• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Apostle

Apostle

Student
Apr 17, 2019
When friends and family die, I don't feel anything. There's just no reaction, internal or external. Even if I spent a lot of time around the person who died and considered them someone I loved. And I've gone through this a few times at different ages, same result. I also rarely feel any strong degree of empathy, and tend to feel totally emotionally blank when someone around me is hurt or upset.

But somehow, I've cried in several instances when pets died. And sometimes even out of sheer self-pity, frustration and shame. Apparently those things affect me more than the deaths of fellow human beings I personally knew?

I know how nonsensical it is to be that way, and I've always considered it wrong and backwards, even as a small child, but that's never changed it. Is there any explanation for this, beyond me simply being selfish and having mental problems? Does anyone else here experience this, and what do you think of your experience with it?