B

Backwood_tilt

UnEnlightened
Dec 27, 2019
I haven't seen one of these yet.

See a few forumites talking about cannabis, and i thought it'd be cool to start a discussion about it.

Who's using it? What are you consuming, and how are you consuming it?

How does it affect you? Does it influence your desire to CTB, or your recovery, at all?

-----------------

I have some full spectrum extracts i got from growers in Western canada. It looks like this:
thca-crystals-in-terp-sauce-700px.jpg

Heavy indicas only, for me. I use it with an e-Nail and some really basic glassware.

It definitely ramps up my survival instinct and makes me second guess the drive to kill myself. So i will be very careful not to smoke when my time finally comes, particularly since it can sometimes make me more anxious. However, overall it helps with my physical health condition and generally makes me feel a bit better about things, in spite of the mild anxiety that might come crawling.

It also helps me SLEEP....which i'm sure many of us here struggle with. But again, since i exclusively smoke heavy/pure indicas that might differ from the results with sativas.

• Love
Reactions: ImsooDone1N, Garbage Person, Circles and 7 others
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
The culture of THC consumption has changed so much from when I started. I was a heavy pot smoker and a "bootlegger" of sorts back before any legalization efforts. I preferred the term connoisseur though as it's more akin to growing grapes for wine.

I do like the way the modernization of it is going. The dirt weed of the day is all but non existent now due to heavier competition. Technology is giving us stronger and more potent strains as well.

I feel like it's a bright future indeed for the industry. I'm just hoping national decriminalization will ramp up sooner rather than later.

Reactions: ImsooDone1N, Kassender, Circles and 2 others
I

imagineit

Jan 1, 2020
Im interested if there is heavy cannabis user base here. Weed has quite literally gotten me through some really dark times. I definitely lean on it more than I should, but it just makes me feel better. I dry out occasionally, but will probably be smoking up until the end. In terms of self medication, or coping mechanisms are concerned, cannabis has been the cornerstone through it all. Not always for the better. I have struggled with sobriety in the past, though, and I feel like I would probably start drinking again if I couldn't smoke.

No special implements or preference for consumption, really. Strong weed, glass bowl, papers.. I have simple needs. Things have definitely gotten more complicated in recent years. Amazing to see legalization spreading across the US, too, and how just the general attitude has changed. I remember trying to explain to someone in high school that smoking weed just made me feel better. I think people wouldn't find that sohard to understand now.

Stay safe everybody.

:hmph:

• Love
Reactions: Livingvsdying25, Green Destiny, Circles and 2 others
TheDevilsAngel

TheDevilsAngel

LetMeFree
Apr 22, 2019
It really helps me to get through the days

• Hugs
Reactions: imagineit, Weeping Garbage Can and Circles
Squiddy

Squiddy

Here Lies My Hopes And Dreams
Sep 4, 2019
Weed helps me through the dark times and makes me happy

• Hugs
Reactions: imagineit, Weeping Garbage Can, Circles and 1 other person
Fragile

Fragile

Broken
Jul 7, 2019
weed is extremely cheap where i live, in fact i think this is one of the cheapest in the world, but i don't have access to special strains, everything is strong sativa and the very rare hybrid strains if you are lucky or get the right contacts.

still i love using it, weed helped me to stop drinking heavily as i did before, it also helps me to sleep and remain calm most of the times, i would be an absolute mess if i didn't have access to it.

i like it in edibles or smoked in water pipe, but i really want to know how it feels like to vape it, i'll get a vaporizer some time soon if i have the chance.

funny enough, it actually gives me peace about my decision, my survival instinct drops when i'm using it.

• Hugs
Reactions: imagineit, Weeping Garbage Can and Circles
C

Circles

Visionary
Sep 3, 2018
Smoking weed is the only time when I can feel some small peace with myself and it makes any moment feels more lively, I can even laugh which I ever hardly do whenever I'm sober. I know smoking weed isn't some personality trait but at this point it might as well be since I smoke almost every day it's the only thing to compensate for the Anhedonia and how lifeless I feel. Now that I'm out of weed reality and everything comes crashing back down and I'm back at being my boring depressed self. You could say I'm addicted to it since I use it to run away from my problems and whether that's healthy or not quite frankly I don't give a fuck anymore.

• Hugs
Reactions: ImsooDone1N, imagineit and Weeping Garbage Can
Green Destiny

Green Destiny

Life isn't worth the trouble.
Nov 16, 2019
I took plenty during Highschool. After I graduated it sorta felt like a chore to smoke it everyday so I took a break and have't really done any since my Birthday in 2016. One other problem was when I got the paranoid thinking going it would turn my high into a very uncomfortable experience. I would like to start doing it again but I don't know if I can enjoy like I used to during my Highschool days given that I'm an adult with more responsibilities and stressors in my life I.E ways I can turn my high into a bad trip.

