• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Boudika

Boudika

Trauma? Oh you mean reason why I'm hilarious
Aug 22, 2023
I talked to a friend who is a chemist and she told me that when drinking this there is a good chance that I will burn my whole throat, and if I vomit it, it would come along with parts of my tongue. How much truth in this? People who have vomited SN - were you left with burns afterwards? Because I don't know if I should believe it or if she was just trying to scare me away from it

avaruus

avaruus

loser · gone very soon
Aug 17, 2022
I don't have experience with that, but the SN solution is very salty. Which i guess can be somewhat similar to burning sensation.
But it shouldn't 'burn' in an acidic sense, unless the stomach's digestive acids are coming along with it.

Reactions: Boudika
J

juraviel

PL
Aug 11, 2021
i never ever heard mentioned that sn can burn you. it's salt it will be .. salty. not pleasant but not burning

• Love
Reactions: Boudika
lillmonix3

lillmonix3

Death as an end in itself
Aug 14, 2023
Maybe your friend is just trying to prevent you from doing this?

Reactions: chuerdhmproton and Boudika
T

ThisUnrest

Seeking personal sovereignty
Aug 15, 2023
There have been lots of first-hand accounts on here and no one has mentioned literal burning or loss of mouth parts. Just that it feels a bit sting-ey and uncomfortable when drinking it.

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 65988 and Boudika
Old Friend

Old Friend

Sleep well, Airstrip One.
Sep 24, 2023
I talked to a friend who is a chemist and she told me that when drinking this there is a good chance that I will burn my whole throat, and if I vomit it, it would come along with parts of my tongue. How much truth in this? People who have vomited SN - were you left with burns afterwards? Because I don't know if I should believe it or if she was just trying to scare me away from it

You're friend is either winding you up or is confusing SN with another compound.

Reactions: Meditation guide
Tesha

Tesha

Life too shall pass
May 31, 2020
In solution it's a very, weak alkali that won't burn you at all. I think your chemist friend might need to resit their exams. Your stomach acid is much more corrosive.

Last edited:
Boudika

Boudika

Trauma? Oh you mean reason why I'm hilarious
Aug 22, 2023
You're friend is either winding you up or is confusing SN with another compound.
I think first option is true
In solution it's a very, weak alkali that won't burn you at all. I think your chemist friend might need to resit their exams. Your stomach acid is much more corrosive.
she probably lied to me to protect me. And thanks for the anserw
Maybe your friend is just trying to prevent you from doing this?
Probably

Reactions: Meditation guide and Tesha
ToTheTwillight

ToTheTwillight

Experienced
May 19, 2023
From Vizzy's list of successful and unsuccesful cases, I was rereading it the other day and was somewhat surprised to find few cases indicating people felt they had burning throat, which is a topic I haven't seen around. Now from the sound of it, like @avaruus mentioned, it won't burn like acid in that excruciating pain. Most likely it's like when you have a soar throat but somewhat worse, just not at those extremes (at least while conscious)

Reactions: avaruus and Deleted member 65988
Dying Knight

Dying Knight

-
Sep 17, 2023
If it really burns, it's because it works as a weak alkali, not acid. Since HNO2 is a weak acid, the given salt has alkaline reaction when dissolved in water due to hydrolysis

NaNO2 + HOH ⇄ HNO2 + NaOH

And yes, salts actually may burn. Try touching wet Na2CO3 for example.

Upd: I compared acidity of HNO2 and H2CO3, the former one is noticeably stronger, hence NaNO2 shouldn't burn much.

Last edited:
chuerdhmproton

chuerdhmproton

Mr. Water Pig
Sep 9, 2023
If it really burns, it's because it works as a weak alkali, not acid. Since HNO2 is a weak acid, the given salt has alkaline reaction when dissolved in water due to hydrolysis

NaNO2 + HOH ⇄ HNO2 + NaOH

And yes, salts actually may burn. Try touching wet Na2CO3 for example.

Upd: I compared acidity of HNO2 and H2CO3, the former one is noticeably stronger, hence NaNO2 shouldn't burn much.
bro actually paid attention back in high school chemistry class, nice

D

Deleted member 65988

I think first option is true

she probably lied to me to protect me. And thanks for the anserw

Probably
Definitely sounds like she's lying to you in order to make you terrified of what may happen, if people's tongues burnt, we definitely would've seen and heard about it by now.

Reactions: ToTheTwillight