R

rustinpeacepolaris

Student
Apr 28, 2023
I'm 19 and live in Florida. Could I travel down and buy a firearm from Mississippi? Their gun laws are absolute shit. Just an idea.

Reactions: silentnights56
passivethought121

passivethought121

Student
Jun 11, 2023
While other states have shit laws, sometimes your own has limits on guns from the outside. With a minute of research, it seems you can't purchase "long guns" due to your age, but you can get anything else. I'd research more though

R

rustinpeacepolaris

Student
Apr 28, 2023
While other states have shit laws, sometimes your own has limits on guns from the outside. With a minute of research, it seems you can't purchase "long guns" due to your age, but you can get anything else. I'd research more though
I know I know. I'm worried about the background check. I haven't been to the mental ward nor do i have a criminal history. However when i dealt with cps as a child they saw i self harmed. I do not have any diagnosis though.

LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
I know I know. I'm worried about the background check. I haven't been to the mental ward nor do i have a criminal history. However when i dealt with cps as a child they saw i self harmed. I do not have any diagnosis though.
You'll pass the background check. This is America after all. Given your young age do you want to talk about what is driving you?

Reactions: silentnights56
passivethought121

passivethought121

Student
Jun 11, 2023
You'll be fine then.

Leavesfromthevine

Leavesfromthevine

Untreated Trauma
Nov 23, 2023
As far as the background check goes if you do not pass nothing will immediately happen expect they will help you contact the appropriate department to see why you were rejected and possibly find the solution.

I'm not super familiar with guns and laws but I've been told this by people who work at gun shops. Of course every state has their own laws and rules so try to research Mississippi beforehand to confirm my knowledge.

And of course have a good story for why you want to buy a gun because if they assume you're going to ctb they'll reject it

R

rustinpeacepolaris

Student
Apr 28, 2023
You'll pass the background check. This is America after all. Given your young age do you want to talk about what is driving you?
Depression and Sexual and emotional trauma

lostinmythoughts

lostinmythoughts

Student
Nov 30, 2023
Yes you can anyone can buy a gun

Ironweed

Ironweed

Nauseated.
Nov 9, 2019
Yes you can anyone can buy a gun
Convicted felons and certain people with a mental health history cannot. They'll fail the background check, see here: Firearms Transaction Record . I wish the US was as wide open for gun ownership as Europeans seem to think it is. Then again, I live in one of the worst states in terms of strict gun laws.

I'm thinking firearm for myself. What's weird is that I have an irrational fear of shotguns, so I'm not gonna go that route, for no reason I can rationally articulate. 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, rustinpeacepolaris and Meditation guide
CrazyDiamond04

CrazyDiamond04

Metal Fan- Wants to hang Under The Oak
May 8, 2023
I'm 19 and live in Florida. Could I travel down and buy a firearm from Mississippi? Their gun laws are absolute shit. Just an idea.
Completely unrelated but nice Megadeth name.