• Hugs
Reactions: Circles, imagineit and Weeping Garbage Can
Garbage Person

Garbage Person

Eating snowflakes with plastic forks
Jan 17, 2020
It has helped me through the last three months more than ever. Started smoking at 16 and continued regularly until 2017. As soon as my partner was confirmed pregnant, I dropped all substance habits just to be in a completely sober state with no added expenses until I could feel out what it's like to be a parent. Picked it back up after a year and a half. Currently just using flower, but have tried most forms of extracts and some edibles. It helps my appetite, doesn't necessarily take away suicidal thoughts but rather just applies the brakes a bit so to speak. Prefer sativa dominant strains most of the time. I'm grateful for it but also still wish to go back to using other substances for various reasons. Marijuana just doesn't have the drawbacks that come with stimulants and opiates. MDMA and various hallucinogens have also helped me in the past.

• Hugs
Reactions: Circles
Nem

Nem

Drs suck mega ass!
Sep 3, 2018
Weed kept the depression in check for years until I met my ex. My ex smoked but they didn't like the fact that I smoked as soon as I got home from work (ex was a sociopath/control freak extraordinare), two days after moving in together they demanded that we quit. I should've broken up right then but I was an idiot and became extremely depressed shortly afterwards. Told my ex that quitting weed has caused my depression to become severe and they just said bullshit I don't believe you.
I'm a full retard for staying in that relationship, that's why I'm on here..ruined my life.
peace/hugs

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: imagineit, Circles and Backwood_tilt
Jean4

Jean4

Remember. I am ALWAYS right.... until I’m not
Apr 28, 2019
I use medical marijuana. Recommend by my medical doctor and pulmonologist.

It is the only way I can function. I use it as part of my psych meds regimen.

I sometimes take huge amounts and become shaky the next day when I come down. Flower is not legal in my state, and I take capsules.

• Hugs
Reactions: imagineit and Circles
ScornedStoic

ScornedStoic

Fated
Jan 17, 2020
I can't overstate weed's role in my survival the last 3-4 years.

• Love
Reactions: imagineit, Circles and Backwood_tilt
passenger27

passenger27

In my beginning is my end.
Aug 25, 2019
Good weed calms me more than Xanax, Valium, Tranxene, Klonopin...any of them. I wish medical marijuana was legal in my part of the woods both my psychiatrist and me think I'd benefit from it. I don't even use it recreationally I only use it to calm my nerves and to help me sleep.

Reactions: imagineit and Circles
B

Backwood_tilt

UnEnlightened
Dec 27, 2019
I think it's helping me smoke less cigarettes even, which is nice. Especially since smoking lots of cigarettes can apparently interfere with the efficacy of the Exit Bag/Inert Gas method which i have planned.

Good weed calms me more than Xanax, Valium, Tranxene, Klonopin...any of them

Same for me.

Such a shame that so many people live in places where it's still illegal. I was lucky enough to grow up in a place where it wasn't de jure legal but was pretty much ignored by all cops and LE unless you were dealing in huge amounts.

Early coping mechanism for me. Can't live without it.

Reactions: imagineit, passenger27 and Circles
Aesthler

Aesthler

Death is the only God who comes when you call
Sep 25, 2018
I buy the vape pens for convenience. I get high before and after work, it helps with any physical pains and can help alleviate emotional stuff sometimes. I usually go for hybrids.

Reactions: imagineit
FrailPaleStaleMaleSS

FrailPaleStaleMaleSS

Hopeless addict druggicel
Oct 21, 2019
I just smoke the shit I grow tbh. Although give. It's been a 17 year habit. It doesn't really do much anymore. I'm much too lazy to decarboxylate and cook, or concentrate it 99% of the time though. So I rarely get fucked up off it

• Aww..
Reactions: ImsooDone1N and imagineit
LonelyHopelessDude

LonelyHopelessDude

Student
Dec 17, 2019
Unfortunately it's illegal where I live (France).
And for new smokers like me, it's pretty hard to find good weed at a good price near where I live if I don't really know anyone who sells it.

• Hugs
mathieu

mathieu

Enlightened
Jun 5, 2019
Weed gives me anxiety even sometimes panic attacks. Probably because that dissociated feeling is familiar to me from panic attacks so I think I'm having one and then I do. I used to be able to handle weed, when I was like 16.

• Hugs
Livingvsdying25

Livingvsdying25

Enlightened
Dec 8, 2019
Checking in stoner here ✌ I love weed. Gotten me through some hard ass time. It helps honestly always for me. When I'm in a dead space I dont smoke as much but I otetty much smoke every day.

