my head's together and I can be productive.

• Wow
  • Aww..
Reactions: demuic, Ghost2211, antigone_iris and 6 others
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
Me. A couple years ago a guy I worked with started mixing decaf into my coffee (We brewed it at work, and he was always there before me, so he brewed the coffee), because he thought caffeine was making me angry (It wasn't the caffeine, it was our psycho asshole co-worker).
One day he said "how do you like decaf coffee? You've been drinking it for 6 months now". I was pissed. Now caffeine makes me feel like I'm gonna die. I can't drink it at all anymore. My heart races and i cant breathe, my head weighs 100 pounds and I get dizzy... it sucks. I miss coffee.
I still drink decaf every day, out of habit, but it takes me 3 hours now before my head's together and I can be productive.
What your coworker did is borderline criminal and I would've swung on him for that shit.

I need my caffeine to even open my eyes. So I feel bad for you guys.

• Hugs
Reactions: demuic, Skathon, Gnip and 9 others
k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
Caffeine definitely makes anxiety worse. I can't live without it, though. I'm finding it doesn't really affect me much anymore, which sucks. Like I can chug energy drinks and fall asleep immediately.

• Hugs
Reactions: Ghost2211, death137, _Minsk and 1 other person
lost guy

lost guy

Just a guy trying to work things out.
Aug 12, 2020
Yep, I quit caffeine at the beginning of this year when my troubles started. Caffeine sets my anxiety to a whole new and intolerable level. I had to stop using cannabis because of the same reason, too.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Ghost2211, antigone_iris, death137 and 2 others
Gnip

Gnip

Bill the Cat
Oct 10, 2020

I always wonder in cases like this if the poster has undergone an overnight sleep study to rule out obstructive sleep apnea as a potential cause of the problem. For a year and a half, I actually slept on CPAP equipment and not only did that torture device DRAIN my energy even further, but it would up giving me a two and a half month bout of severe bronchitis. The original diagnosis of severe OSA did reveal one reason I've always been tired with low energy due to something I was born with and inherited.

• Hugs
Reactions: Ghost2211 and _Minsk
LooksAtMoonDog

LooksAtMoonDog

Too Long in the Wasteland
Nov 10, 2020
I drink green tea all day and the caffeine in that doesn't seem to bother me, but a couple cups of my fav coffee (black, strong) makes me a jittery mess.

• Wow
Reactions: Ghost2211, x~Sophia~x and _Minsk
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
That really sucks. I couldn't possibly imagine giving caffeine up for practically anything. I already feel bad enough having to give up alcohol due to my medication and I don't even like the taste of it that much. I hope you can find a way around it. :aw:

• Love
Reactions: Skathon, Ghost2211 and _Minsk
waived

waived

I am a sunrise
Jan 5, 2019
Caffeine makes me feel great most of the time especially with cannabis.

• Hugs
Reactions: _Minsk, Skathon and Ghost2211
Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
I always wonder in cases like this if the poster has undergone an overnight sleep study to rule out obstructive sleep apnea as a potential cause of the problem. For a year and a half, I actually slept on CPAP equipment and not only did that torture device DRAIN my energy even further, but it would up giving me a two and a half month bout of severe bronchitis. The original diagnosis of severe OSA did reveal one reason I've always been tired with low energy due to something I was born with and inherited.
I haven't gone through a sleep study, one of the reasons why I'm so tired is probably because one of the meds I take are for my insomnia. So before I took them I would never be able to sleep at night, usually from stress and stuff but after I started taking them it took a whole 180 and now I could sleep all day. There really is not in between lol.

• Hugs
Reactions: _Minsk, Ghost2211 and Gnip
Gnip

Gnip

Bill the Cat
Oct 10, 2020
I haven't gone through a sleep study, one of the reasons why I'm so tired is probably because one of the meds I take are for my insomnia. So before I took them I would never be able to sleep at night, usually from stress and stuff but after I started taking them it took a whole 180 and now I could sleep all day. There really is not in between lol.

