ikadasui

ikadasui

Arcanist
May 29, 2018
It's always that too and never are you in school. No, I needed less time spent in that hellish place frankly and it's the entire reason my life is as bad as it is now. It was never a place of learning, but new forms of misery, judgement, failure, social shunning and torment for me. Last thing I ever would do is go back for more and even if I did want to I'm far too stupid at this point for it to matter anyway. I wish I didn't have to leave my fucking house and could live out my miserable days at my home in shame without judgement I fucking hate being forced to work around other people.

• Hugs
Reactions: Journeytoletgo, Circles, tieiwi and 6 others
C

CommitSudoku

never interfere with a lifespan reaping
Feb 12, 2022
Was there anything you wanted to study/learn about if there was a good place for learning? I'm sorry it sounds like you really had an awful experience with school. I never had a great one either though I would say I learned things, but then forgot most of them and didn't fix any of my inherent issues but just had less time to cope with them.

It's really hard putting ourselves out there and working around others. I'm honestly growing out my bangs just in part so they can cover my eyes and hide the fact I can't look people in the face lol still waiting to find the perfect remote job that's easy, can be done from home, and I won't have to directly talk to anyone (and of course could still get paid). I'd honestly be willing to give something like that a shot, since I don't like using my mind.

Reactions: pisshead
L

lonleycrowdedwest

im so dumb i misspelled lonely
Aug 16, 2021
It's always that too and never are you in school. No, I needed less time spent in that hellish place frankly and it's the entire reason my life is as bad as it is now. It was never a place of learning, but new forms of misery, judgement, failure, social shunning and torment for me. Last thing I ever would do is go back for more and even if I did want to I'm far too stupid at this point for it to matter anyway. I wish I didn't have to leave my fucking house and could live out my miserable days at my home in shame without judgement I fucking hate being forced to work around other people.
I dropped out recently and have been struggling with it. I will be the first in 5 generations to not have a degree, and while i think that getting a degree does not necessarily improve your actual person, it hurts a lot. I know my family is dissapointed, and for myself I know I will never achieve what I thought i could. It's so sad that this one specific test of ability is the de-facto way to judge someone's future.

• Hugs
Reactions: TakeMeBack07 and waitingforrest
W

waitingforrest

Elementalist
Dec 27, 2021
I don't ever know if I want a degree or it's just what's expected of me. I don't know, but the thought of having to do the same thing over and over just for money makes me suicidal.

The constant questions about what I want to do in the future depress me. In truth, I don't want a future.

I feel like there is a pressure to be useful to society. It is honestly annoying how much people ask about school and careers. I would also like to just become a hermit and never leave the house.

Reactions: TakeMeBack07 and ikadasui
ikadasui

ikadasui

Arcanist
May 29, 2018
Was there anything you wanted to study/learn about if there was a good place for learning? I'm sorry it sounds like you really had an awful experience with school. I never had a great one either though I would say I learned things, but then forgot most of them and didn't fix any of my inherent issues but just had less time to cope with them.

It's really hard putting ourselves out there and working around others. I'm honestly growing out my bangs just in part so they can cover my eyes and hide the fact I can't look people in the face lol still waiting to find the perfect remote job that's easy, can be done from home, and I won't have to directly talk to anyone (and of course could still get paid). I'd honestly be willing to give something like that a shot, since I don't like using my mind.
Sadly no. I never had any goals or ambitions for as long as I can remember which certainly didn't help it was just always a disaster

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: TakeMeBack07, CommitSudoku and katagiri83
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
This life can be so awful and depressing. We are forced to exist and we have all these pressures and expectations placed on us. Other people just seem to make things worse as well. I see life as being very pointless and I have never wanted to live. I have never had any goals as well, there has been nothing that I have wanted out of life. I wish you the best.

T

tieiwi

Experienced
Dec 11, 2021
I know that feeling, my heart goes out to you. I always dread seeing family members or meeting new people and having to explain I'm not in school. The shame I feel as the words leave my mouth is indescribable. It's like everyone is silently judging me. I have no ambitions or goals as well and never have an answer when someone asks me so I always lie. It's so hard when we live in a world where education is such a big factor in people's lives. I really hope you find the peace you need.