Its debatable on how healthy it is for me and my consumption but personally ik.

I live in canada so it legal and that's nice I guess.

Would love to discuss this more and will probs add more later.

• Hugs
I

imagineit

Jan 1, 2020
I just smoke the shit I grow tbh. Although give. It's been a 17 year habit. It doesn't really do much anymore. I'm much too lazy to decarboxylate and cook, or concentrate it 99% of the time though. So I rarely get fucked up off it
I just tried rso for the first time the other day and wow. It doesn't actually look hard to make, and I think if I was growing I would have to try that. Pretty bummed to hear this, but this is also why I make an effort to dry out when I don't exactly need it.
Unfortunately it's illegal where I live (France).
And for new smokers like me, it's pretty hard to find good weed at a good price near where I live if I don't really know anyone who sells it.

The struggle. Maybe we can collectively will a hook up into your existence..

tenor.gif

Weed gives me anxiety even sometimes panic attacks. Probably because that dissociated feeling is familiar to me from panic attacks so I think I'm having one and then I do. I used to be able to handle weed, when I was like 16.
I know this feeling all too well, I am sorry.

Checking in stoner here ✌ I love weed. Gotten me through some hard ass time. It helps honestly always for me. When I'm in a dead space I dont smoke as much but I otetty much smoke every day.

Its debatable on how healthy it is for me and my consumption but personally ik.

I live in canada so it legal and that's nice I guess.

Would love to discuss this more and will probs add more later.
I think I can understand this, though you may be meaning something else. I do think there were times where I was smoking too much weed, spending too much time with my own thoughts, and it was not a productive exercise. I have always experienced anxiety and paranoia when high, but it got to a point that I could barely go outside or be around people. A weird time that permanently changed me, pretty sure this period of time I developed some sort of psychosis. But the break was going to happen one way or another, I think, so I do not blame the smoke.

FrailPaleStaleMaleSS

FrailPaleStaleMaleSS

Oct 21, 2019
I just tried rso for the first time the other day and wow. It doesn't actually look hard to make, and I think if I was growing I would have to try that. Pretty bummed to hear this, but this is also why I make an effort to dry out when I don't exactly need it.

The struggle. Maybe we can collectively will a hook up into your existence..

tenor.gif

I know this feeling all too well, I am sorry.

I think I can understand this, though you may be meaning something else. I do think there were times where I was smoking too much weed, spending too much time with my own thoughts, and it was not a productive exercise. I have always experienced anxiety and paranoia when high, but it got to a point that I could barely go outside or be around people. A weird time that permanently changed me, pretty sure this period of time I developed some sort of psychosis. But the break was going to happen one way or another, I think, so I do not blame the smoke.
The oil itself is t too hard to make. You just need a shit ton of good ventilation when you boil off the solvent otherwise youve got yourself an explosion waiting to happen

I

imagineit

Jan 1, 2020
The oil itself is t too hard to make. You just need a shit ton of good ventilation when you boil off the solvent otherwise youve got yourself an explosion waiting to happen

Yes sounds like there would be some precautions to take prior to lol

Reactions: Brick In The Wall
FrailPaleStaleMaleSS

FrailPaleStaleMaleSS

Oct 21, 2019
Yes sounds like there would be some precautions to take prior to lol
Without a doubt aha. The vapour that comes off it is flammable as fuck

dunkelheit

dunkelheit

Null | Void
Oct 26, 2018
Smoked it on occasion for about 3 years then smoked regularly for another 3.

I foolishly let it mess with my medications and ultimately fucked me up a few years ago. I feel so fucking low now though that I'm tempted to start smoking again. For every paranoid episode I had there was hours and hours of just pure serenity. Honestly, if it would relieve the suicidal feelings I've had for the last 2 years then I don't see a massive issue in it.

dunkelheit

dunkelheit

Null | Void
Oct 26, 2018
So I ended up smoking for the first in almost 30 months.

Pure bliss.. just so much anguish and suicidal intent erased in that high. It's relief I've wanted for so god damn long.

Reactions: GinaIsReady, ImsooDone1N and FrailPaleStaleMaleSS
Sadddd

Sadddd

How did I end up here
Jan 26, 2020
I will come back with my thoughts on the herb I LOVE so much, but wanted to ask if anyone has ever been tested for weed (urine).

I've been asked to take a test to prove I haven't been using in order to get psychiatric care on the NHS in the UK (I might have slightly lied and said my drastic reduction to 0.5g a week was actually haven't used in three weeks and only 5 times in the last 3 months)

I was caught off guard and said yes, any help with:
1. anyone been tested by the NHS? can i get away with bringing some in?
2. any help or thoughts on UK based detox methods that have work

thanks and will come back with replies more pertinent to the thread