U

Umua

Apr 4, 2024
https://archive.ashspace.org/ash.xanthia.com/suspension.html?

I'm confused by the metal ring part. If someone who understands it could maybe draw it make it in real life or just explain it in a simple manner it would be helpful. The snippet says:
"The metal ring. This is something you probably won't hear about anywhere else. This little gem will make hanging myself a lot more lethal, if done right. Make 2 loops around the ring. Then move the loops to opposite ends. You will notice a piece of slack, make that piece of slack face so that it will not come into contact with the neck, when the rope is applied. This does 2 great things. It takes pressure off the trachea (more later), and it increases pressure on the area you need pressure on, the sides of the neck. You aren't going to need an exact measurement. But, from what I know, a little bigger than your trachea is better than a little smaller. (I could be wrong, I'm not completely sure on this) If you're really in a bind, there is no foreseeable reason why a ring from your shower curtain shouldn't work. Note 2 things if you do use a ring. The type of rope is

important. Hard, stiff rope + ring = painful death, or no death at all. Use a soft rope, and lubricate it

liberally with a bar of soap. The other thing to consider is that you will be creating very high tension with the addition of the ring. So make damn sure the rope can support more than your weight (more later). One more thing, the ring should NOT be used for strangulation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

E

emma99

Student
Jul 31, 2024
Sorry, I'm more confused after clicking the link than i was just reading your post

Evelyn Lane

Evelyn Lane

Hanging Expert
Aug 2, 2024
https://archive.ashspace.org/ash.xanthia.com/suspension.html?

I'm confused by the metal ring part. If someone who understands it could maybe draw it make it in real life or just explain it in a simple manner it would be helpful. The snippet says:
"The metal ring. This is something you probably won't hear about anywhere else. This little gem will make hanging myself a lot more lethal, if done right. Make 2 loops around the ring. Then move the loops to opposite ends. You will notice a piece of slack, make that piece of slack face so that it will not come into contact with the neck, when the rope is applied. This does 2 great things. It takes pressure off the trachea (more later), and it increases pressure on the area you need pressure on, the sides of the neck. You aren't going to need an exact measurement. But, from what I know, a little bigger than your trachea is better than a little smaller. (I could be wrong, I'm not completely sure on this) If you're really in a bind, there is no foreseeable reason why a ring from your shower curtain shouldn't work. Note 2 things if you do use a ring. The type of rope is

important. Hard, stiff rope + ring = painful death, or no death at all. Use a soft rope, and lubricate it

liberally with a bar of soap. The other thing to consider is that you will be creating very high tension with the addition of the ring. So make damn sure the rope can support more than your weight (more later). One more thing, the ring should NOT be used for strangulation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
I'd recommend against using rings or stuff like that, because it's just one more point of failure, potentially. And when hanging it's impossible not to have pressure on the trachea as well. Also, hanging is not painless, from what I researched, but nearly all methods of suicide are somewhat painful/uncomfortable. I will say that hanging is one of the least painful if done properly.

The most common errors are using a non-constricting noose, not placing the noose's knot behind your neck and not placing the noose high up on the neck. Follow these simple precautions and you're halfway there.

Best of luck!

Reactions: kinderbueno