• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

LogicalConclusion

LogicalConclusion

Experienced
Jun 2, 2019
Hey all, so I've been kinda all over the place lately. Since coming here, I've felt a bit better and figured I'd sort out plans and notes for whenever I want to opt out. There are a few things I've been trying to finish that I'd like to do and I've cut down pretty much every social service I possibly can so I can focus on planning and just trying to fucking relax a bit. First I was going to continue making minimal effort towards finding a therapist while seeing the one at my psychiatrist's office once a month, and I started to feel a bit better and thinking that maybe I could try to live, just differently, somehow without all of these "professionals" in my life. Then I met with the therapist, and even though she was legitimately kind, seeing her gave me further clarity of how futile this cycle is. Just being in these kinds of relationships, like all of these uneven power dynamics (parent/child, doctor/patient, etc), is an automatic trigger for me that seems to almost immediately engage me in trauma re-enactment.

I need to stop trying the way they want me to. That is something I had already determined because I've tried their way and their rules for 16 years, it's not working. My friend has agreed to try and help me write a statement with boundaries and a less emotional explanation of my situation because I know that explaining things over and over to new people is triggering af, I can't talk about my trauma in a general way, they ask questions and I get lost in the memories to the point that I don't even remember what the question was, it's just flashback central for me. The therapist at my psych's office wanted to see my full eval from when I finally got my autism and PTSD diagnoses for the new therapist, too, and after the appt I remembered some of the things that were written in the report that I don't think are fully accurate and that I'm concerned will automatically reinitiate the stigmatization I've experienced since childhood that literally caused the whole damn cycle of hospitals, doctors, and therapists in the first fucking place.

How can you even get help when the act of seeking help itself is a trigger? I'm just so tired of this cycle. And I hate the fact that I'm expected to keep trying, doing the same thing and getting more and more traumatized by a system that doesn't give a shit. I am not able to work, my parents paid into the system and they and the system are the ones that fucked me up, I think I've paid my dues. I still feel guilty about not being able to work and wish things weren't this way but this is just how it is. I guess ultimately the point is just that I can't keep going on this way, living in this cycle that I'm expected to, but I can't not be in that cycle, so even if I wanted to live it still wouldn't be a sustainable situation. I feel like I'm pretty much forced into ctb by the system that claims to be "helping" me.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Final Escape, marcusuk63, Donewith_ and 2 others
not_a_robot

not_a_robot

"i hope the leaving is joyful, & never to return"
May 30, 2019
Yep. I don't see my care workers as "authority figures" at all, but they desperately want me to, just for their own validation.
NEVER. GOING. TO. HAPPEN.
I respected them enough to treat them as equals and they constantly try to punish me for that because what they believe they deserve from me is *subservience*, and that is NEVER. GOING. TO. HAPPEN.

I'm about to forfeit my medical and housing benefits to try to escape them and I'm terrified of what they'll do to retaliate. Probably try to lock me up. But they always leave me within easy reach of methods to ctb, because they want me to so much.
So I'll be fine.

Reactions: LogicalConclusion and Donewith_
D

Donewith_

Elementalist
Sep 28, 2018
I'm sorry you are hurting. this is terrible.. when you get triggered with the 'help' itself.
and you have been fighting for a real long time.. I am glad you've fought through all that however hard it was.
I can't begin to imagine how exhausting that feels like.. but, if you think you can do okay without the therapy and all.. i really hope that works for you.

• Hugs
Reactions: LogicalConclusion and not_a_robot
LogicalConclusion

LogicalConclusion

Experienced
Jun 2, 2019
Yep. I don't see my care workers as "authority figures" at all, but they desperately want me to, just for their own validation.
NEVER. GOING. TO. HAPPEN.
I respected them enough to treat them as equals and they constantly try to punish me for that because what they believe they deserve from me is *subservience*, and that is NEVER. GOING. TO. HAPPEN.

I'm about to forfeit my medical and housing benefits to try to escape them and I'm terrified of what they'll do to retaliate. Probably try to lock me up. But they always leave me within easy reach of methods to ctb, because they want me to so much.
So I'll be fine.
I'm glad you're able to stand up for yourself like that, that's really good. What is your secret? :blarg: But really, I wish I had the strength to not engage in it but it always just seems to...happen, and I don't always know why :notsure:

I'm sorry you are hurting. this is terrible.. when you get triggered with the 'help' itself.
and you have been fighting for a real long time.. I am glad you've fought through all that however hard it was.
I can't begin to imagine how exhausting that feels like.. but, if you think you can do okay without the therapy and all.. i really hope that works for you.
Thank you friend, I appreciate your kind words :hug: I'm not sure I will be much better, but I'll be less bad, if that makes sense. There is definitely a lot of depression waiting there if I don't ctb as well because that was one of my main sources of social interaction, having therapy and home health aides. Once I moved in to this new apt last year, I hadn't had a therapist or hha for some time and was very depressed and recreationally doing high doses of some OTC meds. A lot of that was also probably that I didn't have a functional computer for a couple months which was my primary source of interaction. Idk, maybe I can build something resembling a life on some level, I just don't know how :notsure:

Reactions: not_a_robot
not_a_robot

not_a_robot

May 30, 2019
No dude,standing up for myself definitely makes it worse. Much worse. I just get confident because I always think I'm gonna die soon anyway. They are in the process of making my life hell.

LogicalConclusion

LogicalConclusion

Experienced
Jun 2, 2019
No dude,standing up for myself definitely makes it worse. Much worse. I just get confident because I always think I'm gonna die soon anyway. They are in the process of making my life hell.
I guess one can't win then because you're being punished for not bowing down to them and I'm being punished for doing what they tell me to do :'(

not_a_robot

not_a_robot

May 30, 2019
I guess one can't win then because you're being punished for not bowing down to them and I'm being punished for doing what they tell me to do :'(
And I *tried* bowing down, I did. I just couldn't anymore when I realized they were just sabotaging me. Trying to provoke me while I was ill then film me on cellphone to try to make me look "crazy". It was bad.