T

Thatdude

Life is temporary, death is permanent
Sep 26, 2019
So I've been wanting to do the exit bag method for a long while, but the setup is a nightmare. A few months back I came across the night night method, and that seems like a great way to go if it works. Like I'm not a medical person, but based on what is presented. I think it would work. However, I can't find a single point at which someone off themselves using this method. Has anyone died with the night night method?

Reactions: lemmeeleev
T

toomuchtimetodie

"to be overly conscious is a sickness"
Mar 13, 2020
You can die from a coconut.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: SSlostallhope, Joey, lemmeeleev and 3 others
T

Thatdude

Life is temporary, death is permanent
Sep 26, 2019
You can die from a coconut.
I didn't ask about someone dying from a coconut. I'm being serious. If it turns out no one has died from this method, then instead of doing a setup for that. Then I will go for the exit bag.

Last edited:
Reactions: TVtrays, Moby and lemmeeleev
Enterthevoid

Enterthevoid

Recovery Fatigued
May 3, 2020
I believe there was a fellow on here who successfully ctb using this method a few weeks before I started browsing this forum not this past winter, but the winter before. But it's been a while and I never got to know him personally so could be misremembering.

Reactions: lemmeeleev
Suez

Suez

Experienced
Feb 27, 2020
I didn't ask about someone dying from a coconut. I'm being serious. If it turns out no one has died from this method, then instead of doing a setup for that. Then I will go for the exit bag.
There is nothing childs play about this method even though there may not be alot written about it or little information about deaths related to this particular method. But the science behind it is very robust.

Brain at risk: The carotid circulation
illustration showing brain and carotid arteries

Your carotid arteries are the major blood vessels that deliver blood to your brain. One carotid artery is located on each side of your neck. So when a doctor puts their hands on your neck to detect a pulse, they're actually feeling one of your carotid arteries.
Carotid artery disease occurs when a blockage in one or both of these arteries decreases the amount of blood flow (and blood of course carries oxygen) to your brain. This can lead to a stroke. In the Night Night method, the idea is to totally occlude both internal carotid arteries from delivering blood to the brain. This is done by correct placement of two cushions, one over each of the internal carotid arteries and then tape and a ratchet to ensure that the cushions remain in place over the carotids. Apparently it is only a matter of about 30 seconds of complete restriction of carotid blood flow (and oxygen) to the brain before you lose complete consciousness and not long there after death. This method while it sounds unusual, is "medically" the perfect way to simulate a carotid occlusion or stroke. I would not be too concerned that there has not been too many reported suicides using this method. I think this is still a method that not many people are aware of and those that do know about it are wary of it because they dont undertand it or how it works or how effective it would be. I am a MD so I understand how physiology would play out in this kind of scenario and I would have no issue in using this as a CTB myself. I also think that this would probably be a very peacefull way to go and also very quick. I had never heard of this method until recently. I have already decided on my method of CTB but if it does not come to fruition, this is one method that I will be coming back to look at most certainly. I know that alot of people are interested in SN but for me, this is less fuss, cleaner and somehow feels more peacefull.

• Love
Reactions: cyberlordsumit, Wolfjob_dayjob, MaybeSoon and 2 others
autumnal

autumnal

Enlightened
Feb 4, 2020
So I've been wanting to do the exit bag method for a long while, but the setup is a nightmare. A few months back I came across the night night method, and that seems like a great way to go if it works. Like I'm not a medical person, but based on what is presented. I think it would work. However, I can't find a single point at which someone off themselves using this method. Has anyone died with the night night method?

The Night-Night Method seems like it should definitely work in theory, but technique and individual differences in anatomy seem to mean a lot of people here (including me) have difficulty doing it successfully.

Suez

Suez

Experienced
Feb 27, 2020
The Night-Night Method seems like it should definitely work in theory, but technique and individual differences in anatomy seem to mean a lot of people here (including me) have difficulty doing it successfully.
Thats such a shame. Can you tell me what you found difficult?

Didymus

Didymus

Clutching at invisible straws
Dec 11, 2018
Thats such a shame. Can you tell me what you found difficult?

I tried this method using a ratchet, but my problem is my neck is fat and thick. I could not find the proper things to put enough pressure on my carotid arteries.
There was a person @BurningLights who posted a lot about this method. He is confirmed ctb, but do not know if it was this or another method he finally used.
He posted images about his 'rig' or setup but they are either expired or removed.

So, I think this method could work if you find the right materials that can put enough pressure at the right spots for your carotid arteries and keep it there while you tighten the ratchet.

Suez

Suez

Experienced
Feb 27, 2020
I tried this method using a ratchet, but my problem is my neck is fat and thick. I could not find the proper things to put enough pressure on my carotid arteries.
There was a person @BurningLights who posted a lot about this method. He is confirmed ctb, but do not know if it was this or another method he finally used.
He posted images about his 'rig' or setup but they are either expired or removed.

So, I think this method could work if you find the right materials that can put enough pressure at the right spots for your carotid arteries and keep it there while you tighten the ratchet.
Ok, Yeh I can see why there could be some problems. What a shame. Its a great method. Theres some really good pluses to it over some of the other methods out there.

Konolomn

Konolomn

Do not sign me up for 2021
Jul 19, 2020
Would the chance of ending up as a vegetable is higher for this method if the cortid artery isn't fully blocked?