Ardesevent

Ardesevent

It’s the end of the line, cowboy
Feb 2, 2020
I've forgotten what made me happy before. I remember being happy, but can't remember how or why I felt that way. Most of the memories where I remember being happy I can barely recall anything from anymore, since they were all in my early childhood.
Is it the same way for all of you too?

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Deleted member 4993, Deleted member 17331 and AnotherBrick
Alec

Alec

Wizard
Apr 22, 2019
I was never happy, not a day in my life. I was terrified and lived in pure fear all my life. But I know maybe people are in the same situation as you. They remember being happy in the early childhood, but memories start to fade away for them.

• Hugs
  • Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: Ἡγησίας, Deleted member 4993, lex and 1 other person
AnotherBrick

AnotherBrick

Jun 25, 2020
Surprisingly, I was the closest to content (not happy per se) last month than I'd been in a decade. I thought my medicine was finally starting to actually do something. I've tried at least 7 different anti depressants and even some low dosed antipsychotics. I had given up hope of any of them working until those few weeks.

But I guess it was just another one of life's jokes. Not only did it end, I've been deteriorating into some of my worst depressions and breakdowns yet. My psychiatrist just added a second ssri to take on top of my current one and the GP I went to for a second opinion agrees.

It hasn't done shit, of course.

Outside of that outlier, no. I can't remember the last time I was happy or content.

Last edited:
  • Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Ἡγησίας, Deleted member 4993 and Deleted member 17331
Wayfaerer

Wayfaerer

JFMSUF
Aug 21, 2019
Yes, 2 years ago. It lasted 2 weeks. The next 2 months were happyish with moderate despair and the rest from that point on is where I am now.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: Deleted member 4993, Deleted member 17331 and AnotherBrick
BorderlineSuicidal

BorderlineSuicidal

Let death bless me with you
Aug 30, 2020
Wait. You guys used to be happy?

Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
Can't remember when I was truly happy but I do get a little happy when I buy something new. I'm a pretty materialistic person. But the happiness doesn't last long, usually just a couple minutes. Not that I'm not happy anymore that I got something I wanted but I just..can't. Idk, I just can't be truly happy. My body my mind everything is depressed and dead

• Hugs
Reactions: Ἡγησίας, Deleted member 4993, Deleted member 17331 and 1 other person
Nutmeg

Nutmeg

Maybe I ate all the marshmallows, maybe I didn't.
Aug 16, 2020
People think that laughing is a sign of happiness, but I think that's not always true. I laughed alot because I like to laugh even during hard times but I have never been happy.
In my opinion, being happy means being confortable and safe. I've never felt confortable or safe.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 4993, Meditation guide and Deleted member 17331
AlreadyGone

AlreadyGone

Taking it day by day
Jan 11, 2020
Prior to last year. Haven't been happy ever since.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Deleted member 4993 and Deleted member 17331
F

fat feet

Throw away.
Sep 1, 2020
I've forgotten what made me happy before. I remember being happy, but can't remember how or why I felt that way. Most of the memories where I remember being happy I can barely recall anything from anymore, since they were all in my early childhood.
Is it the same way for all of you too?

I remember going on a plane and being terrified because it was the first time in my life I did not want to die. I was happy for a good 13 years, some ups and downs and now I am back to not giving a shit. (sad face here)
My childhood was very unhappy. I remember being the only young child that listened to all of the sad songs and related to them. My mother, I realized when I was older did not treat me as I was one of her favoured children. So I kept my head down and tired not to exist.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 4993 and Deleted member 17331
almost_dead

almost_dead

Arcanist
Aug 7, 2020
years baby :kiss:

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 4993, fat feet and Deleted member 17331
Deleted member 17331

Deleted member 17331

The swan sang with a broken neck
Apr 21, 2020
Yes, I remembered that today. But it doesn't make sense.

It doesn't make sense that happy memories are so painful now...

• Hugs
Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, Deleted member 4993, Meditation guide and 1 other person
minkymomo

minkymomo

questioning
Aug 3, 2020
the last time i played a game with my ex and fell asleep cuddled in his arms while he told me he loves me
yea he left me the next day and said he didnt love me

• Hugs
Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, fat feet and Deleted member 4993
Deafsn0w

Deafsn0w

I will buy you a dog if you like my posts
Sep 4, 2018
I was happy when I was 5 and younger. I was carefree and didn't worry about things like responsibilities. Adult responsibilities suck lol

• Hugs
Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can and Deleted member 4993
G

Gentleman

For ethics, there is only suffering and its cure.
Sep 10, 2020
Today. And yet...

• Hugs
Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can and Deleted member 4993