_Minsk

_Minsk

death: the cure for life
Dec 9, 2019
i got roughly 420mg diazepam, can this alone already make someone unconscious for like an half hour min or does it just make you very sleepy?

Reactions: Deleted member 4993
G

GoneGoneGone

Enlightened
Apr 1, 2020
It knocks you out for some good hours alright, even if you have tolerance

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 4993, foreverlikethestars and _Minsk
falloutcarter13

falloutcarter13

Bury me, bury me...
Aug 1, 2020
Everybody reacts differently to drugs, especially benzos. One pill will knock some people right out. For me, they just cause a walking blackout state. I never fall asleep or lose consciousness, its a lot like sleepwalking...and usually, my decisions are not good or logical in this state. So for that reason, I tend to avoid benzos altogether or only take the recommended dose. The only way to know how it'l affect you personally is experience. I know that's not the answer you were looking for, but I hope it helps a little anyway =)

• Love
Reactions: Kaugummi and _Minsk
S

Sunbeam

Jul 22, 2020
That looks like a lot of diazepam but here we dont get prescribed high doses or at all. I take for muscle spasm low dose 3 x daily preventative or about 20 mg daily for 3 days straight.
Been on long long time so tolerance high and doesn't work in anxiety at all for me or sleep. Guessing those taking high doses for say, addiction, may be able to guide you on this dose. Do you take anyways?

G

GoneGoneGone

Enlightened
Apr 1, 2020
Everybody reacts differently to drugs, especially benzos. One pill will knock some people right out. For me, they just cause a walking blackout state. I never fall asleep or lose consciousness, its a lot like sleepwalking...and usually, my decisions are not good or logical in this state. So for that reason, I tend to avoid benzos altogether or only take the recommended dose. The only way to know how it'l affect you personally is experience. I know that's not the answer you were looking for, but I hope it helps a little anyway =)
OP asked about reaction to 420 mg diazepam, not one pill. Whatever inter-person variability there might be to small dosages, 420 mg will put anyone to sleep. Unless OP has undisclosed high tolerance to it.

• Love
Reactions: autumnal and _Minsk
falloutcarter13

falloutcarter13

Bury me, bury me...
Aug 1, 2020
OP asked about reaction to 420 mg diazepam, not one pill. Whatever inter-person variability there might be to small dosages, 420 mg will put anyone to sleep. Unless OP has undisclosed high tolerance to it.
Meant to say 1 pill will knock some people right out, 50 won't put some people to sleep even. The commonly accepted ratio of alprazolam to diazepam in relative dose strength is .5mg alprazolam = 10mg diazepam. Before I go further, I'll say this...I know they're not the same drug, but its the comparison I have to draw on based on personal experience. Anyway, this was my thinking...he's talking about taking 42x the 10mg dose of diazepam. I've personally taken 88mg of alprazolam (with an enormous amount of alcohol, which may be relevant), which in this comparison is *176x* (more than 4x the comparable dose of diazepam we're discussing,) and I took it a full 3 hours before receiving any medical attention, and I remained conscious and responsive the entire time. Again, I know these aren't the same drug, but their MOA makes it more relevant than not relevant, as a comparison.

TL;DR - I was just trying to say that even on insanely high doses of benzos, not everyone achieves unconsciousness. That's all =)

• Love
Reactions: _Minsk
G

GoneGoneGone

Enlightened
Apr 1, 2020
Meant to say 1 pill will knock some people right out, 50 won't put some people to sleep even. The commonly accepted ratio of alprazolam to diazepam in relative dose strength is .5mg alprazolam = 10mg diazepam. Before I go further, I'll say this...I know they're not the same drug, but its the comparison I have to draw on based on personal experience. Anyway, this was my thinking...he's talking about taking 42x the 10mg dose of diazepam. I've personally taken 88mg of alprazolam (with an enormous amount of alcohol, which may be relevant), which in this comparison is *176x* (more than 4x the comparable dose of diazepam we're discussing,) and I took it a full 3 hours before receiving any medical attention, and I remained conscious and responsive the entire time. Again, I know these aren't the same drug, but their MOA makes it more relevant than not relevant, as a comparison.

TL;DR - I was just trying to say that even on insanely high doses of benzos, not everyone achieves unconsciousness. That's all =)
What are you even doing? OP asked about diazepam, not alprazolam. These are different substances, with different metabolites, action onset, elimination life etc. Why dish out advice about diazepam based on your personal experience of alprazolam? Just because they fall under the benzo family? Alprazolam is an anti-anxiety medication, it is not meant to put you to sleep, but to calm you down.

You have 70 posts within 1 day. I wonder how much thought you put into your answers at this rate.

