X

xxxbmw

Student
Apr 19, 2022
I've read some comments which say that you can pull the trigger with your toe if the barrel is too long. Is that true? And would it be something easy to do or would there be any difficulties with that?

K

Kalista

Failed hard to pull the trigger - Now using SN
Feb 5, 2023
as long as the barrel is steady at its target, anything can pull the trigger as long as it doesn't cause it to shift around.

only need to try and practice.

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc
GetReadyy

GetReadyy

Aug 15, 2024
Tetiği herhangi bir sopayla çekebileceğini düşünüyorum.

AbusedInnocent

AbusedInnocent

Enemy brain ain't cooperating
Apr 5, 2024
Wouldn't it be easier to tie a rope to the trigger and pull it?

Reactions: xxxbmw
DefinitelyReady

DefinitelyReady

*perpetually annoyed*
Mar 14, 2024
You read that here? So this is a real question?

Last edited:
Reactions: lizzywizzy09
X

xxxbmw

Student
Apr 19, 2022
You read that here? So this is a real question?
I don't know if you're being sarcastic or not. It's been years since I touched a shotgun, so I said maybe those who have guns would be more familiar and likely to have better opinions than myself
Wouldn't it be easier to tie a rope to the trigger and pull it?
That's interesting hopefully someone will give an opinion whether that's a good idea.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: DefinitelyReady
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
Most who use shotguns do so by placing the barrel into their mouths while sitting on the edge of a couch or chair. The stock of the gun is placed on the floor. This position requires the person to be leaning slightly forward, which makes it easier to reach the trigger with the hand.

Reactions: opheliaoveragain
X

xxxbmw

Student
Apr 19, 2022
Most who use shotguns do so by placing the barrel into their mouths while sitting on the edge of a couch or chair. The stock of the gun is placed on the floor. This position requires the person to be leaning slightly forward, which makes it easier to reach the trigger with the hand.
Well i think that's the case for shotguns that have barrels 14-18" long. Does this also work for barrels 28" and longer cuz I don't think that you'll be able to reach the trigger with your thumb.

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
Well i think that's the case for shotguns that have barrels 14-18" long. Does this also work for barrels 28" and longer cuz I don't think that you'll be able to reach the trigger with your thumb.
Oh man, you have a 28 - incher? Yeah, that's a long one. Although the position I described would position the trigger closer to the body, it would probably still be too far away. Personally, I'd saw the barrel off. One could, also, place a dowel rod or pipe between the trigger and trigger guard and then position the gun so that the stock is butted up against a wall or something. Then the feet could be used to push on each side of the dowel, which, in turn, would push against the trigger and fire the gun. If I had to go this route, I'd do some practicing with this technique and an unloaded gun.

X

xxxbmw

Student
Apr 19, 2022
Oh man, you have a 28 - incher? Yeah, that's a long one. Although the position I described would position the trigger closer to the body, it would probably still be too far away. Personally, I'd saw the barrel off. One could, also, place a dowel rod or pipe between the trigger and trigger guard and then position the gun so that the stock is butted up against a wall or something. Then the feet could be used to push on each side of the dowel, which, in turn, would push against the trigger and fire the gun. If I had to go this route, I'd do some practicing with this technique and an unloaded gun.
I'm so happy with your reply. So if I understood correctly, even if I don't cut the barrel i can push the trigger with a dowel rod? I still haven't got a shotgun. But I will buy it and probably buy sn and then decide which method I will choose. I can buy a short barrel shotgun, but I want also to hunt with it before my goodbye. But if I won't reach the trigger then the only option I have is to buy a short barrel shotgun. I will also look for a shotgun combo that comes with 2 barrels, each replaceable barell is different in length, so that would be perfect if I found such a gun once I travel back home. Also the problem is I don't know if they sell short barrel ones back home, so that's also why I asked the question for the worst case scenario

Last edited:
Reactions: maniac116
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
I'm so happy with your reply. So if I understood correctly, even if I don't cut the barrel i can push the trigger with a dowel rod? I still haven't got a shotgun. But I will buy it and probably buy sn and then decide which method I will choose. I can buy a short barrel shotgun, but I want also to hunt with it before my goodbye. But if I won't reach the trigger then the only option I have is to buy a short barrel shotgun. I will also look for a shotgun combo that comes with 2 barrels, each replaceable barell is different in length, so that would be perfect if I found such a gun once I travel back home. Also the problem is I don't know if they sell short barrel ones back home, so that's also why I asked the question for the worst case scenario
Of course you could stick a dowel, or other rod, in between the trigger and trigger guard, and depress the trigger that way. I'd be inclined to use a metal rod over a wood dowel, though. And like I said, I'd practice doing it over and over with the gun unloaded. Wanting/needing that longer barrel is just adding more complexity to all of this, though. You're definitely going to need to "brace" the stock of the shotgun against a wall, or better yet, in the corner of a room, to be able to pull off the rod/feet operation of the trigger.

• Love