Mm80

Mm80

Enlightened
May 15, 2019
I cant explain the science as to why not, but my guess is i wouldnt have thought so. I see your thinking with it being a salt.

Reactions: ERASED
NoneMoreNegative

NoneMoreNegative

Aug 27, 2020
Do you mean potassium chloride?

If yes, the lethal dose for the oral route is 2,5g/kg, pretty high.
Intravenously, however, the lethal dosage ranges from 57.2 mg/kg to 66.7 mg/kg.
Potassium chloride can induce cardiac arrest, that's why it is used in lethal injections by the US government in combination with pancuronium bromide (to paralyze the muscles) and Midazolam/a barbiturate (to cause uncosciousness).

However, i doubt potassium chloride alone could provide a painless exit.

Reactions: ERASED
T

TimeToBiteTheDust

Visionary
Nov 7, 2019
How many bananas do I have to eat?

Reactions: mahakaliSS_MahaDurga, Red, Sunset764 and 7 others
Deleted member 19654

Deleted member 19654

Working towards recovery.
Jul 9, 2020
Lol aren't bananas slightly radioactive? Suicide by radiation poisoning from eating too many bananas is an interesting way to go.

Correct me if I'm wrong but SN kills you by depriving your body/cells of oxygen and potassium chloride affects your heart and you end up going into cardiac arrest.

Reactions: ERASED and Girobatol
Mm80

Mm80

Enlightened
May 15, 2019
Lol aren't bananas slightly radioactive? Suicide by radiation poisoning from eating too many bananas is an interesting way to go.

Correct me if I'm wrong but SN kills you by depriving your body/cells of oxygen and potassium chloride affects your heart and you end up going into cardiac arrest.
I think sn works something like that. But if you read the latest threads sn kills you in the following way...
You vocal cords disintegrate firstly so you cant call for help. Then one of your arms fall off, usually your right one if your male. Your body then cant use the oxygen as the air you breathe escapes from the hole left from the missing arm. At this point si kicks in and you die while trying to reattach your lost limb as you run out of time. Not a nice experience by all accounts.

Reactions: mahakaliSS_MahaDurga, CarbonMonoxide and Deleted member 19654
Cherrypea

Cherrypea

I remember when all this will be again
May 3, 2020
When I started nursing, potassium chloride was in 10ml glass ampoules, very similar to saline ampoules. We often had to add it to bags of fluid. However getting it mixed up with a saline ampoule and using it to flush a cannula could result in the patient dying of cardiac arrest. This is why it is now pre added to the bags of fluid and no longer comes in ampules! It can be surprising hard to kill yourself but surprisingly easy to kill someone else....

• Wow
Reactions: Lost in a Dream, NoneMoreNegative and Deleted member 19654
Deleted member 19654

Deleted member 19654

Working towards recovery.
Jul 9, 2020
When I started nursing, potassium chloride was in 10ml glass ampoules, very similar to saline ampoules. We often had to add it to bags of fluid. However getting it mixed up with a saline ampoule and using it to flush a cannula could result in the patient dying of cardiac arrest. This is why it is now pre added to the bags of fluid and no longer comes in ampules! It can be surprising hard to kill yourself but surprisingly easy to kill someone else....
Kinda scary how you could end up killing someone you're supposed to make better with a mistake like that. Although I imagine if they're in the hospital, their body is already weakened by whatever condition they're suffering from.

E

ERASED

Student
May 17, 2020
Laughed at at of these and thanks to the others for help.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: _Minsk, Deleted member 19654, Lost in a Dream and 3 others