fishlover

fishlover

in the end, nothing matters
Sep 17, 2023
its the most uncomfortable feeling in the world. the best way to describe it is its as if my skin, limbs, face, etc. are just some flesh onesie that im walking around in. i occupy the space within myself, as if i AM my skeleton, meat, organs.... i can also feel my brain. it feels heavy, like its full of sand or something.

i just want to know if anyone else experiences this?

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: cosifantutti, imsocold, Homo erectus and 4 others
Passersby

Passersby

Trapped in space and time
Aug 29, 2019
Yeah. I could even before injuries damage and other things because I was super aware but now it's insane. It's just like suicide. Walking around with a big secret.

Reactions: Homo erectus and fishlover
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
I feel my intestines, heart, lungs and stomach.

• Yay!
Reactions: gore, Homo erectus and fishlover
R.F.

R.F.

Sep 23, 2023
I don't "feel myself" often but when it happens it's weird and somewhat terrifying. It's like being trapped and you can't exactly tell which part of you is stuck within which other part

Reactions: fishlover
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Jun 22, 2020
I saw an MRI of my head, the eyes on stalks, the brain, and I AM A ROBOT! If you ever see an MRI of your own head it's a wake up call of what you really are. Basically pure robot.

• Yay!
Reactions: fishlover and sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
its the most uncomfortable feeling in the world. the best way to describe it is its as if my skin, limbs, face, etc. are just some flesh onesie that im walking around in. i occupy the space within myself, as if i AM my skeleton, meat, organs.... i can also feel my brain. it feels heavy, like its full of sand or something.

i just want to know if anyone else experiences this?
Sometimes I can feel my heart beating and I wish it would just stop.

Last edited:
Reactions: fishlover
theslasher

theslasher

psychonaut
Jun 12, 2023
"flesh onesie" lmaooo
in all seriousness though, no I have not interpreted it in the way you have I'll be completely honest. The closest thing I've ever felt to this is something like "wow this is really my body, wait who am I? This is weird, life does not feel real, I really control this meat vehicle, how peculiar" but then I studied neuroscience and realized consciousness or "the self" is somewhat of an illusion and that really fucked "me" up.

But for those of you saying you can feel your organs, that is very interesting I'd have never expected to read something like that. I mean I know the mind and body is connected, I know the gut contains neurons and is connected to your brain which is why gut health is so important and diet plays a huge role in mental health, I know my heart is beating but I don't consciously think about it because my subconscious mind handles that for me. Honestly maybe I'm being insensitive by saying this but it's possible these things you all are experiencing are all a result of too much self awareness, an unnecessary over analyzation of the self. Please just smoke some weed, meditate, or try astral projection.

• Love
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
"flesh onesie" lmaooo
in all seriousness though, no I have not interpreted it in the way you have I'll be completely honest. The closest thing I've ever felt to this is something like "wow this is really my body, wait who am I? This is weird, life does not feel real, I really control this meat vehicle, how peculiar" but then I studied neuroscience and realized consciousness or "the self" is somewhat of an illusion and that really fucked "me" up.

But for those of you saying you can feel your organs, that is very interesting I'd have never expected to read something like that. I mean I know the mind and body is connected, I know the gut contains neurons and is connected to your brain which is why gut health is so important and diet plays a huge role in mental health, I know my heart is beating but I don't consciously think about it because my subconscious mind handles that for me. Honestly maybe I'm being insensitive by saying this but it's possible these things you all are experiencing are all a result of too much self awareness, an unnecessary over analyzation of the self. Please just smoke some weed, meditate, or try astral projection.
I've always wanted to try astral projection. Have you done it before? If yes, do you have any tips or advice?
"flesh onesie" lmaooo

Wdym that consciousness and "the self" is an illusion? How so?

theslasher

theslasher

psychonaut
Jun 12, 2023
I've always wanted to try astral projection. Have you done it before? If yes, do you have any tips or advice?
This will be a long read so here is some peaceful background music for you.

Anyways, yes I have done it and I'll walk you through it in a second.

