Burden_Bailey

Burden_Bailey

A lonely lesbian
Dec 9, 2023
There is a girl I get butterflies around. She is even more special to me than my other crushes. I think she is very cute and pretty. But, unlike crushes I've had before, I don't have the desire to kiss her. I do have the desire to be physically and emotionally close. To snuggle and talk to each other. To watch movies and anime together. But that's just like being best friends. I'm so confused. Am I in love? Do I just like her as a friend? Or is there a possibility to platonically fall in love? I've been thinking that it might be queerplatonic, but I'm not sure in the slightest. Any ideas? I'd greatly appreciate help with this.

Also, I don't feel sexual feelings for her, but I don't feel sexual feelings for anyone. I'm asexual.

• Hugs
  • Yay!
Reactions: LoiteringClouds, Sylveon, Suicidebydeath and 2 others
nux_walpurgis

nux_walpurgis

Me, my whispers and a broken God
Oct 18, 2023
I feel the smae way about a very close friend of mine. I feel like we are very close spiritually/mentally, but I don't see him sexually.

But just like you, I feel like I am leaning towards asexuality, and I can't imagine myself being sexual with anyone.

For me, personally, (since I am not sexaully attracted to people in general) this is love. I feel like could spend my life with him.

But that's just me

• Love
Reactions: LoiteringClouds, Sylveon and Burden_Bailey
Burden_Bailey

Burden_Bailey

A lonely lesbian
Dec 9, 2023
I feel the smae way about a very close friend of mine. I feel like we are very close spiritually/mentally, but I don't see him sexually.

But just like you, I feel like I am leaning towards asexuality, and I can't imagine myself being sexual with anyone.

For me, personally, (since I am not sexaully attracted to people in general) this is love. I feel like could spend my life with him.

But that's just me
Thank you for sharing your experiences! This helps!

Last edited:
AInilam

AInilam

Student
Dec 17, 2023
Could just mean that you're asexual/aromantic, nothin' wrong with that.

Reactions: Sylveon
B

boddibo

trying to change
Dec 19, 2023
You might be on the aromantic/asexual spectrum which is super valid!

Reactions: Sylveon
Suicidebydeath

Suicidebydeath

No chances to be happy - dead inside
Nov 25, 2021
Yes, I don't see why not!

Reactions: Sylveon and Burden_Bailey
B

boddibo

trying to change
Dec 19, 2023
This one is similar, but different.

Well, I see you've mentioned queerplatonic relationships, might be it to be honest! If you know this is similar with something different, maybe it's still what it is, a crush. Maybe deeper feelings would develop in the future.

• Love
Reactions: Burden_Bailey