• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

AnnaJaspers

AnnaJaspers

Experienced
Jul 2, 2019
I'm a horrible person in the midst of the most unrelenting horrifying depression which has lasted 3 years now. I lost my accounting practice due to this (among other things) because I couldn't file clients taxes on time. HOW BAD AM I?

How can I forgive myself before I CTB?

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: StillWaiting, Exitforme, Dawn0071111 and 3 others
Empty Smile

Empty Smile

The final Bell has rung. Goodbye to all.
Jul 13, 2018
You're not a bad person. Depression can destroy a person. Things that happened or fell apart because of your depression, is not your fault.

You have no reason to forgive yourself. It happens.

• Love
Reactions: Dawn0071111, Wolfjob_dayjob and a_strange_day
A

a_strange_day

Arcanist
Jul 16, 2019
You're not bad and you don't have to forgive yourself. I've been struggling with MDD most of my life and in recent years it has definitely taken over and destoyed everything I had left. At first I felt so guilty, so ashamed of not being able to fight anymore, of what I'd become. Then I slowly started to realize that I'm affected with a terrible condition and that I don't have to feel ashamed, guilty, or even apologize for who I am. It takes time.

• Love
Reactions: Dawn0071111 and Empty Smile
O

Onomotopoeia

Experienced
Feb 8, 2019
you do not need to be forgiven for struggling. It's just a part of life and some people are better equipped than others. Life is not cruel and almost never fair.

It may be important to you to forgive yourself, and based on this post i'd say that's likely true for you.

I would be the very definition of a hypocrite by saying but im going to anyway

The easiest way to struggle through depression and begin to forgive yourself is to simply not let the depression win.

Get out of bed, take small steps towards improvement, whatever that may mean for you. In the end it often wont matter and depression often wins but sometimes, just sometimes, getting out of bed is enough and anything beyond that is a small victory you did not know you needed.

I know it's all so cliche and yet still so true. I have been depressed long enough to know its true and long enough to know its not true so my words are worth nothing, I know.

But maybe they are worth something ya know?

Reactions: Asta
E

Exitforme

Deceased
Oct 3, 2019
I am so so so sorry this has happened to you. I have lost many employment opportunities due to my depression. It is so really sad to have no money when everything has a monetary value attached to it. Even dating becomes embarrassing and difficult when I am broke. It's not only "just money" when "just money" affects everything in life!

StillWaiting

StillWaiting

Need cats to comfort me
Jul 28, 2018
I don't think it is your fault at all.
It is just so hard to function when you are suffering from depression. People who don't suffer from it or recover from it will never understand how hard it is function with it.