Asiam

Asiam

Nov 22, 2022
"The Government of Alberta has accused the federal government of planning to "ban legal firearm ownership altogether" after the Liberals quietly introduced a surprise 11th hour amendment that would constitute the largest gun prohibition in Canadian legislative history...
Altogether, the amendments constitute a blanket ban on almost all types of Canadian semi-automatic firearms; basically, any gun configured to load a new round after each pull of the trigger."
I'm just citing a random article. If you want to know more look up Canada gun ban

Reactions: Luchs and It'sMyLife
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
I thought Canada already had a ban on most guns. Shows how much I know.

Asiam

Asiam

Nov 22, 2022
I thought Canada already had a ban on most guns. Shows how much I know.
They banned assault rifles and maybe more a few years ago. However, Canada is full of hunters that rely on hunting to survive. You need to get your pal certificate or licence or whatever to have a gun, but gun owners are about. There are millions here surprisingly. This new ban bans a lot of hunting guns. It's like an attack on Canadians. Our government has become effed lately. Totalitarian almost

Reactions: Disappointered
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
They banned assault rifles and maybe more a few years ago. However, Canada is full of hunters that rely on hunting to survive. You need to get your pal certificate or licence or whatever to have a gun, but gun owners are about. There are millions here surprisingly. This new ban bans a lot of hunting guns. It's like an attack on Canadians. Our government has become effed lately. Totalitarian almost
Yeah, I didn't think about the hunters. Although I totally disagree with the banning of any gun, the one thing I will say is that at least you don't seem to have the mass killings we do here in the states. I whole-heartedly believe that's a reflection more on the people than on the tool , or lack of the tool. Joe's calling for an assault weapons ban down here, too. Although I'm a big Biden supporter, I believe he and most Democrats are wrong in this approach. They need to go after the root cause of the problem, not the tool.

Maybe the legislation up in Canada won't go through. There have to be a lot of representatives from the areas where hunters are located.

Reactions: Hirokami and Disappointered
O

outatime_85

Warlock
May 17, 2022
I will preface this thought with the following: I am not a lawyer, and I am not that smart or intelligent, so take this with a hefty dose of skepticism; it is also a worst-case scenario.

In some countries, you might end up with something like this:

a prohibition on civilians owning or purchasing new semiautomatics after a certain date

Access to any next-generation semiautomatics would be limited to the military and law enforcement.

They may grandfather previously purchased autos, semi-autos, and any parts needed to maintain those firearms, but they may set a limit on how many of each they can keep in their collection: something like 4–6 are divided between autos, semi-autos, pistols, and rifles; the rest must be surrendered or sold back directly to the feds.

Any new high-capacity magazines with 15 rounds or more will be for military and law enforcement use only, while the sale, importation, and manufacture of new high-capacity magazines for civilian use are banned.

Any high-capacity magazines of 15 rounds or more that are currently owned may be grandfathered in but require a tax stamp or some type of registration mandate.

Thus, putting high-capacity mags in the same column as full autos, suppressors, etc.

That is, all magazines larger than a certain capacity would have to be registered with the federal government, surrendered, or sold directly back to the feds.

They could also mandate that all purchases be paid for with a bank-issued credit card (no cash, not even on the private market).

Also, requiring that a list of those types of purchases be kept separate and periodically turned over to the feds would allow further tracking of the amount of ammunition as well as how many weapons are being purchased.

After all that, one would be limited to what they already owned and what was in the public domain; the only current weapons that one would be able to purchase new are bows, revolvers, shotguns (maybe semi-auto depending on capacity), and bolt-action rifles.

Sorry if my thoughts on this are rambling, incoherent, or even wrong.

Last edited:
  • Informative
L

LonelyEmerald

Experienced
Nov 26, 2022
Yeah, I didn't think about the hunters. Although I totally disagree with the banning of any gun, the one thing I will say is that at least you don't seem to have the mass killings we do here in the states. I whole-heartedly believe that's a reflection more on the people than on the tool , or lack of the tool. Joe's calling for an assault weapons ban down here, too. Although I'm a big Biden supporter, I believe he and most Democrats are wrong in this approach. They need to go after the root cause of the problem, not the tool.

Maybe the legislation up in Canada won't go through. There have to be a lot of representatives from the areas where hunters are located.
I agree. There's countries with loose gun laws but no shootings. There's countries with tight gun laws with mass genocide.

B

Banshee

Student
Oct 25, 2021
It's wild how over night he can turn 1,000,000+ people into criminals. I have guns and know a lot of people with guns. Not one person I know will comply with the buyback and I already know of about 60 or more people that have already hide away their guns that became illegal from the last ban.

Justin Trudeau is the worst thing to has ever happened to Canada and he nexts to be voted out or we will see complete destruction of our country. He has completely failed to protect his own people and puts China and other foreigners above his own.

Reactions: Asiam and Disappointered
LonelyHopelessDude

LonelyHopelessDude

Student
Dec 17, 2019
Here in France they are encouraging that people give their weapons to the state.
They fear rebellion due to coming food and energy crisis

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
Here in France they are encouraging that people give their weapons to the state.
They fear rebellion due to coming food and energy crisis
My biggest reason for being a gun rights supporter is because of what may come down the road in the form of needed rebellion by the people should the government run amok, or more amok, as the case may be. Giving up those types of guns is going to make it so much harder to defend against a tyrannical government. It can happen in any country including the US. I'll be long gone by then, but the people still here then when/if that happens need to have their rights supported now so that they stand a chance of taking back their country, should conditions warrant.

• Love
Reactions: LonelyHopelessDude and Disappointered
Asiam

Asiam

Nov 22, 2022
It's wild how over night he can turn 1,000,000+ people into criminals. I have guns and know a lot of people with guns. Not one person I know will comply with the buyback and I already know of about 60 or more people that have already hide away their guns that became illegal from the last ban.

Justin Trudeau is the worst thing to has ever happened to Canada and he nexts to be voted out or we will see complete destruction of our country. He has completely failed to protect his own people and puts China and other foreigners above his own.
Totally!!! Also why are we letting in like tens of thousands of immigrants who aren't refugees when we have a severe housing shortage?? Vancouver literally can't hold those who already live here. I'm done with Canada. The housing prices are pushing my desire to sewerslide as one of the main issues. I can't afford to go to college because I can barely afford rent as it is. How the heck would a parent less child make it in a housing atmosphere like this? How would they have a chance to go to school? It feels like in Canada, your future is now dependent on your parents. I hate Trudeau.

• Love
Reactions: LonelyHopelessDude