R

readytogetout

Sep 9, 2023
It just feels like I'm surrounded by them at this point in my life. From two roommates who talked about me behind my back while simultaneously always being up my ass begging for things, to this crazy bitch at work who just decided she hated me and wanted to ruin my life. I'm so sick of it.

• Hugs
Reactions: WAITING TO DIE and Forever Sleep
AgentOrange

AgentOrange

Oct 3, 2023
recovering narcissist here and i agree. ive said shit i regret but don't actually care if that makes sense. sorry. i think that i want to be a powerful person and when im not i hate myself. people don't know that tho

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I'm so sorry. It was a (suspected) narcissist that made me suicidal in the first place. I hope you can find ways to avoid them. Do you watch YouTube? There are some really good videos about it. I highly recommend: 'Live Abuse Free' and 'The Crappy Childhood Fairy.'

• Hugs
Reactions: WAITING TO DIE
WAITING TO DIE

WAITING TO DIE

TORMENTED
Sep 30, 2023
My mother was a narcissist so I have a special kind of hatred for these people.
Unfortunately these days there seems to be more Narcissists around than ever.
I have suffered abuse from these types in school and the workplace and even in friendships.
They are extremely obnoxious and cunning, my so - called friend was a covert narcissist and tried to ruin my life for no good reason.
It's sometimes difficult to spot them at first because they often seem charming, yet in reality they are very vindictive and often dangerous people with a sinister agenda.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Amyend88
just_a_guy

just_a_guy

thispersondoesnotexist
Oct 27, 2023
I can relate to this but in a sense I think I attract narcissists. I seem to get along with people that other people don't like even though I'm not blind to their shortcomings, but that doesn't mean that their behavior doesn't bother me. I have narcissistic exes and current friends who are narcissists and the funny thing is how they all seem to point fingers at each others labelling the other person a narcissist.

• Hugs
Reactions: Amyend88 and WAITING TO DIE
D

doneforlife

Arcanist
Jul 18, 2023
My mother was a narcissist so I have a special kind of hatred for these people.
Unfortunately these days there seems to be more Narcissists around than ever.
I have suffered abuse from these types in school and the workplace and even in friendships.
They are extremely obnoxious and cunning, my so - called friend was a covert narcissist and tried to ruin my life for no good reason.
It's sometimes difficult to spot them at first because they are often seem charming, yet in reality they are very vindictive and often dangerous people with a sinister agenda.
Others being narcissist is one thing . Parents being narcissistic is a different ball game altogether. May God bless those kids..

Reactions: Amyend88, Aim and WAITING TO DIE
WAITING TO DIE

WAITING TO DIE

TORMENTED
Sep 30, 2023
I'm so sorry. It was a (suspected) narcissist that made me suicidal in the first place. I hope you can find ways to avoid them. Do you watch YouTube? There are some really good videos about it. I highly recommend: 'Live Abuse Free' and 'The Crappy Childhood Fairy.'
I suffered narcissistic abuse and it drove me to have a breakdown and become suicidal.
These people are sadistic emotional bullies and control freaks, and incredibly difficult to try and reason with.
I'm sorry you went through this and hope you are now doing OK.
Others being narcissist is one thing . Parents being narcissistic is a different ball game altogether. May God bless those kids..

So true.
I had to endure my entire childhood at the mercy of my narcissistic Mother and couldn't escape until I was 16.

Reactions: KAZ-2Y5 and Amyend88
steppenwolf

steppenwolf

Not a student
Oct 25, 2023
'Narcissists' huh. That's a big word. It's got three syllables in it, and three hissy consonant sounds, four if you count 'sts' twice.

• Yay!
Reactions: KAZ-2Y5 and just_a_guy
WAITING TO DIE

WAITING TO DIE

TORMENTED
Sep 30, 2023
I can relate to this but in a sense I think I attract narcissists. I seem to get along with people that other people don't like even though I'm not blind to their shortcomings, but that doesn't mean that their behavior doesn't bother me. I have narcissistic exes and current friends who are narcissists and the funny thing is how they all seem to point fingers at each others labelling the other person a narcissist.
I attract them too, even though I have suffered narcissistic abuse in the past and am wiser to them now.
I can spot a narcissist very quickly now and refuse to engage with them.

Reactions: KAZ-2Y5 and Amyend88
D

doneforlife

Arcanist
Jul 18, 2023
I suffered narcissistic abuse and it drove me to have a breakdown and become suicidal.
These people are sadistic emotional bullies and control freaks, and incredibly difficult to try and reason with.

