RoadBLOCK

RoadBLOCK

Jul 9, 2024
I have 3500 people on snapchat and 99% are sexual. My boyfriend and I left each other a few months ago. I don't really know, but it's a question I ask myself because social pressure can be great if you're alone for a long time, and the pressure is psychological and the feeling of loneliness.
I don't want anyone to take advantage of me financially or sexually. Can this be applied throughout my entire life? And I will be alone.

C

ConstantPain

Sorry but cats are so much better than people
Jun 9, 2022
Hi, I think it's pretty safe to assume that you won't be alone forever. That said, I would love to be alone again and would prefer to never have sex again. It's not desirable to me at all and I know I am not the only one.
I know it can be tough for someone to be by themselves socially but at least you have control of yourself. I'm trapped in a terrible marriage and don't feel like there's much I can control. Socially, I don't like going anywhere with my husband because he can be a miserable ass and will embarrass me. There's no harm in staying alone for now, you might end up loving it or you may decide you want a future partner. Try not to let others make you feel uncomfortable, it's your life!

LapseInTime

LapseInTime

Top-notch parasite.
Sep 4, 2024
Who said straight people are never going to be lonely? Many have children for just that. They can still end up alone. Spouses die, children go on to lead their own lives. Isolation is difficult if youre not made for it. Hell, even the most introverted people may need some sort of interaction every once in a while. Perhaps you need to look at how you start a relationship and what your expectations are so that nobody can leverage any bit of uncertainty from your part. I find that this is when somebodys open to exploitation. When you may not have a concrete idea of what you're after, hence put up with a lot because somebodys been given all the space they need to step over your emotions and needs, ultimately having theirs overshadow yours because they know youll put up with it.

Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
You can be alone as long as you want or need to.
Heal up a bit from the last relationship. When ready, you will go out again.
It just hurts more right now.

heliophobic

heliophobic

Memento Mori
Jan 29, 2024
I agree with the others. I've been alone for 10 years and have lived alone since 2019. I'm alone but not lonely. I don't miss relationships and I don't care about sex. When I got out of my last relationship at the end of 2014, my original intent was to be alone long enough until I was okay being with just myself. I found that the long I stayed single, the less I wanted to date. There's a book called Single at Heart by Dr. Bella DePaulo that you might like. šŸ˜Š