Reactions: autumnal, Neville1, yetme and 1 other person
falloutcarter13

falloutcarter13

Bury me, bury me...
Aug 1, 2020
What are you even doing? OP asked about diazepam, not alprazolam. These are different substances, with different metabolites, action onset, elimination life etc. Why dish out advice about diazepam based on your personal experience of alprazolam? Just because they fall under the benzo family? Alprazolam is an anti-anxiety medication, it is not meant to put you to sleep, but to calm you down.

You have 70 posts within 1 day. I wonder how much thought you put into your answers at this rate.
I mean no harm dude...I'm sharing info I thought was at least partially relevant. Read my original reply, there was no advice at all other than to be aware of variability in how drugs affect different people...and that wasn't even couched as advice. I don't mean to come across as a know-it-all, because I definitely don't. I didn't say anything that could be construed as harmful advice, at the very worst, if one subscribed to you POV, I made an irrelevant post. Is that really a big enough deal to try to argue about? And for as welcoming as most in this community are, there are definitely a few people who like to play the "I'm a veteran, you're a rookie, so shut the hell up" card. Just sayin.

GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
i got roughly 420mg diazepam, can this alone already make someone unconscious for like an half hour min or does it just make you very sleepy?

I think you'd need to test to see how diazepam affects you. For me, I start feeling effects at 30 minutes and get sleepy at 1 hour. I've never taken a high dosage like that. With testing a low dose, you'll know when it kicks in, but over 400mg is a very high dose and would likely knock out most people with no benzo tolerance, and even then, diazepam is a different kind of benzo so if you do have a tolerance, it would be good to look up the different mechanisms between diazepam and what you normally take. Yes, there are charts that show how to calculate the dosages of different types of benzos for comparison, but diazepam is known to be unique, such as its sedative and anti-convulsive effects.

• Love
Reactions: _Minsk and GoneGoneGone
G

GoneGoneGone

Enlightened
Apr 1, 2020
I mean no harm dude...I'm sharing info I thought was at least partially relevant. Read my original reply, there was no advice at all other than to be aware of variability in how drugs affect different people...and that wasn't even couched as advice. I don't mean to come across as a know-it-all, because I definitely don't. I didn't say anything that could be construed as harmful advice, at the very worst, if one subscribed to you POV, I made an irrelevant post. Is that really a big enough deal to try to argue about? And for as welcoming as most in this community are, there are definitely a few people who like to play the "I'm a veteran, you're a rookie, so shut the hell up" card. Just sayin.
You responded to a post about diazepam recounting your experience with alprazolam AND alcohol. So yes, I think most people would consider that your post is irrelevant. Looking at the variability on how drugs affect different people, what if OP weighs 50 kg for example? Could you detail your thoughts on that?

I did not play the veteran card, in fact, considering that I have 4 months on this website, I have quite few posts. This is because I only answer where I feel that I can offer an informed, thought-out response. But if your aim is to just rack up posts, go ahead. This doesn't bring clout. I don't play this game.

Reactions: autumnal, Neville1 and falloutcarter13
falloutcarter13

falloutcarter13

Bury me, bury me...
Aug 1, 2020
You responded to a post about diazepam recounting your experience with alprazolam AND alcohol. So yes, I think most people would consider that your post is irrelevant. Looking at the variability on how drugs affect different people, what if OP weighs 50 kg for example? Could you detail your thoughts on that?

I did not play the veteran card, in fact, considering that I have 4 months on this website, I have quite few posts. This is because I only answer where I feel that I can offer an informed, thought-out response. But if your aim is to just rack up posts, go ahead. This doesn't bring clout. I don't play this game.
I get your point of view and I actually agree with you about the irrelevancy bit, thinking on it a little more. Just please understand that I'm not here to rack up posts, and definitely not here to get into arguments, I just...I'm in a weird headspace, I feel this almost manic need to help as many people as I can while I'm still here. I'll keep this experience in mind and do my best to rein it in, in the future. Sorry about everything.

• Love
Reactions: Mm80, GoodPersonEffed and GoneGoneGone
G

GoneGoneGone

Enlightened
Apr 1, 2020
I get your point of view and I actually agree with you about the irrelevancy bit, thinking on it a little more. Just please understand that I'm not here to rack up posts, and definitely not here to get into arguments, I just...I'm in a weird headspace, I feel this almost manic need to help as many people as I can while I'm still here. I'll keep this experience in mind and do my best to rein it in, in the future. Sorry about everything.
It's okay, I can understand the enthusiasm. Likewise, sorry, I do not mean to discourage you from posting as often as you like.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Mm80, GoodPersonEffed and falloutcarter13