notherenotnow

notherenotnow

Oct 7, 2023
SN is pretty much the only ctb method I have, but I cannot do it now. And I know I'm bing really paranoid, but I'm just scared that the polish goverment will find out what SN is being used for and actually ban it.
So I was thinking of ordering a few packs of SN and keep it until i'm ready to do it in case they ban it or something like that. Can SN "expire" or somehting like that? As in, if I keep SN in my house for like 3 years, will it still work like it's supposed to in those 3 years? On every photo of SN I have ever saw, there were expiration dates and I just dont know if its a good idea anymore

D

DepressedChemMajor

o7
Oct 24, 2023
SN will start oxidizing to sodium nitrate as soon as it touches air. Just don't break the seal on the container and you can technically store it up to 5yrs

• Love
Reactions: Venessolotic, stuckinthemud and notherenotnow
A

aGoodDayToDie

Arcanist
Jun 30, 2023
It is pretty stable. If you keep it sealed it should last for a lifetime.

If unsealed, my guess is it'll lose potency at a rate of about 1% per day. That's a total guess though, it depends on the environment massively, and what form it's in, how tightly it's packed and so on.

S

stuckinthemud

Student
Nov 14, 2023
SN will start oxidizing to sodium nitrate as soon as it touches air. Just don't break the seal on the container and you can technically store it up to 5yrs
How do people go about testing ? they would have to open it to do so then seal again but could that oxidise the SN ?

asian

asian

hikikomori JK
Jan 16, 2024
It can be stored for at least three years in a sealed state. If you put it in a cool and dry place without sunlight, it can be stored for four to five years.

Last edited:
jbn0070

jbn0070

ooooo
Jan 4, 2024
It can be stored for at least three years in a sealed state. If you put it in a cold and dry place without sunlight, it can be stored for four to five years.
Ok

Reactions: asian
D

DepressedChemMajor

o7
Oct 24, 2023
How do people go about testing ? they would have to open it to do so then seal again but could that oxidise the SN ?
The oxidation process is not that fast, but in the context of storing it for months, you can say it oxidises quickly.