BipolarGuy

BipolarGuy

Enlightened
Aug 6, 2020
Answers to this question will no doubt be more philosophical than scientific, but will you know if it works?

Reactions: idek0306
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
Answers to this question will no doubt be more philosophical than scientific, but will you know if it works?
Actually you probably will have no memory of anything and find yourself in a new strange environment. It's like when your hard drive dies. Everything stored on it is lost.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Zhontafly
A

alexit

Mage
Jun 3, 2020
Absent religion, I think this is a simple question to answer. If the question, will you know that you have died?, then no, you won't. That would require knowledge after the fact. After the fact, there would be no way to know. You could know you are in the process of dying. You might be even be convinced you will die, but there will be no way to know you have died.

Reactions: DFFP
Zhontafly

Zhontafly

Student
Jul 16, 2020
If by this you mean that we would remember somethings after death then I'd say no. When the brain dies there goes all memory with it. No brainer! :D

Reactions: GoodPersonEffed
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
If by this you mean that we would remember somethings after death then I'd say no. When the brain dies there goes all memory with it.
Hey why didn't I think of that? Oh wait....

A

alexit

Mage
Jun 3, 2020
I guess the benefit of a terminal illness is that you might have a larger body of evidence that you are near death. Of course, we all know we will die, so we do all know we will have died at some point. Death is certain. Knowledge of it depends on religion.

Shinkansen

Shinkansen

life is pain
Jul 14, 2020
I think so, an instant before dying, the brain knows it's over.

Reactions: Soul
Ksab

Ksab

Sorcerer
Dec 4, 2019
Actually you probably will have no memory of anything and find yourself in a new strange environment.
Now that you mention it, I feel it's true as well, because the same happened with me in my previous attempt where I had almost died, I woke up in the hospital with no recollection of memory of doing it at all.

Reactions: Meditation guide
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
I think so, an instant before dying, the brain knows it's over.
This is correct. The brain releases a massive amount of feel good chemicals to ease the pain of death. This is also atleast in part what can cause OBEs and NDEs.

• Love
Reactions: voyager and Soul
lostangel

lostangel

Enlightened
Mar 22, 2019
if nothing is after life then you won't know but if there is an afterlife you will know.

TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
If you mean that whether I would know if I have succeeded in my attempt, well the answer would be that if I have succeeded, then I would have no perception of conscious or life afterwards unless I wake up again whether in the ER, ICU, psych ward, etc. However, with my method, when my time comes, I am very confident that I will succeed since I know how it works, I've done my research, and practiced, etc. Barring any afterlife or what is on the 'other side', my belief is that there is nothing but just void (similar to what one was before one was born).