• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

O

Orange Cat

Student
Oct 19, 2023
It's not really surprising that they delayed it again. There has been a lot of push back from the public criticizing the new law. I suspect that many doctors are also uncomfortable with giving people suffering solely from mental illness the green light for assisted suicide. They don't want to get personally involved when there is still so much unknown about mental illness and how it affects people's thought process. Many have moral and ethnic concerns assisting in their death when they don't know if there could be more successful treatments for mental illness in the future.

TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
Yeah that's really bad news, and I suppose this would mean that the people who would have hoped and relied on MAID expansion to include them (those whose sole underlying condition is mental illness) would then be subjected to further disappointment and suffering. There may even be some who then otherwise wouldn't have taken DIY measures to end up actually going through with their DIY attempts, resulting in varying outcomes: some successful but brutal and causing collateral damage, others not successful and yet causing collateral damage and further suffering. That would be the unfortunate consequence of those who are denied MAID just because their sole condition is mental illness. This also means that my idea of immigrating to Canada in order to benefit from such a policy is no longer viable.

wanttodie

wanttodie

Enlightened
Apr 19, 2018
so sad as im suffering from depression and want to end my life by assisted suicide