N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I love to listen to Lil Peep and Juice WRLD. But most their songs are so sad. Falling down/Sunlight on your skin is so sad. It is so bitter sweet. Like the Lil Peep experience in general. Gifted artist that tragically dies way too young. Living for the moment comes to mind because life is so short. At the same time though exactly this mindset (drug abuse- living for the moment) killed Peep.

There is something very comforting in their music. Maybe a transcendental message there is something beyond death. The admiration and love continue for Peep. I started listening to him several years after his death.

This forum is another example of comforting sadness. Let's us be sad together. Alone this feeling is even way worse even more unendurable. We might cannot change our lives but at least we can express our pain, relate and listen to each other. This forum is in many instances very sad. But it so much more real than most other parts of the internet where only the facade counts. Let us show each others hell and respect each other for facing it on a daily basis.

Many other parts on the internet make me depressed. Instagram is such a hellhole. Instagram literally makes me clinically depressed. The sadness on SaSu is different. It touches something in my soul not to be alone with all of this. I can relate to so many of you. Way more than in any other self-help group on this planet.

Thanks a lot for that!

• Love
Reactions: Givenupx and Forever Sleep
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I think there are different levels almost to feeling sad. Sometimes, I think it is just that release to cry. To not try to fight the thoughts anymore- to give in to them. A friend once said we need to feel relaxed to cry- maybe that's true. Plus, it can feel familiar- if you are sad a lot- to return to that place. So, there's comfort I think in doing things that are familiar.

Really depends though. Deep sadness/ grief can feel unbearable. For me, it's been over family deaths. It's like this hole opens up inside of you and there aren't enough tears to cry and you know a part of you will always be missing now. Yet, the rest of the world just carries on.

I value this place so much too to know that I'm not alone in trying to get through another day. Not that I want other people to suffer but it helps to know you aren't the only one struggling. And yeah- I hated Instagram too! All of the social media platforms to be honest.

• Hugs
Reactions: noname223 and Givenupx
G

Givenupx

Feb 4, 2023
I come and go from this site often but frequently post, but I'm so glad this site exist. It's so nice to see stories you can relate to and to see you're not the only one struggling to make through the day. Thank you all for making this thing called life more bearable.

• Love
Reactions: noname223