S

Steamm

Arcanist
Feb 28, 2020
I have a serious trauma about breathing, and after reading a few posts I realized does it make you sufocate to death?

Reactions: Homecoming
krsu

krsu

Jun 10, 2020
I have a serious trauma about breathing, and after reading a few posts I realized does it make you sufocate to death?
theoretically you should just get dizzy and pass out

• Hugs
Reactions: puppy9 and InevitablePattern91
nerve

nerve

fat cringey shut-in
Jun 19, 2019
So SN causes death by preventing the blood from carrying oxygen properly. There's no suffocation involved. You won't start struggling to breathe until after you've passed out.

A few people have reported having trouble breathing after taking the solution because it tastes so bad and causes them to start retching, but this can be mitigated a number of ways (having a piece of dark chocolate or gargling mouthwash / water).

• Love
Reactions: puppy9 and krsu
BPD Barbie

BPD Barbie

Visionary
Dec 1, 2019
As others have said, theoretically you should have passed out before any real breathing problems set in.

• Hugs
Reactions: TimeToBiteTheDust, puppy9 and krsu
ZardozOmega

ZardozOmega

Narcissist Gay NEET-cel
Mar 4, 2020
There were one or two reports of rapid breathing here on the forum, but it seems very rare. Most people just pass out.

G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
shallow breathing as a result of rapid heart rate is to he expected, but that wouldn't cause a sense of depleted oxygen. The cause of death is hypoxia, but in theory one should los consciousness due to low o2 saturation well before respiratory depression begins. The feeling of suffocation would come from carbon dioxide build up, which is not what is happening with SN. Your body still thinks it can breathe till it really can't, but your brain needs a lot of oxygen to keep you conscious.

Reactions: Wisdom3_1-9