overdosechan

overdosechan

(⁠ᗒ⁠ᗩ⁠ᗕ⁠)
Sep 23, 2024
So like for this while all I could find were antidepressants, I also can't really afford any other pills (if y'all know some which are easy to get etc. please let me know) and I've been wondering can you overdose antidepressants? If yes how much do you have to take them?

• Aww..
Reactions: whywere
astr4

astr4

memento mori
Mar 27, 2019
did you mean tricyclic antidepressants? if so, i believe they have a lower lethal dosage than SSRIs or other modern antidepressants, but the likelihood of success is still fairly low.

Reactions: Plato'sCaveDweller
opheliaoveragain

opheliaoveragain

Eating Disordered Junkie
Jun 2, 2024
short answer, no.

W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
Simple answer is yes, as one can od on darn near anything, HOWEVER there is serotonin syndrome also.

One time I goofed up and took too much Celexa and HOLY CRAP when it all kicked in, way to the er I went. Besides feeling like one is going to die over and over again, the sweats and everything. YUCK!

My brain was a mess for days and I would NEVER EVER wish serotonin syndrome on anyone ever, pure hell.

Stay safe and informed, hugs and love to you.

Walter

Reactions: overdosechan
opheliaoveragain

opheliaoveragain

Eating Disordered Junkie
Jun 2, 2024
Please read the first post in this thread, particularly the part about OD's

orpheus_

orpheus_

Apr 26, 2024
Depends on the drug class, because there are a few types of antidepressants.

When it comes to SSRIs (the most common class), fatal overdose is technically possible but happens rarely. Basically even if you take a huge dose there's still a big chance you will survive, just feel very sick. Google serotonin syndrome. That's what can happen to you. Though most of the time it will not lead to death, just a long time of worse torture.

For other drug classes, I haven't researched it much but as far as I know the answer is similar. Tricyclics can be more fatal, in general, but still quite unlikely to cause death.

Short anwer: you would have to be extremely lucky to fatally overdose on antidepressants, and even if you did, you would probably die living throguh a horror. Not really worth it.

• Hugs
Reactions: whywere and opheliaoveragain
maniac116

maniac116

My own worst enemy🌹💔
Aug 10, 2024
As already stated, ssri, snri & "atypical" antidepressants aren't effective.
Tricyclic ae meds are effective if dosage is sufficient.
In general, drugs have a low rate of effectiveness (less than 15%) in CTB.
Whatever your choices I truly hope you find a place of peace & love🌹💔