Starfire

Starfire

just here to vent
Nov 3, 2020
I was raised in a household that uses physical and emotional abuse as a discipline. Apparently, it's how they show "love."

I have been in a physically, verbally, emotionally, and mentally abusive.. "relationship"?- Well, it depends on how you define relationship. Technically it is a deep connection between two or more people so ye, that's that.

I abuse myself- idk why honestly, probably because that's the kind of treatment I grew up receiving. I abuse alcohol, I physically hurt myself, and I endure people's unfair treatment of me.

People abuse my kindness. Yeah, I rarely admit that I'm kind. I honestly never do. But fuck it. Thinking about it, I really am too kind. I feel too much. I sympathize too much. I have been treated so terribly that I don't want others to feel any way close to how I felt.. to how I'm feeling. And it makes me so mad that my unfortunate experiences have to dictate the way I SHOULD treat people just because I know how awful it is. And I'm even more mad because I'm feeling that it's really unfair that I have to be very understanding and considerate of other people who honestly doesn't give an ounce of care to how I'm feeling.

But I guess that's just the way it goes.

All my confidence and basic self-love have been stripped from me already and I hate that I feel like I deserve it. There's a constant battle in my head whether I should fight for myself or continue to allow those things to happen.

I was never used to being treated so kindly that each time someone tries to, I am very suspicious of the intent behind it. I suppose my friends mean well but honestly, I never believed them. And if I did, it's only a matter of time before I doubt their entire action. I guess I only thank and appreciate the gesture because it's the standard response?

Receiving genuine love is a strange feeling to me and I think I lack of the ability to process the feeling. It doesn't give me joy but rather, more fear and doubt. I wish it didn't. But I honestly have zero control of it.

I act normally- a response I have learned to master overtime. It works. At this point I don't think anyone would ever be suspicious of how truly repulsive I am on their "kindness".

Disgusting.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, FuneralCry, LunarPyotr and 1 other person
daddy Phil :)

daddy Phil :)

Oct 21, 2020
I sympathize too much. I have been treated so terribly that I don't want others to feel any way close to how I felt.. to how I'm feeling. And it makes me so mad that my unfortunate experiences have to dictate the way I SHOULD treat people just because I know how awful it is. And I'm even more mad because I'm feeling that it's really unfair that I have to be very understanding and considerate of other people who honestly doesn't give an ounce of care to how I'm feeling.
I can relate to this so damn much! If I really have to be honest with myself, I'm too kind compared to most people and a lot of people have used me for this. Even when I could clearly see some people were using me, I didn't care as long as they were happy and I was usefull to them. My whole life I have been thinking about others, trying to make everyone around me as happy as I could, and now look at me, look were I am now, thinking about hurting myself every single day all because I never cared about myself, I never looked at how I'm feeing, I never tried to make myself happy!

I'm sorry you have to go through this and I really hope people will treat you better because you deserve it! :)

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, Starfire, Neowise and 1 other person
Neowise

Neowise

We fly and fly but never reach our destination.
Oct 7, 2020
I was raised in a household that uses physical and emotional abuse as a discipline. Apparently, it's how they show "love."

I have been in a physically, verbally, emotionally, and mentally abusive.. "relationship"?- Well, it depends on how you define relationship. Technically it is a deep connection between two or more people so ye, that's that.

I abuse myself- idk why honestly, probably because that's the kind of treatment I grew up receiving. I abuse alcohol, I physically hurt myself, and I endure people's unfair treatment of me.

People abuse my kindness. Yeah, I rarely admit that I'm kind. I honestly never do. But fuck it. Thinking about it, I really am too kind. I feel too much. I sympathize too much. I have been treated so terribly that I don't want others to feel any way close to how I felt.. to how I'm feeling. And it makes me so mad that my unfortunate experiences have to dictate the way I SHOULD treat people just because I know how awful it is. And I'm even more mad because I'm feeling that it's really unfair that I have to be very understanding and considerate of other people who honestly doesn't give an ounce of care to how I'm feeling.

But I guess that's just the way it goes.

All my confidence and basic self-love have been stripped from me already and I hate that I feel like I deserve it. There's a constant battle in my head whether I should fight for myself or continue to allow those things to happen.

I was never used to being treated so kindly that each time someone tries to, I am very suspicious of the intent behind it. I suppose my friends mean well but honestly, I never believed them. And if I did, it's only a matter of time before I doubt their entire action. I guess I only thank and appreciate the gesture because it's the standard response?

Receiving genuine love is a strange feeling to me and I think I lack of the ability to process the feeling. It doesn't give me joy but rather, more fear and doubt. I wish it didn't. But I honestly have zero control of it.

I act normally- a response I have learned to master overtime. It works. At this point I don't think anyone would ever be suspicious of how truly repulsive I am on their "kindness".

Disgusting.
This could have been written by me, not gonna lie.
Same story: emotional abusive family, occasionally beaten as punishment, no self respect, overtly kind and helpful to anyone, I ask myself why I do this and I hate receiving kindness because I believe I don't deserve it or people want something from me.

My 4 year old niece sometimes comes and cuddles with me, but I don't know how to process that because I didn't grew up with that. With... positive physical contact. The only hugs I get are for my birthday, Christmas or good marks so I don't understand why people cuddle, hug me, pat my shoulder or whatever just for nothing. There has to be a reason behind it, right?! People aren't nice to you just because they want to be nice?!
Same thing with compliments. I just can't accept them because most of the time they aren't true. People just want to be kind.

I truly feel you there.

• Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and Starfire
Starfire

Starfire

just here to vent
Nov 3, 2020
This could have been written by me, not gonna lie.
Same story: emotional abusive family, occasionally beaten as punishment, no self respect, overtly kind and helpful to anyone, I ask myself why I do this and I hate receiving kindness because I believe I don't deserve it or people want something from me.

My 4 year old niece sometimes comes and cuddles with me, but I don't know how to process that because I didn't grew up with that. With... positive physical contact. The only hugs I get are for my birthday, Christmas or good marks so I don't understand why people cuddle, hug me, pat my shoulder or whatever just for nothing. There has to be a reason behind it, right?! People aren't nice to you just because they want to be nice?!
Same thing with compliments. I just can't accept them because most of the time they aren't true. People just want to be kind.

I truly feel you there.
I pray that one day you'll finally find genuine acceptance of care and love, most importantly from yourself ❤️
I hope you heal from all the things people and yourself have put you through, and that one day you'll also learn to love yourself :( ❤️
I can relate to this so damn much! If I really have to be honest with myself, I'm too kind compared to most people and a lot of people have used me for this. Even when I could clearly see some people were using me, I didn't care as long as they were happy and I was usefull to them. My whole life I have been thinking about others, trying to make everyone around me as happy as I could, and now look at me, look were I am now, thinking about hurting myself every single day all because I never cared about myself, I never looked at how I'm feeing, I never tried to make myself happy!

I'm sorry you have to go through this and I really hope people will treat you better because you deserve it! :)

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Neowise and nopointofliving
motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
Most of us who were abused as children never really get over it. Practicing self-compassion is the only way out, but it's so fucking hard to do... :nomouth:

• Love
Reactions: Starfire and WhatDoesTheFoxSay?