Well this was also my experience. At no time in my life was I able to sleep well before getting placed on insomnia medications long after I left school. With sleep medications, I could also sleep all day. Then, I tried Provigil (modafinil) off label for my AD/HD, and while it did not improve my focus, it did energize me in a smooth and steady way. Since that medication is used to treat sleep apnea, my dramatic improvement on it led me to schedule an overnight sleep study, which revealed a classic severe case of congenital obstructive sleep apnea.

• Hugs
Reactions: _Minsk and Ghost2211
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
Wtf, that guy is creepy sadistic. You might tolerate lower doses of caffeine like can of soda or cutting jet lag pills. I can only tolerate about 25mg of caffeine at a time. A cup of coffee (100mg) would do the same thing to me it does to you. It's just way too high a dose.

Reactions: _Minsk, demuic, Good4Nothing and 1 other person
k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
25mg? Wow...
And here I am needing 300+ to maybe drag myself through half the day, and I'm still falling into random sleep comas!

• Hugs
Reactions: _Minsk, Skathon and Ghost2211
Gnip

Gnip

Bill the Cat
Oct 10, 2020
Wtf, that guy is creepy sadistic. You might tolerate lower doses of caffeine like can of soda or cutting jet lag pills. I can only tolerate about 25mg of caffeine at a time. A cup of coffee (100mg) would do the same thing to me it does to you. It's just way too high a dose.

I just returned from a restaurant breakfast this morning and ordered decaf. I watched as my server reflexively reached for the regular coffee pot and called her on it as she approached my table.

NEVER order coffee from a drive thru if you confine yourself to decaffeinated coffee! They will automatically give you the leaded stuff! Even when ordering inside an establishment, you sometimes have to watch servers like a hawk to make sure you don't get poisoned with caffeine.

My final jobs involved working overnight, and instead of drinking caffeinated beverages, I opted out of caffeine in favor of trying to sleep better during the daylight hours (in a quiet room with blacked out windows), and it worked reasonably well.

Today, a good dose of caffeine can ruin me, and I'll need to counteract with benzodiazepines.

Reactions: _Minsk, Ghost2211 and Good4Nothing
Good4Nothing

Good4Nothing

Unlovable
May 8, 2020

I can drink iced tea or soda with lunch, but my days of consuming 2 pots of black Joe before breakfast are behind me.
I miss coffee... decaf just ain't the same.

• Hugs
Reactions: _Minsk and Ghost2211
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
I still drink way too much coffee. And tea. And...just about anything. When I'm trapped inside due to the weather, I drink. I have wondered if maybe I'm not actually an alcoholic, I'm just a dipsomaniac.

• Hugs
Reactions: _Minsk, Good4Nothing and Ghost2211
TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
I've noticed that my anhedonia doesn't go well with most stimulants, i get super anxious just with 20mg caffeine (powder). Now my day is wasted and i feel restless and somehow even more empty.. Does anyone else deals with this too?
Welcome to the club @_Minsk sorry you´re in it though. Because of anxiety I can´t use caffeine either although I allow one class for 1 meal a day.

Actually I have so many problems that stuff like this is almost subconscious to me now you bring it up I think about how I can´t drink energy drinks anymore like I did back when I was gaming with friends at 13 back when there was only one brand X-Ray and we would drink them at LAN parties while staying up all night and drink them throughout the day to keep us awake till it was late enough to finally sleep. I can´t even drink coffee anymore and if I buy a large Soda from Mc Donalds I will feel anxious, restless just like you feel. Even back before my back injury when I was 20 and used pre-workout it was awesome to workout on to burn that restless energy off but I would never consider taking it now even if I could workout.
And harder stimulants is a no go for me as an adult I usually describe them as anxiety in powder form, it seems so unfair other people can enjoy all these substances and even abuse it hard without no severe consequences but we can´t even drink caffeine.

I miss the days back when wasn´t allergic to almost all foods and could drink as much soda or energy drinks I wanted (not that I drank that many energy drinks just on occasions) but just the carefreeness of it all felt so liberating now I have to think about everything I eat or drink if I am intolerant/allergic or is there caffeine in it, I say it again it sucks to be an adult my body is just a flesh prison now I want to be young again and able to enjoy the most simple things in life just like a can of energy drink or certain foods but those times are gone...

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: _Minsk and Ἡγησίας