H

Hoid

Nov 1, 2018
Sometimes I feel like the only way to live morally in a world this messed up is to choose not to partake of it. Sure, I could try to make it a better place but anything that I attempt is most likely going to make a infinitesimal difference in the end. And even if spend what free time I have engaging in activism, it seems like I'm still bound to be just a cog in a consumerist machine that is destroying our planet and exploiting people all over the world. I think part of this is maybe just a narcissistic rationalization to inject a sense of righteousness into doing what I already want to do in the first place, but I still wonder. Thoughts?

Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, Redt2go and throwaway777
ShadowOfTheDay

ShadowOfTheDay

Hungry Ghost
Feb 14, 2019
I can definitely understand your perspective. I want nothing to do with this life for it's own sake. However dillegent and environmentally conscious you are, you will still leave a "carbon footprint" which would not have existed if you had chosen to die several years ago. So, if you're not enjoying life, you're not doing the world a great service by sticking around. Only thing holding me back is cowardice, I'm ashamed to say.

Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, Redt2go, told.you.so and 1 other person