But first you must understand a few things. Spirits are not real, we cannot astral project in a literal sense, it's more of a mind exercise, a method (without the use of drugs) that presents an incredible perspective. The way to "astral project" is simple. But, do not mistake simplicity, for insignificance.
To fully understand astral projection, you must know the power of imaging. Imaging is the formation of an image in one's mind. You can read "Psycho-Cybernetics" to learn more about imaging and the subconscious mind. But to summarize it's significance, an experiment demonstrated how a basketball team spent time imagining that they were shooting hoops. They performed just as well (if not better) than the basketball team who physically practiced shooting hoops (for the same amount of time). I'm over simplifying the study, but it was well done. Very interesting though (also a disclaimer: do not practice imaging of yourself exercising before sleep, because your heart beat will literally begin to race). Moving on, in other studies, there were patients told by doctors that they were "certain to die", but despite this, people have been able to cure sicknesses and even cancer through the power of imaging. They would visualize the cells in the immune system vividly killing the cancer cells, one by one... and it worked. I can give many more examples if you want. The more vivid you can learn to image, the more powerful it becomes. So you see? The mind and body is connected, and imaging in the mind has great power over the body. The mind is very complex, yet so extraordinarily simple. It cannot distinguish imagination from reality. Understand the power of imaging and use it to your advantage.

Now that you know the power, you may begin Astral Projection. First, image yourself in the perspective of your "soul" as it resides in the body. As you begin... your soul ascends. You see your body in the 3rd person. You see yourself sitting there in your room, all the knickknacks lying around, all the little details.. you continue. You see your house from above, and as you ascend you see your entire neighborhood. You ascend faster and soon enough, you see the whole city, the state, the country, and then the Earth itself as it slowly shrinks away. You keep going, you see the Sun and all of it's solar flares, you see how microscopic the Earth looks in comparison. You go on to see the entire Solar System as it orbits the sun. And you keep ascending until you leave the galaxy and you see the Milky Way looking from the outside in. As you ascend out of the Milky Way, you see Andromeda, Triangulum, and all the other galaxies... As you continue to ascend, you see the infinite amount of galaxies around you. They slowly shrink away until they look like tiny clusters of dust within our infinite vacuum of space. From this perspective, you realize how microscopic the Earth really is. You realize how infinitesimal you are, how insignificant your problems are, how insignificant your worries are... and while your soul is resting here, and as you look around at all the little galaxies, you take in the vastness of the universe, the eternal, and the infinite.

You have reached the astral plane.

Stay here for as long as you desire.

You may return to your body whenever you wish.

Wdym that consciousness and "the self" is an illusion? How so?
The illusion of the self is a trivial thing to explain, but when I realized the significance & legitimacy of this discovery... it was as if I just had an epiphany, it all clicked, and I felt a great deal of peace like I had not felt before.

First off, I must say I am an atheist. I do not believe in any of the 4000 silly religions, I do not believe in spirits or souls. When talking about astral projection I only use the word "soul" as a metaphor for compression of astral projection. Without this base level of understanding, the significance of this discovery regarding the "illusion of self" may not be understood. To anyone reading this, if you are religious it will be impossible to comprehend what I'm saying. I am up for discussion regarding all of that, but at this point in science it is not even a debate.

Now that we've got this understanding established, let's move on to the illusion of self. I studied Roger Sperry's Split Brain Experiment and I recommend you look into it yourself as I won't go into all the details right now. But essentially, Sperry split open the brains of animals to study each hemisphere of the brain. He discovered that each hemisphere was responsible for different things. His discoveries completely changed the study of neuroscience altogether.
Eventually, he did the Split Brain Experiment on an actual man (for ethical reasons, he had previous complications). And this is when he also discovered that each side of the brain could operate independent of each other. When split, each hemisphere became its own consciousness.
We used to think, you needed both hemispheres of the brain connected to each other to function properly. But that is not the case. This experiment proved that when each hemisphere of the brain is split, there are basically two sets of consciousnesses controlling the body. Wild huh? A duplicate consciousness in one body (side note: if you find a worm in the dirt, you can take your shovel and split the worm in half, it then becomes two completely different worms.. no problem at all, it's so easy for worms since they do not have a designated brain, but rather, they have neurons that are distributed throughout their entire body).
It's funny, back when religious mythology was our best / only explanations for reality, we used to think there was literally something called a spirit. We used to think a spirit lived in a body, and it traveled to an afterlife once the body died. But in order for a "spirit" to even "think" thoughts or "feel" emotions, there must be neurons. Without the neurons, there is no thought. There is no such thing as a spirit (other than the neurons moving in a brain). And there is no self. We think "this is me, this is my body, this is my arm, this is my hand." But who are you? You are nothing but a manifestation of homeostasis, a manifestation of the laws of physics. There is no self, the self is an illusion, it's an elementary concept in order for us to comprehend existence as the brain sends neurons throughout it so that the body will remain in homeostasis.
The same way you can zoom out, you can also zoom in.. The body is made up of cells. Those cells are made up of matter. Matter is made up of atoms. And the atoms are made up of protons, neutrons, and electrons. We are all one. And we are all the same.

