W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
It depends on what their answers are.

If they tell you something like "go ahead. Life sucks. Ctb right now" they'll probably be accused of having persuaded you to ctb.

Instead, if they answer "Please don't do it. Think things carefully. Get professional help." nothing will happen

Aloken

Aloken

I choose love
Jan 25, 2021
If they accept it and we proceed by sharing some stuff as a "goodbye" and I ctb say a year later, do you
think they'll get in trouble?
It depends on what their answers are.

If they tell you something like "go ahead. Life sucks. Ctb right now" they'll probably be accused of having persuaded you to ctb.

Instead, if they answer "Please don't do it. Think things carefully. Get professional help." nothing will happen

• Hugs
Reactions: WornOutLife
DivineMedicus

DivineMedicus

Vereor Nox
Sep 7, 2020
In the U.S., even if it is a violation of the First Amendment, you can still be charged with involuntary second-degree manslaughter. In some parts of the world (looking at you Australia), you will spend life in prison (maximum penalty, although quite rare). Of course, the above apply if your friends coerce/counsel you to commit suicide, and inaction will not be the grounds for litigation.

Reactions: Ame and Spitfire
E

erymo

Nov 5, 2020
In the U.S., even if it is a violation of the First Amendment, you can still be charged with involuntary second-degree manslaughter. In some parts of the world (looking at you Australia), you will spend life in prison (maximum penalty, although quite rare). Of course, the above apply if your friends coerce/counsel you to commit suicide, and inaction will not be the grounds for litigation.
What if they don't stop me, but they don't encourage me either

DivineMedicus

DivineMedicus

Vereor Nox
Sep 7, 2020
What if they don't stop me, but they don't encourage me either
Then a lot of people who knew the users here irl (those that CTBed) would be in prison rn. Ofc that would be silly. As I've said, inaction will not be the grounds for litigation.

Reactions: Ame and Spitfire
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
If they accept it and we proceed by sharing some stuff as a "goodbye" and I ctb say a year later, do you
think they'll get in trouble?
Interesting question. I think the wouldn't get in trouble. Unless the police is very suspicious about your death and do a deep research!

Reactions: Aloken
Georgiana Darcy

Georgiana Darcy

Feb 11, 2021
Unless you plan to cbt directly in front of their eyes, no. Then they would be legally obliged to help.

Do not tell them a date, a time, a place, or a method. Nobody can expect your friends to be on a 24/7 suicide watch.

S

Spitfire

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
And if they tried,

A person could gather quite a large audience to the proceedings!

Depending on the specifics, this could be a very good or bad thing to have happen?

Aloken

Aloken

I choose love
Jan 25, 2021
In my country you could go to jail for about a year if you fail to offer help to save a life. I'm not a lawyer
nor a law expert, but this is what I read. Of course I don't know
what that means exactly. Would someone face legal issues if you
told them that you will ctb no matter what, even years after the conversation, and they accepted it? This law thing sucks
Then a lot of people who knew the users here irl (those that CTBed) would be in prison rn. Ofc that would be silly. As I've said, inaction will not be the grounds for litigation.

Reactions: DivineMedicus
wannago

wannago

Relief
Dec 4, 2020
I actually wondered this too, and I've just kept it to one person that I've genuinely spoken it through with (thankfully they didn't freak out, and have honestly given me such respect it astounded me). I'd worry if they freaked out - and probably knowing me, I'd say it was a bad joke or something, or that I didn't mean it. Throughout my life when I have told people about attempts etc, they tend to distance themselves from me. It sucks, but you can't really blame them. It's also good to get it out there. Obviously they should reply like asking you not to etc, not always to please you but to protect themselves. It's really good to know that if you do follow through, someone will be in the know, and will make sure everything is understood as you meant it to be.