EmbraceOfTheVoid

EmbraceOfTheVoid

Part Time NEET - Full Time Suicidal
Mar 29, 2020
I read a majority of it but abruptly stopped because I personally can't relate to it for the most part. I'm not intentionally trying to be a jerk but it seems like he was passively suicidal over many problems that are very fixable. He's almost the definition of a impulsive suicide and I don't think his situation can relate to most on here who often have lifelong problems.

I don't like the article because it portrays suicidal peoples problems to mostly be related to alienation which is rarely the sole reason. I've had loads of friends before and I was still lonely because 1. Most people don't care and 2. I couldn't relate to their naive optimism, priviliged upbringing, and the many meaningless things they care about (social media, materialism, etc). People like me run away, isolate, play video games, or whatever coping mechanism because they are trapped and there often AREN'T any solutions.

Reactions: thx1138, Loner, x-Ace-x and 1 other person
K

KibblesNBits

Student
May 30, 2020
I read a majority of it but abruptly stopped because I personally can't relate to it for the most part. I'm not intentionally trying to be a jerk but it seems like he was passively suicidal over many problems that are very fixable. He's almost the definition of a impulsive suicide and I don't think his situation can relate to most on here who often have lifelong problems.

I don't like the article because it portrays suicidal peoples problems to mostly be related to alienation which is rarely the sole reason. I've had loads of friends before and I was still lonely because 1. Most people don't care and 2. I couldn't relate to their naive optimism, priviliged upbringing, and the many meaningless things they care about (social media, materialism, etc). People like me run away, isolate, play video games, or whatever coping mechanism because they are trapped and there often AREN'T any solutions.

Agreed. For me, it's critical health problems that have made both my mind and body deteriorate. Even worse is realizing how treatable my condition was had I been diagnosed early enough, that regret fucks me up the most. I do realize that life can be worth it but for me, that ship has sailed. Trust me when I say I wish my problems were only in my head.

Reactions: EmbraceOfTheVoid and Final Escape
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
I wish we could get euthanasized humanely for like $200 on any street corner lol! If we felt like it or needed to. Most people wouldn't but the option for it to be there would be nice. Ok it would be accessible easily to anyone but they might try to dissuade u if u are young if it's legitimate. I do not think if u are a young person in good health who might just be vulnerable should be encouraged to ctb.

Last edited:
Reactions: EmbraceOfTheVoid
K

KibblesNBits

Student
May 30, 2020
I wish we could get euthanasized humanely for like $200 on any street corner lol! If we felt like it or needed to. Most people wouldn't but the option for it to be there would be nice.

Like those suicide booths on Futurama!

EmbraceOfTheVoid

EmbraceOfTheVoid

Part Time NEET - Full Time Suicidal
Mar 29, 2020
Agreed. For me, it's critical health problems that have made both my mind and body deteriorate. Even worse is realizing how treatable my condition was had I been diagnosed early enough, that regret fucks me up the most. I do realize that life can be worth it but for me, that ship has sailed. Trust me when I say I wish my problems were only in my head.

This article genuinely triggers me to be honest because it makes massive assumptions about what suicidal people want in their life and then simplifies the solutions to: "JuSt CoNfIDe iN SoMeOnE Bro, MAke fRiEndS" : Proceeds to get involuntarily committed and subjected to more cruelty.

Oh wow, I just needed to make more shallow and superficial friends that focus on money and sex? I guess that'll fix my physical/mental disabilities, my inability to maintain a job because of said disabilities, alienation, money problems, or the fact that most people want nothing to do with you if you're a burden. Gee, thanks Dave, I simply just had to try harder!

Last edited:
K

KibblesNBits

Student
May 30, 2020
This article genuinely triggers me to be honest because it makes massive assumptions about what suicidal people want in their life and then simplifies the solutions to: "JuSt CoNfIDe iN SoMeOnE Bro, MAke fRiEndS" : Proceeds to get involuntarily committed and subjected to more cruelty.

Oh wow, I just needed to make more shallow and superficial friends that focus on money and sex? I guess that'll fix my physical/mental disabilities, my inability to maintain a job because of said disabilities, alienation, money problems, or the fact that most people want nothing to do with you if you're a burden. Gee, thanks Dave!

Right!? It makes me feel even shittier because the pro-lifers seem to be under the assumption that our problems are temporary. The fact that mine aren't makes me feel even more isolated and unheard.

Reactions: Tiredsotired and EmbraceOfTheVoid