Humans have come full circle. We used to come up with religious mythology in an effort to comprehend reality. Then we went down the rabbit hole of science and discovered the blatant absurdity of religion.. which sometimes leads people to a state of nihilism and depression. And they no longer feel that sense of oneness. But when you go all the way through the other side of that rabbit hole, and discover truth in its entirety, you become enlightened. But this time you don't have to lie to yourself, you become enlightened in reality. And you feel the oneness with the universe once again and "rather than feeling like a lonely i in the bigger universe, there's a sense of being a part of something larger than yourself" - Annaka Harris

Here's some other people who have explained the illusion of self:
Sam Harris (watch from 2:50 - 5:00)
Annaka Harris and Lex Fridman Interview (watch 0:00 - 2:30) Annaka put it so beautifully
Matt Tenney - How Seeing Through The Illusion Of Self Results In Unconditional Happiness (30 minutes if you have time)

• Wow
imsocold

imsocold

fever dream@_@
Oct 2, 2023
my bones. sometimes I can feel how they are rubbing inside, thats awful... I'm lying in bed and I feel like a pile of flesh and bones stacked on top of each other

Reactions: Meditation guide and fishlover
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
This will be a long read so here is some peaceful background music for you.

Anyways, yes I have done it and I'll walk you through it in a second.

But first you must understand a few things. Spirits are not real, we cannot astral project in a literal sense, it's more of a mind exercise, a method (without the use of drugs) that presents an incredible perspective. The way to "astral project" is simple. But, do not mistake simplicity, for insignificance.
To fully understand astral projection, you must know the power of imaging. Imaging is the formation of an image in one's mind. You can read "Psycho-Cybernetics" to learn more about imaging and the subconscious mind. But to summarize it's significance, an experiment demonstrated how a basketball team spent time imagining that they were shooting hoops. They performed just as well (if not better) than the basketball team who physically practiced shooting hoops (for the same amount of time). I'm over simplifying the study, but it was well done. Very interesting though (also a disclaimer: do not practice imaging of yourself exercising before sleep, because your heart beat will literally begin to race). Moving on, in other studies, there were patients told by doctors that they were "certain to die", but despite this, people have been able to cure sicknesses and even cancer through the power of imaging. They would visualize the cells in the immune system vividly killing the cancer cells, one by one... and it worked. I can give many more examples if you want. The more vivid you can learn to image, the more powerful it becomes. So you see? The mind and body is connected, and imaging in the mind has great power over the body. The mind is very complex, yet so extraordinarily simple. It cannot distinguish imagination from reality. Understand the power of imaging and use it to your advantage.

Now that you know the power, you may begin Astral Projection. First, image yourself in the perspective of your "soul" as it resides in the body. As you begin... your soul ascends. You see your body in the 3rd person. You see yourself sitting there in your room, all the knickknacks lying around, all the little details.. you continue. You see your house from above, and as you ascend you see your entire neighborhood. You ascend faster and soon enough, you see the whole city, the state, the country, and then the Earth itself as it slowly shrinks away. You keep going, you see the Sun and all of it's solar flares, you see how microscopic the Earth looks in comparison. You go on to see the entire Solar System as it orbits the sun. And you keep ascending until you leave the galaxy and you see the Milky Way looking from the outside in. As you ascend out of the Milky Way, you see Andromeda, Triangulum, and all the other galaxies... As you continue to ascend, you see the infinite amount of galaxies around you. They slowly shrink away until they look like tiny clusters of dust within our infinite vacuum of space. From this perspective, you realize how microscopic the Earth really is. You realize how infinitesimal you are, how insignificant your problems are, how insignificant your worries are... and while your soul is resting here, and as you look around at all the little galaxies, you take in the vastness of the universe, the eternal, and the infinite.

You have reached the astral plane.

Stay here for as long as you desire.

You may return to your body whenever you wish.

The illusion of the self is a trivial thing to explain, but when I realized the significance & legitimacy of this discovery... it was as if I just had an epiphany, it all clicked, and I felt a great deal of peace like I had not felt before.

First off, I must say I am an atheist. I do not believe in any of the 4000 silly religions, I do not believe in spirits or souls. When talking about astral projection I only use the word "soul" as a metaphor for compression of astral projection. Without this base level of understanding, the significance of this discovery regarding the "illusion of self" may not be understood. To anyone reading this, if you are religious it will be impossible to comprehend what I'm saying. I am up for discussion regarding all of that, but at this point in science it is not even a debate.

