@siniy_cat

@siniy_cat

Nov 19, 2023
I live in Germany and ordered SN a couple days ago. I assume it will arrive a week or two after new year, since I ordered it from poland and it will have to go through customs.
There is a similar thread by me already from a couple days ago, but I guess I am panicking and I am really really deeply afraid of going to jail...
Canceling the order isn't an option (I wouldn't know how to do it anyway, because the webiste is polish and I have problems navigating it), but I also am constantly anxious, thinking about going to jail for this.
Maybe the likelihood of me going to jail is really low and I am overreacting or paranoid. They would find my transactions and maybe this account and therefore would have enough evidence.
I guess I don't even really know what I am asking. I just don't want to go to jail...

• Hugs
Reactions: Forever Sleep, Kit1, PAš–Øš‘ and 1 other person
Suicidebydeath

Suicidebydeath

No chances to be happy - dead inside
Nov 25, 2021
As long as it's not illegal (it's legal in EU, etc), and you don't use it for anything illegal, I don't see why you would. Germany isn't a corrupt country, as far as I know it's in the top 10-20 least corrupt, so I don't think there's anything to worry about.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kit1 and @siniy_cat
@siniy_cat

@siniy_cat

Nov 19, 2023
As long as it's not illegal (it's legal in EU, etc), and you don't use it for anything illegal, I don't see why you would. Germany isn't a corrupt country, as far as I know it's in the top 10-20 least corrupt, so I don't think there's anything to worry about.
From what I have read on the internet, it is in fact illegal here if you don't have an "EndverbleibserklƤrung", which is some kind of permit you can only get if you need SN for work or smth.
I really hope you are right though and thanks for answering. I'm really scared..

• Hugs
Reactions: Kit1
Suicidebydeath

Suicidebydeath

Nov 25, 2021
Then I am not sure. It's banned as a food preservative in Germany due to links to cancer and diabetes. Sometimes it's prohibited to possess a large quantity of a substance. So whether you're allowed to own a small quantity I do not know.

People probably need an "EndverbleibserklƤrung" for SN to prove that they don't intend to use it as a food preservative there, although google says it is for international transfers, so does that mean that there is a problem importing or exporting SN?

I'm not sure what excuse you could provide for possessing it (it has some use in industrial dyes and photography). Is it allowed in cured meats there at all, or not at all anymore?

Last edited:
Reactions: Kit1 and @siniy_cat
@siniy_cat

@siniy_cat

Nov 19, 2023
although google says it is for international transfers, so does that mean that there is a problem importing or exporting SN?

I'm not sure what excuse you could provide for possessing it. Is it allowed in cured meats there at all, or not at all anymore?
Yeah I read that transfering it, respectively bring SN into the country would also be illegal, though I guess that sounds less plausible if it's allowed to be allowed under certain circumstances.

As far as I know, it is allowed to use and even buy in really low purity (only up to 0,5%)

Reactions: Kit1
Suicidebydeath

Suicidebydeath

Nov 25, 2021
You'll probably be okay, since it's not like ordering generally illicit recreational drugs. As long as the SN is for you and nobody else. At worst you'll probably get a welfare check and SN confiscated.

Reactions: @siniy_cat and Kit1
N

nessun_nome

Student
May 7, 2023
I live in Germany and ordered SN a couple days ago. I assume it will arrive a week or two after new year, since I ordered it from poland and it will have to go through customs.
There is a similar thread by me already from a couple days ago, but I guess I am panicking and I am really really deeply afraid of going to jail...
Canceling the order isn't an option (I wouldn't know how to do it anyway, because the webiste is polish and I have problems navigating it), but I also am constantly anxious, thinking about going to jail for this.
Maybe the likelihood of me going to jail is really low and I am overreacting or paranoid. They would find my transactions and maybe this account and therefore would have enough evidence.
I guess I don't even really know what I am asking. I just don't want to go to jail...

That's surely something that Google can help with. In the UK, it isn't illegal to own it but it's illegal to supply it to somebody without the correct license.

Reactions: @siniy_cat and Kit1
K

Kit1

Enlightened
Oct 24, 2023
You'll probably be okay, since it's not like ordering generally illicit recreational drugs. As long as the SN is for you and nobody else. At worst you'll probably get a welfare check and SN confiscated.
I agree with you - this is the most likely outcome. Either it will lead to a welfare check or to getting you to a hospital to see a psychiatrist. Definitely not a jail - not in Germany anyway.

Reactions: @siniy_cat
@siniy_cat

@siniy_cat

Nov 19, 2023
CCYeah I read that transfering it, respectively bring SN into the country would also be illegal, though I guess that sounds less plausible if it's allowed to be allowed under certain circumstances.

As far as I know, it is allowed to use and even buy in really low purity (only up to 0,5%)
transferring*

Last edited: