L

Lost1804

Student
Jun 26, 2019
Browsing settings and stuff one bored day, I came across a thing that said I could change my phone location? Is that right?
I was thinking along the lines that when I go I'll be "away" for a couple of days, and there are one or two people I'd like to say goodbye to. I know there's the delayed emails on here (which is a brilliant idea) but to some people I'd like to send a simple goodbye message, without them being able to trace me. Is that possible with that "change your location" that I found? Do we really become untraceable?

TheWalrus

TheWalrus

Waiting for the worms to come
Jul 4, 2020
I don't believe you can become "untraceable" as Telecomm companies can track your SIM. However I'm aware on android devices, when you enable developer options you can set a 'Mock Location' which will make you appear as though you are elsewhere to individuals that attempt to track you somehow. First you'll need to install a GPS location spoofing app, I recommend 'Fly GPS'. It is free on the Google Playstore. After you've installed your location spoof app you'll need to enable developer options. To do this, go to 'about phone' on your phone's settings, and then hit the 'build number' repeatedly until it tells you 'You're now a developer' (or something along those lines). Next try to navigate to the 'developer options' tab somewhere on your phones settings (it's different for each phone brand so you might want to search where these settings lie on your device). Once you get to your 'developer options', scroll until you find 'Set Mock Location app', hit that and then select the 'Fly GPS' app. Now if you open your 'Fly GPS' app you can select whatever location you want in the world and as long as you keep the app running in the background, you shouldn't be able to be traced by your friends and family.

Reactions: autumnal
L

Lost1804

Student
Jun 26, 2019
I don't believe you can become "untraceable" as Telecomm companies can track your SIM. However I'm aware on android devices, when you enable developer options you can set a 'Mock Location' which will make you appear as though you are elsewhere to individuals that attempt to track you somehow. First you'll need to install a GPS location spoofing app, I recommend 'Fly GPS'. It is free on the Google Playstore. After you've installed your location spoof app you'll need to enable developer options. To do this, go to 'about phone' on your phone's settings, and then hit the 'build number' repeatedly until it tells you 'You're now a developer' (or something along those lines). Next try to navigate to the 'developer options' tab somewhere on your phones settings (it's different for each phone brand so you might want to search where these settings lie on your device). Once you get to your 'developer options', scroll until you find 'Set Mock Location app', hit that and then select the 'Fly GPS' app. Now if you open your 'Fly GPS' app you can select whatever location you want in the world and as long as you keep the app running in the background, you shouldn't be able to be traced by your friends and family.
Thank you. It'll take me s little time to absorb and try work my way through that. I'm not very techno savvy but I'll have a go

• Hugs
Reactions: TheWalrus