• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

crimsonpool

crimsonpool

hikikomori
May 15, 2023
title. might be a silly question idk, but i would rather make the decision when it's carefully thought out & not on a whim and texting one seems like my only option right now but im afraid they will call the cops on me. any answers are appreciated

Reactions: YandereMikuMistress
hag

hag

Mar 29, 2023
In the U.S., yes, they can, and many, but not all, of them do. If you google, there's a list out there being maintained of the ones that do and the ones that don't.

Reactions: YandereMikuMistress and crimsonpool
Upvote 0
brokensea

brokensea

Arcanist
Aug 4, 2022
If you say you're going to kill yourself right then and there and have means they can so just don't say that and they should not

Reactions: crimsonpool
Upvote 0
sulli

sulli

Student
Jan 25, 2023
they did on me bc i hung up on them 😭 i was like 15

EDIT i misread but yes the text line did once too when i was like 23

Upvote 0
leftdreaming

leftdreaming

I should’ve been a house cat
Apr 28, 2023
My experience with hotlines has been unsuccessful. Never had the cops called on me, but I also lied through my teeth.

If you need support, we are here for you and won't call the cops.

Reactions: socrates and crimsonpool
Upvote 0
T

ThatStateOfMind

Paragon
Nov 13, 2021
title. might be a silly question idk, but i would rather make the decision when it's carefully thought out & not on a whim and texting one seems like my only option right now but im afraid they will call the cops on me. any answers are appreciated
Just don't say you're going to do it then and there, you can act like you're just in a crisis but no solid plans. Maybe they could actually help if you desire recovery though!

Upvote 0
sheepgirl

sheepgirl

-
Aug 11, 2018
They can and will. When I was 15 I was texting them after taking my meds and fell asleep, woke up at like 4am with my mum yelling at me that cops were here. Last year I called them and they called cops on me but didn't even tell me they did, they were still talking to me when the police turned up and denied it even though the police told me it was them LOL

• Hugs
Reactions: crimsonpool and rationaltake
Upvote 1
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Yes, I've read about that. Calling those crisis lines will only make existing much worse, it sounds so horrific being locked in the prison that is the psych ward and anyway empty, hollow words could never offer relief from suffering in the first place.

Reactions: crimsonpool and YandereMikuMistress
Upvote 1
SilentSadness

SilentSadness

Sitting in the darkness.
Feb 28, 2023
Of course they will call the police on you if they feel like it, and note that they will not face any negative repurcussions for doing so. As much as I don't want to discourage you, the crisis lines are well known to be completely useless.

Reactions: altoids and crimsonpool
Upvote 0
Kerrtu

Kerrtu

Komeetta ♊︎
May 8, 2023

Better to ask and be prepared than not.

If you're in the U.S. you might get a visit from the cops, depending on how specific your plans are if you divulge them…and/or if you become highly emotional ie hyperventilating, having a panic attack, sobbing, etc. Depending on who is on the other line, they might tell you some self care tips or get the cops and/or hospital involved.

I've never called a crisis line, though I did try texting one a couple of times. It wasn't exactly time well spent.

Upvote 0
sosotired

sosotired

Temporary being
Apr 9, 2023
From my experience working with one, they have a system of questions which indicate if emergency services need to be sent over right now. They'll ask if you have thoughts of ctb, a plan, accessible means, and a timeframe of Plan is within 24 h. If the plan is within 24 hours, services will be sent, if it's just thoughts and a plan they'll try to deescalate the situation. Accessible means can be tricky and will depend on if they really think you'll do it.

Upvote 0
stilhavinightmares

stilhavinightmares

Warlock
Oct 13, 2022
If you are in imminent danger of hurting yourself, yes.

Tread lightly. ❤️

Upvote 0
T

timetodie24

Wizard
Apr 14, 2023
Really depends on the textline, where you live and even on individual staff I think. I know Shout in UK do (which is an organisation related to US crisis text line service, but not sure if same policy). But even then, ime they will only do that if you have already started attempt and you refuse to get the help yourself or they believe you won't / too ill to. But i know some people have had police called when they only had plans and means. Yet once I took OD and they just told me to go to a&e and ended conversation lmao so really depends.

Whereas samaritans (call hotline) will even stay on phone with you if you want after starting attempt until you pass and won't trace call or call police. They only call EMS if you already gave them your address (i.e suggesting you want help) and then become incoherent.

Their policy should be available online or they should send a link to it when you first text, or you can text without giving any details and maybe just say 'Hi Can you tell me your confidentiality policy before we start ?' .

Sounds like you're at risk of acting but you want help keeping safe. I can't speak for all countries or hotlines but I know in england, even if you have plan and means, as long as you're happy to work on a safety plan then they won't involve cops. Hope you can find a helpline with similar policy that will allow you to be honest and get support in riding the wave for now.

Reactions: letmegetout
Upvote 0