G

Gavalar

Apr 11, 2019
I'm ridiculously tired and I need to end it, preferably tonight.
My last break up has broke me, its been 2 months I'm in no closer to getting out this rut so fuck it.
Would just a plastic bag work? My options are hanging using ties but the last 3 times haven't worked, whether it's the angle or what, I just keep feeling pressure in my head.
The only other thing I can think of is a plastic bag?

Reactions: Suiplastic and Cairn
S

spanishguy22

Enlightened
Apr 9, 2019
The suffocating feeling is terrible and you'll tear it

Reactions: x-Ace-x, Fuzzy94, Honigwaffel and 1 other person
M

mrnadim

May 3, 2019
I don't wana be ridiculos i feel the same u do and the only thing that is keeping me from doing right now , i have something to do before i go and i need few days , but i wana ask u did u seek help ?

G

Gavalar

Apr 11, 2019
I don't wana be ridiculos i feel the same u do and the only thing that is keeping me from doing right now , i have something to do before i go and i need few days , but i wana ask u did u seek help ?

I'm done seeking help.
Counselling takes 6 months and medication messes with me entirely.
I've tried doctors but people don't take this seriously.
I'm more than happy to end things.

• Hugs
Reactions: Kikoo Loool, Ivenocare and Soul
M

mrnadim

May 3, 2019
I'm done seeking help.
Counselling takes 6 months and medication messes with me entirely.
I've tried doctors but people don't take this seriously.
I'm more than happy to end things.
At least take sometime to make a good plan , i consider you read what i posted today about failing with amitriptyline u dnt wana make a simular mistake

Reactions: Soul
G

Gavalar

Apr 11, 2019
I would use drugs but wouldn't be able to get them shipped.
I've failed partial too many times.
I'm not sure what more to do.

T

TiredHorse

Enlightened
Nov 1, 2018
The only way plastic bag asphyxiation works is with very heavy sedatives to overpower the hypercapnic alarm (buildup of CO2 in the bloodstream). With sedatives it can be done, supposedly, but it's still not a reliable way to CTB, and as a result has been largly superceded by the far more reliable exit bag/inert gas method which purges the CO2.

To learn about using inert gas (nitrogen), read through the exit bag / inert gas megathread.

Reactions: s_girl, Honigwaffel, Soul and 1 other person
G

Gavalar

Apr 11, 2019
The only way plastic bag asphyxiation works is with very heavy sedatives to overpower the hypercapnic alarm (buildup of CO2 in the bloodstream). With sedatives it can be done, supposedly, but it's still not a reliable way to CTB, and as a result has been largly superceded by the far more reliable exit bag/inert gas method which purges the CO2.

To learn about using inert gas (nitrogen), read through the exit bag / inert gas megathread.

But wouldn't the lack of oxygen still kill me? Say if I put the bag on, tied it and then tied my hands together?

A

ArtVandelay

Experienced
Apr 15, 2019
But wouldn't the lack of oxygen still kill me? Say if I put the bag on, tied it and then tied my hands together?

Technically yes, but without inert gas to displace the CO2 then you will be in a world of pain. You'd be thrashing around trying to rip the bag off even with your hands tied.

Reactions: Soul and Honigwaffel
S

spanishguy22

Enlightened
Apr 9, 2019
I did that and used my teeth lol. I'm just saying you're gonna feel very bad for like a minute. I tore it after 5 seconds. Felt like longer.

Reactions: ArtVandelay
G

Gavalar

Apr 11, 2019
Technically yes, but without inert gas to displace the CO2 then you will be in a world of pain. You'd be thrashing around trying to rip the bag off even with your hands tied.

I'll try it tonight. Hopefully the pain isn't unbearable enough.

• Wow
  • Aww..
Reactions: mrnadim and Honigwaffel
A

ArtVandelay

Experienced
Apr 15, 2019
I'll try it tonight. Hopefully the pain isn't unbearable enough.

It will be extremely unpleasant, with a low chance of success.

I'm worried it will be seized and I wouldn't really know where to start.

Were you worried about it being seized during shipping? Or by someone you live with? Because you can usually buy everything you need in person, from a local gas supplier. I know this method sounds complicated, but if done right then you will spare yourself a lot of suffering.

M

mrnadim

May 3, 2019
Man dont do it with a simple bag !! Use helium gas if all hope are lost !!! It wont be a human death and the pain will be much much bigger than u feel now ...

T

TiredHorse

Enlightened
Nov 1, 2018
The difficulty lies in what's called hypercapnic alarm: once the CO2 builds up in your bloodstream, you won't have any choice but tear yourself out of the bag, whether or not your hands are tied. It's an instinctual response. The failure of this method has nothing to do with the physical discomfort --having intentionally triggered the hypercapnic alarm to see what it's like, I can tell you that by the time it starts to kick in it's mentally unpleasant more than physically painful-- so much as the instinctive mind fighting for survival. Your pain threshold will have nothing to do with your inevitable failure.

