SuicidalOrganism

SuicidalOrganism

Experienced
May 31, 2023
When I open or accept a private conversation from someone, there is a "Report" button on bottom left of the user message box. Why though? Does this imply that our private conversations can be accessed and monitored by staff members?

Ueh83h3e

Reactions: Praestat_Mori and derpyderpins
derpyderpins

derpyderpins

Normie Life Mogs
Sep 19, 2023
Yes . . . so . . . I mean, I personally haven't had any issues with mods, but I don't like not being sure who has seen what I've confided in people.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Afaik, mods cannot see your private conversations unless you report certain posts (e.g. you want to report someone who harassed you).

However, there's a technical thing: Everything is stored on a server and the admin probably has access to everything that ever has been posted on here unless private messages would be locally encrypted with an unknown key. Someone with better tech knowledge may correct me please, or explain it in detail so it can be easily understood.

Last edited:
Reactions: GuessWhosBack and cowboypants
C

ClamChowder

Global Mod
Apr 4, 2023

Can mods or admins read my PMs?
Staff cannot read your PMs unless someone reports a message that is from you, in which case we will be able to see the reported message.

The rules still apply in private conversations. If someone feels harassed for example they can report the message. Screenshots can be manipulated unlike a reported message.

• Informative
Reactions: Heartaches, Placo, SoulWhisperer and 4 others
SuicidalOrganism

SuicidalOrganism

Experienced
May 31, 2023

Can mods or admins read my PMs?
Staff cannot read your PMs unless someone reports a message that is from you, in which case we will be able to see the reported message.

The rules still apply in private conversations. If someone feels harassed for example they can report the message. Screenshots can be manipulated unlike a reported message.
I see, thanks for the clarification. Must've missed that part when I was reading the rules

derpyderpins

derpyderpins

Normie Life Mogs
Sep 19, 2023
I see, thanks for the clarification. Must've missed that part when I was reading the rules

Just remember this is a website of people dealing with mental health problems. afaik if someone decides to report you for something - legit or not - the mods will look through everything you've exchanged with that person, or at the very least you will be in the dark about what is examined and by whom.

Reactions: GuessWhosBack
DefinitelyReady

DefinitelyReady

*perpetually annoyed*
Mar 14, 2024
Yep, I wouldn't count on privacyšŸ˜„