K

KafkaF

Taking a break from the website.
Nov 18, 2023
If I manage to find a source for SN, I would like to use that to CTB. However, I'd like to order it and then be able to use it when I feel ready rather than right away. I don't like the idea of setting a specific date up front. So, basically, I was wondering: Is it possible to store SN safely for potentially longer periods of time like months?

I've tried looking it up and it says things like keep it in a closed container, dry, well-ventilated and away from combustable materials. But I'm not sure exactly what the risk is here. I don't really HAVE a well-ventilated place where I can keep it so then it makes me wonder if it's a good idea for me to buy it up front.

Anyone know exactly what the risks are here?

day

day

Global Mod
Jun 24, 2023
Well ventilated just means low humidity and not too hot. If your bedroom is cool enough you could keep in under your bed with it in the packaging it arrived in.

Reactions: Deleted member 65988
D

Deleted member 65988

Yes, you can store sn for potentially months in advance of whenever you choose to ctb. Just keep your sn away from high humidity and air with a high level of humidity, it's really not difficult at all to keep since it can be stored for a long time without being used in a lab setting but that's not we're worried about here. The Safety Sheet that you may receive when you purchase sn will detail moisture as a condition to avoid. As for the combustible materials, it usually means sources of heat or ignition so just keep sn away from that and you'll be fine