So true.
I had to endure my entire childhood at the mercy of my narcissistic Mother and couldn't escape until I was 16.
So sorry to hear that. How are you doing now ? The pointlessness of life gets so magnified when people in your life are like these. You just loose the will to continue.

just_a_guy

just_a_guy

thispersondoesnotexist
Oct 27, 2023
I attract them too, even though I have suffered narcissistic abuse in the past and am wiser to them now.
I can spot a narcissist very quickly now and refuse to engage with them.
I think I've become like that bird that cleans the crocodile's teeth

• Yay!
Reactions: WAITING TO DIE and Amyend88
R

randal_bond

Me encantaria practicar ES con Hispanohablantes.
Oct 23, 2018
It just feels like I'm surrounded by them at this point in my life. From two roommates who talked about me behind my back while simultaneously always being up my ass begging for things, to this crazy bitch at work who just decided she hated me and wanted to ruin my life. I'm so sick
Not the best place to come if you want to avoid Cluster B PD. Be wary of BPDs, they're having a field day here playing a victim card and getting all the empathy. The same applies to vulnerable narcissists. If there were a paradise for those who are low on supply, this is the place. They're basically guaranteed to get empathy and attention here. Majority never really try to CTB, not seriously. If they do, they know how to create drama. Tthey takes 1000 photos of that bottle, of that rope, all from different angles, with dramatic lighting, start a megathread documenting every move on the day. Lots of supply. Then they'll go quiet for a few hours - more attention, where is X? Are they still with us? If not, RIP, etc. Then they'll reappear with a mournful story how they couldn't do it. And will receive even more supply. Then more poor me posts. Then another "attempt", with every minute documented ala Instagram. Rinse, repeat.

Be very careful here. Think about your needs first. Don't overshare. Remember that some people will use you if you let them. There're too many of them playing here. Apart from hate forums, one of the best places for them.

Last edited:
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022

So true.

Thanks so much. I'm so sorry that you went through that. I guess they have their own issues too but honestly, I have very little patience in trying to understand. They wreak so much havoc in people's lives. I find it hard not to feel hatred towards them.

I guess to some extent, I was lucky- I was able to cut all ties. I guess we sort of recover but then- do we really? Surely, it changes us.

I was a child at the time. I had no idea why they were behaving the way they were. Honestly- I was terrified of them and I doubt I was the only one. It's hard to believe they have changed. I feel a great swell of pity for the people who are around them now that they have decided to turn on. I've always loved the phrase: 'I envy the people that have never met them.' That about sums it up.

I feel so bad for you- if it was your mother though. That's got to make it so much more complicated.

• Hugs
WAITING TO DIE

WAITING TO DIE

TORMENTED
Sep 30, 2023
So sorry to hear that. How are you doing now ? The pointlessness of life gets so magnified when people in your life are like these. You just loose the will to continue.
Thank you.
I used to struggle a lot with ptsd from the abuse, yet am a bit more resilient these days.
It's true that these people drive you to lose the will to live, and I honestly don't think they care one bit that they are doing this.
Thanks so much. I'm so sorry that you went through that. I guess they have their own issues too but honestly, I have very little patience in trying to understand. They wreak so much havoc in people's lives. I find it hard not to feel hatred towards them.

I guess to some extent, I was lucky- I was able to cut all ties. I guess we sort of recover but then- do we really? Surely, it changes us.

I was a child at the time. I had no idea why they were behaving the way they were. Honestly- I was terrified of them and I doubt I was the only one. It's hard to believe they have changed. I feel a great swell of pity for the people who are around them now that they have decided to turn on. I've always loved the phrase: 'I envy the people that have never met them.' That about sums it up.

I feel so bad for you- if it was your mother though. That's got to make it so much more complicated.
Thank you.
So sorry you were so young when this happened. A child and a narcissist is a truly horrifying combination.
Yet, I'm glad that you were able to cut ties with them.

Last edited:
R

readytogetout

Sep 9, 2023
recovering narcissist here and i agree. ive said shit i regret but don't actually care if that makes sense. sorry. i think that i want to be a powerful person and when im not i hate myself. people don't know that tho
Yeah I understand, although I can't relate. Why do narcissists get so threatened and insecure by the smallest bits of success people around them have?
Love crappy childhood fairy. And yeah, I was dealing with 3 narcissists in a row and it lead me to having a major break down. I will never understand how people can live knowing they're such a shitty person from the inside out.

Last edited:
  • Hugs