If you want to try, by all means go ahead. You'll no doubt find the experience instructional. But don't make any plans for success, because it's 99.99% likely you won't succeed. It'll be an educational way for you to spend the evening, will probably make you feel even worse about yourself than you do now (failures are both exhausting and demoralizing), and with this attempt in your memory may make it even more difficult to overcome your Survival Instinct later when you decide to research and implement a more realistic plan.

If you feel like reporting back on your experience, I'm sure the collective knowledge base here on the forum will benefit from a write up.

(Sorry to be crabby, but your question is getting a universal response of "it's a bad idea/it won't work," a cursory search of the forum will educate you in why it's a reliably bad idea, and yet you persist in pursuing it.)

Reactions: Soul, ArtVandelay and Koal
M

mrnadim

May 3, 2019
Did you do it or ur still alive ?

Last edited:
T

TiredHorse

Enlightened
Nov 1, 2018
I just want to stop failing....
Then you need to stop using methods that are guaranteed to fail.

I'm sorry you're in such a wretched place, Gavalar. It sucks, and I've definitely been there. But you need to pause, catch your breath (so to speak), and do some research into what actually does and doesn't work. There is no easy road to an effective suicide --if there were, it would be well mapped and very well travelled-- and the only way to get the result you seek is to do some responsible preparation.

Reactions: Soul
IronTusk

IronTusk

Experienced
Apr 10, 2019
Then you need to stop using methods that are guaranteed to fail.

I'm sorry you're in such a wretched place, Gavalar. It sucks, and I've definitely been there. But you need to pause, catch your breath (so to speak), and do some research into what actually does and doesn't work. There is no easy road to an effective suicide --if there were, it would be well mapped and very well travelled-- and the only way to get the result you seek is to do some responsible preparation.
There kinda is an easy road to an effective suicide. Gun or a noose.

Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019

Effective if one knows how to do it right, and then manages to do it that way. Gavalar, have a good browse through the thread called "List of resources" - you'll find a lot of useful stuff there. Hoping for the best outcome for you ...

Reactions: TiredHorse
T

TiredHorse

Enlightened
Nov 1, 2018
Nope.

Go through the site and make a list of all the failed attempts. I'll wager hanging will be at the top of the list. As for a gun, Hollywood has taught us to aim it at the temple or under the chin, both of which are failure prone --as a friend of mine discovered when he blew his eyes out of his face and turned himself into a vegetable.

As @Soul says, they're only effective if you know how to do it right and then manage to do it that way.

Reactions: Honigwaffel and Soul
IronTusk

IronTusk

Experienced
Apr 10, 2019
Nope.

Go through the site and make a list of all the failed attempts. I'll wager hanging will be at the top of the list. As for a gun, Hollywood has taught us to aim it at the temple or under the chin, both of which are failure prone --as a friend of mine discovered when he blew his eyes out of his face and turned himself into a vegetable.

As @Soul says, they're only effective if you know how to do it right and then manage to do it that way.
The failure rate for a firearm is about 5% I believe? And even if you aimed at your temple you'd likely die. As for hanging Wikipedia lists the failure rate at 30%.

Buy a shotgun put it in your mouth and you're dead. You'll probably cite the 5% who aim at their chin.

Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
Buy a shotgun, put it in my mouth, figure out how to pull the trigger in that position, don't slip or spasm, and yes, I'd probably either succeed or never know I didn't. Not all of us can easily do any of that, but yes, if done right it's effective.

IronTusk

IronTusk

Experienced
Apr 10, 2019
The failure rate for a firearm is about 5% I believe? And even if you aimed at your temple you'd likely die. As for hanging Wikipedia lists the failure rate at 30%.

Buy a shotgun put it in your mouth and you're dead. You'll probably cite the 5% who aim at their chin.
@TiredHorse sorry if I came across as a dick. I'm having a shitty day. My apologies.

T

TiredHorse

Enlightened
Nov 1, 2018
@TiredHorse sorry if I came across as a dick. I'm having a shitty day. My apologies.
Nah; no worries. I'm a bit crabby here, too --shitty night last night and a futile morning thus far-- so I apologize as well.

Some days it isn't worth chewing your leg off to get out of the trap.

I hope your day improves!

TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
A plastic bag alone would not be sufficient and your body will likely fight to tear it off, thus resulting in a failed attempt. This is because when you don't have oxygen to breathe or any other inert gas, CO2 builds up and causes a hypercapnic response, thus your body will panic and try to gasp for air, Oxygen to survive. What you might be looking for (if obtaining a shotgun/firearm is not feasible), is an exit bag.