• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

JustAnotherSuicider

JustAnotherSuicider

Hoping for the best - expecting the worst
Dec 28, 2019
So I tried to pass out by closing my carotid artery today to test it before actual attempt, and I failed to do it.

I placed rope just right down below my Adam's apple and then pulled two crossed ends of the rope in opposite directions behind me. I get blur vision and headache instantly, I also was able to hear my heart beating and that strange filling like my head is full of blood or something. But that's it, I waited for one minute and nothing else happened.

What I'm doing wrong? According to resources I was supposed to black out after ~10 seconds. I definitely get the right spot. I tried to pull rope even stronger, but it was the same as before. Maybe I just need more time to pass out? But after minute it's getting so uncomfortable that I can't hold it any longer. Now I'm just all dizzy and my neck hurts.

R_N

R_N

-Memento Mori-
Dec 3, 2019
Aren't you supposed to place the rope above the Adam's apple?

GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
@JustAnotherSuicider, there's lots of discussion about this in the hanging mega thread under the resources sticky. I think you're likely not doing anything wrong, it's a matter of anatomy, your cartoids are likely too deep. Mine are as well.

@Angelus Errare, see same mega thread. For some it works better above the Adam's apple, for others below.

Reactions: R_N
M

marriedindeed

Aug 7, 2019
Carotid compression was first covered in the March 2019 edition of the PPeH. The PPeH is written by two medical doctors. There is a whole chapter dedicated to this method. Its referred to as the "Korean Method". It also talks about how to avoid placing pressure on the trachea. The March 2019 edition can be found here:

Based upon my own experiences, I would not recommend this method: tried partial suspension, obviously it failed, but I was left with lots of small red dots on my face where the tiny capillaries had burst due to the increase in pressure. Luckily the red dots cleared up after a couple of days.

I did a test run with a thin cable using both hands, i.e. self strangulation, with some success. However, when it came to my actual attempt using a door knob for the suspension, I failed multiple times.