Now that we've got this understanding established, let's move on to the illusion of self. I studied Roger Sperry's Split Brain Experiment and I recommend you look into it yourself as I won't go into all the details right now. But essentially, Sperry split open the brains of animals to study each hemisphere of the brain. He discovered that each hemisphere was responsible for different things. His discoveries completely changed the study of neuroscience altogether.
Eventually, he did the Split Brain Experiment on an actual man (for ethical reasons, he had previous complications). And this is when he also discovered that each side of the brain could operate independent of each other. When split, each hemisphere became its own consciousness.
We used to think, you needed both hemispheres of the brain connected to each other to function properly. But that is not the case. This experiment proved that when each hemisphere of the brain is split, there are basically two sets of consciousnesses controlling the body. Wild huh? A duplicate consciousness in one body (side note: if you find a worm in the dirt, you can take your shovel and split the worm in half, it then becomes two completely different worms.. no problem at all, it's so easy for worms since they do not have a designated brain, but rather, they have neurons that are distributed throughout their entire body).
It's funny, back when religious mythology was our best / only explanations for reality, we used to think there was literally something called a spirit. We used to think a spirit lived in a body, and it traveled to an afterlife once the body died. But in order for a "spirit" to even "think" thoughts or "feel" emotions, there must be neurons. Without the neurons, there is no thought. There is no such thing as a spirit (other than the neurons moving in a brain). And there is no self. We think "this is me, this is my body, this is my arm, this is my hand." But who are you? You are nothing but a manifestation of homeostasis, a manifestation of the laws of physics. There is no self, the self is an illusion, it's an elementary concept in order for us to comprehend existence as the brain sends neurons throughout it so that the body will remain in homeostasis.
The same way you can zoom out, you can also zoom in.. The body is made up of cells. Those cells are made up of matter. Matter is made up of atoms. And the atoms are made up of protons, neutrons, and electrons. We are all one. And we are all the same.

Humans have come full circle. We used to come up with religious mythology in an effort to comprehend reality. Then we went down the rabbit hole of science and discovered the blatant absurdity of religion.. which sometimes leads people to a state of nihilism and depression. And they no longer feel that sense of oneness. But when you go all the way through the other side of that rabbit hole, and discover truth in its entirety, you become enlightened. But this time you don't have to lie to yourself, you become enlightened in reality. And you feel the oneness with the universe once again and "rather than feeling like a lonely i in the bigger universe, there's a sense of being a part of something larger than yourself" - Annaka Harris

Here's some other people who have explained the illusion of self:
Sam Harris (watch from 2:50 - 5:00)
Annaka Harris and Lex Fridman Interview (watch 0:00 - 2:30) Annaka put it so beautifully
Matt Tenney - How Seeing Through The Illusion Of Self Results In Unconditional Happiness (30 minutes if you have time)
What if you have aphantasia though? I think I might have it, I have trouble imaging or visualizing things in my mind's eye, this is probably why my past life regression attempts have all failed and I just saw black/nothing…

fishlover

fishlover

in the end, nothing matters
Sep 17, 2023
Sometimes I can feel my heart beating and I wish it would just stop.
i hate it when i can feel my heart beating too. and sometimes, even though i know its not possible, i believe i can feel it so well that i can force it to stop beating.

Reactions: dyn00ss and sserafim
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Jun 22, 2020
the worst thing you can feel is your spinal cord. It feels from my chest down my back into my butt and down each thigh to my knees. I feel it every time I wake up.

CandycanePuke

CandycanePuke

Sep 26, 2023
yeah i do. i try to ignore it. i go a bit off the the deep end if i think about it for too long 🙂

theslasher

theslasher

psychonaut
Jun 12, 2023
What if you have aphantasia though? I think I might have it, I have trouble imaging or visualizing things in my mind's eye, this is probably why my past life regression attempts have all failed and I just saw black/nothing…
Hmm, I've never heard of this condition, how peculiar. Looks like genetics also play a role in it. I mean when I imagine things in my mind it's not like the same way I see them with my eyes, they're more like imagining a memory. But anyways, if there's truly no way to overcome this condition, not to worry, instead of visualizing it in your mind as you read the words, watching a video can give you a similar perspective.

Reactions: sserafim
O

oneeyed

Specialist
Oct 11, 2022
Other than back pain and headaches, my anxiety makes my insides feel like they're doing gymnastics but failing miserably. This of course affects mood, concentration, appetite, obcessive thoughts. And that's With meds. Just want it all to end.

• Hugs
Reactions: Meditation guide