heirofvoid

heirofvoid

Dec 20, 2021
I literally don't have anyone to ask irl so I'll ask here because other sites will probably call me stupid.

I don't know what to put in my resume. I dropped out college and only finished one year. I've never had any job experience AT ALL. The only thing I can put there is I finished highschool, first year of college, and one term semester from another course. Also that I can speak English.

I'm only applying for service crew types of jobs and they all either want someone with experience or at least 2 years of college finished. Can I just lie and put I've finished two years? Do they really check that? Unless it's vocational course which I understand they need proof of.

"Just take the vocational course" they don't do classes for it anymore. I checked it and it's just an online reviewer and when you think you're up for it you take the exam.

I also can't go back to school unless I've fixed my social anxiety issues. I really want money to afford therapy.

Sorry if this is the wrong place to discuss it but I don't know where else to ask. Also if it helps I live in the Philippines.

Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
I literally don't have anyone to ask irl so I'll ask here because other sites will probably call me stupid.

I don't know what to put in my resume. I dropped out college and only finished one year. I've never had any job experience AT ALL. The only thing I can put there is I finished highschool, first year of college, and one term semester from another course. Also that I can speak English.

I'm only applying for service crew types of jobs and they all either want someone with experience or at least 2 years of college finished. Can I just lie and put I've finished two years? Do they really check that? Unless it's vocational course which I understand they need proof of.

"Just take the vocational course" they don't do classes for it anymore. I checked it and it's just an online reviewer and when you think you're up for it you take the exam.

I also can't go back to school unless I've fixed my social anxiety issues. I really want money to afford therapy.

Sorry if this is the wrong place to discuss it but I don't know where else to ask. Also if it helps I live in the Philippines.
Do you mean cabin crew? I used to be one until 6 months ago.

Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
2 years college for waitress? That's insane!!! Nevef heard of that, usually restaurants don't do background checks unless is a very fancy hotel. Just take your chances and write all you want. You will def get the job. Don't worry too much, they are always desperate to find waitresses. Do you have experience? If you are in a English country or a country with many English speaking tourists then you will need a good English Im sorry to say.

Last edited:
heirofvoid

heirofvoid

Dec 20, 2021
2 years college for waitress? That's insane!!! Nevef heard of that, usually restaurants don't do background checks unless is a very fancy hotel. Just take your chances and write all you want. You will def get the job. Don't worry too much, they are always desperate to find waitresses. Do you have experience? If you are in a English country or a country with many English speaking tourists then you will need a good English Im sorry to say.
I mentioned all of these already in my post. They usually want someone with experience and if they don't then 2 yrs of college at least. No, I don't have any experience at all. I live in the Philippines and I'm still quite confident with my English.

Reactions: Sherri
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
I mentioned all of these already in my post. They usually want someone with experience and if they don't then 2 yrs of college at least. No, I don't have any experience at all. I live in the Philippines and I'm still quite confident with my English.
Kabayans are usually very good with English. I'm not gonna tell you to do what I did, but I lied on my CV about my education. But that was ME, people don't follow my wrong doing. I was lucky I didn't get caught. Salamat po

S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
@heirofvoid for college, don't say you dropped out. Just put an expected completion date. It's super easy to forge transcripts. There is no way for an employer to check these, or even if you're currently attending college. All they can do is verify graduation, which you wouldn't have done yet.

For example

University of the Philippines
2020 - 2024 (expected)
Hospitality Management (just put any major that would apply to the jobs you're looking at)

PM me if you want to go more in depth and not post your info publicly.

Reactions: whatevs, WadeingThru and Sherri
heirofvoid

heirofvoid

Dec 20, 2021
@heirofvoid for college, don't say you dropped out. Just put an expected completion date. It's super easy to forge transcripts. There is no way for an employer to check these, or even if you're currently attending college. All they can do is verify graduation, which you wouldn't have done yet.

For example

2020 - 2024 (expected)
Hospitality Management (just put any major that would apply to the jobs you're looking at)

oh thank you! Yea i'll continue this in PM instead

Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020

For example

2020 - 2024 (expected)

Great help! That's what I was trying to say. Thank you.

WadeingThru

WadeingThru

Experienced
Feb 25, 2022
I like seeing folks getting help with so many different things. This site is much more then what the name suggests.

• Love
Reactions: WonderingSoul and whywere
W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
I like seeing folks getting help with so many different things. This site is much more then what the name suggests.
100% agree with you @WadeingThru as we are all together as one, hand in hand, shoulder to shoulder.

You are such a kind and thoughtful soul, just love having the honor of being a friend to you.

Walter

Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
I will send you mine without my personal details on by pm tomorrow.

Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
i don't mind as long as I have a reference at least. Where are you going to send it?
That's the thing, I can't send it through here, can you create a fake email account for me to send it? If you do PM me tge fake email.

ClaudeKersey

ClaudeKersey

Student
Mar 1, 2022
Good luck, hope you get the job.

• Hugs
Reactions: whywere