• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

finalyear2023

finalyear2023

tired
Apr 30, 2023
Please help, a local company has sodium nitrate. Can I turn this into nitrite at home?

• Hugs
Reactions: CTB Dream
CTB Dream

CTB Dream

Disabled. Hard talk, don't argue, make fun, etc
Sep 17, 2022
Think posbl but no ease ,als no purty prblm als prbl lead poison but think almn work

• Hugs
Reactions: finalyear2023
Dying science gal

Dying science gal

Dying science gal
Apr 27, 2023
Yes. I've just bought sodium nitrate and will be making it into sodium nitrite, and write a guide on it (Coming out within the next 10 days). Here's the plan if you want to try:

Materials
Sodium Nitrate
Aluminium

Method
1. Heat up sodium nitrate and some aluminium (<300C, or the sodium nitrite would instantly decompose)
2. Wait until all the aluminium oxidizes to become aluminium oxide
3. Add more aluminium if all of it oxidizes. Repeat until the aluminium no longer oxidizes. (Takes possibly 1hr)
3.5 Cool it down
4. Add purified water (distilled)
5. Stir and dissolve the powders
6. Use some sort of filter paper (coffee filter paper is good enough generally)
7. Let the water evaporate. DO NOT use heat over 300C!
8. Repeat step one to seven as many times as you need, until newly added aluminium to just the powder no longer oxidizes
9. Dissolve and filter once or twice more
10. Done! In theory, you should now have sodium nitrite! I would test it before using it though.

If you can't do this method, let me know. I have some more that you can try.

• Informative
Reactions: LittleBlackCat and finalyear2023
finalyear2023

finalyear2023

tired
Apr 30, 2023
Yes. I've just bought sodium nitrate and will be making it into sodium nitrite, and write a guide on it (Coming out within the next 10 days). Here's the plan if you want to try:

Materials
Sodium Nitrate
Aluminium

Method
1. Heat up sodium nitrate and some aluminium (<300C, or the sodium nitrite would instantly decompose)
2. Wait until all the aluminium oxidizes to become aluminium oxide
3. Add more aluminium if all of it oxidizes. Repeat until the aluminium no longer oxidizes. (Takes possibly 1hr)
3.5 Cool it down
4. Add purified water (distilled)
5. Stir and dissolve the powders
6. Use some sort of filter paper (coffee filter paper is good enough generally)
7. Let the water evaporate. DO NOT use heat over 300C!
8. Repeat step one to seven as many times as you need, until newly added aluminium to just the powder no longer oxidizes
9. Dissolve and filter once or twice more
10. Done! In theory, you should now have sodium nitrite! I would test it before using it though.

If you can't do this method, let me know. I have some more that you can try.
Thank you, not sure if I will be able to do above method tho so any other help would be appreciated

Dying science gal

Dying science gal

Dying science gal
Apr 27, 2023
Thank you, not sure if I will be able to do above method tho so any other help would be appreciated
Well all you need is some coffee paper, aluminium (foil works), a stovetop you use for cooking, and a thermometer.

Reactions: finalyear2023