_Seeking

_Seeking

I'm only here for this moment
Dec 16, 2021
I find it uncomfortable that now this pain management clinic does their intakes in the waiting room with no music and complete silence. I believe they do this because they are overbooking as they are greedy vultures. For instance, today I sat next to a man while the nurse did the intake. I learned his name, that his neck pain worsened after a Botox treatment and all the medications he was taking. He and 4 others plus 2 receptionists learned all about my CRPS and my meds, anyone could be recording this so seems like a big no no. Sure, I doubt anyone cares to record, but it still seems like this should not be allowed. Is this a reportable offense?

I hate being a chronic pain patient, they treat you like a criminal if you refuse any treatment, even if you had it done before and it made things worse. I've always been a timid person and have a hard time asserting myself, then when I try to advocate for myself, they try to make me feel like I am crazy. The doctor wouldn't even do a physical exam even though I have skin color and temperature changes which are classic CRPS and would have confirmed what I was saying, that my CRPS has spread into both hips. She acted like I was making shit up when I told her you cannot give cortisone injections to someone with a genetic collagen disorder, it makes things worse. I believe they are trying to increase their profits by taking on too many patients, they try to get you to agree to a quick injection into the joint (a nerve block into the spine would require sedation and is more difficult to perform), and if you disagree, they try to badger you into submission. I actually broke down and started bawling and couldn't stop, it was all so humiliating.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Per Ardua Ad Astra, Disappointered, WrongPlaceWrongTime and 4 others
Tackingintothewind

Tackingintothewind

Mage
Mar 2, 2021
Regarding basic patient confidentiality.... yes you can report them. Regarding everything else.... uncertain.

• Informative
Reactions: WrongPlaceWrongTime, _Seeking and waitingforrest
BrokenBliss

BrokenBliss

Invisible. Apparently.
Jan 11, 2022
I, too, am a chronic pain patient and am treated horribly by my own medical community. Like a criminal, as you say.

As to doing intakes in the waiting room, that is criminal. Literally. Hipaa was designed partly to prevent such things.

• Informative
Reactions: Disappointered, _Seeking and waitingforrest
_Seeking

_Seeking

Dec 16, 2021
Yes, it's like having pain automatically makes you a liar and crazy to pain doctors, when we just want solutions that will help our pain. This is a fairly small office, there shouldn't be more than 2 people in the waiting room at a time. I hope this forces them to have to take less patients and they lose money. I asked them to reverse my charges, as I had no physical exam and the doctor was incredibly rude when I didn't want her quick shot, and they refused saying that they provided a service. Probably why they ask for their money up front, they only care about money.

• Aww..
Reactions: Disappointered and BrokenBliss
W

waitingforrest

Elementalist
Dec 27, 2021
Even though it takes a long time to get into the medical field, the lack of education on some illnesses and conditions irks me.

It is so common to have concerns dismissed and have to go back home with nothing but a bill. I'm sorry that happened to you, nurses and doctors scare me because most of the time there is a power imbalance.

If you feel like you really want to make a report, please do so. It doesn't make you the bad person to report when something violates standard policy. Standing up for your rights is no easy feat, but you have every right to report them. Don't let anyone tell you that you are overreacting.

Reactions: NSA, Disappointered and _Seeking
S

Smart No More

Visionary
May 5, 2021
I've experienced increasing lack of bedside manner or even willingness to open into a dialogue with patients. You're meant to just go along in blind faith with no understanding of the treatments offered. Questioning with a desire to understand gets you marked as mentaeill or troublesome. Offefing up reasonable input is met by real annoyance by doctors these days and they treat you like you're indwbted to them for being in their presence above and beyond the payment they receive. I don't see how it's ok to be so rude to yoyr patients/customers. It's not like this in all countries though. Some are worse but some are better. Polish doctors are more holistic and thorough apparently so if you're able get treatment from one it might be worth exploring that route. Definitely empathise with and am familiar with the issue you're facing.

Reactions: Disappointered and _Seeking
_Seeking

_Seeking

Dec 16, 2021
I just made an online report to HIPAA. I've never made any complaint against a doctor before, even though I've had bad experiences, it was never this evil as I saw today, just pure greed and zero compassion.

Reactions: NSA, Disappointered and BrokenBliss
BrokenBliss

BrokenBliss

Invisible. Apparently.
Jan 11, 2022
I just made an online report to HIPAA. I've never made any complaint against a doctor before, even though I've had bad experiences, it was never this evil as I saw today, just pure greed and zero compassion.
Wow! Good for you. Let us know how it goes!

Reactions: _Seeking
Disappointered

Disappointered

Enlightened
Sep 21, 2020
Yes, I concur with the other posters. Medical doctors are usually pieces of shit and they get even worse when it comes to "treating" people with chronic pain. Like the supposed opioid crisis is my fucking problem. I guess I should be humiliated and abused for being in pain and then go back home and still be in pain because telling these POS medical doktors that I need my pain reduced turns me into a bad patient who must be punished for something to do, apparently, with a supposed opioid crisis...which will eventually force me to obtain pain relief illegally. Who knows just what I might end up doing. They like to get their cocks up about a supposed opioid crisis. They think things a bad now? They might not be so excitable about their power when things get really bad, like maybe people like them dying, not just a few of their friend's cousin's maid's daughters and a whole bunch of people already living risky lifestyles. I don't think it was always this bad. The new world order is creeping forward and this is just one example of the pluralistic low trust society future generations will be trapped. Hopefully the brainwashing will be successful and they'll be happy while zuckerberg and his handlers harvest their brains to charge a giant supercomputer that runs their lives as animals in a zoo. I'm so glad I'll be dead by then.

Reactions: _Seeking
_Seeking

_Seeking

Dec 16, 2021
I thought about it more today, and I'm still pissed. I have never asked for opiates from them, I only wanted a nerve block in my spine because that is the standard of care for when CRPS has spread. The doctor refused to do a physical exam which would have confirmed it has spread, and that I need a nerve block to stop it from continuing. She made up her mind about me before she ever entered the room.

I do think I might have a civil case against them for HIPAA privacy violations, CRPS is pretty rare so it's not right I had to have the whole waiting room know about all my problems just so they can make more money. If they had agreed to not charge me for the humiliation, I would have probably dropped it, but they are too greedy for that. I contacted a personal injury lawyer and will talk to them tomorrow. Normally I hate lawyers, but sometimes you need an asshole to fight a bigger asshole. I've got nothing to lose at this point and want them to be inconvenienced.

• Aww..
Reactions: Per Ardua Ad Astra and Disappointered
NSA

NSA

Your friendly neighborhood agent
Feb 21, 2022
Normally I hate lawyers, but sometimes you need an asshole to fight a bigger asshole. I've got nothing to lose at this point and want them to be inconvenienced.

Yes, fuck them. If you've got a case, wring them dry. They're clearly a-ok with doing the same to you.