nys

nys

mors mihi lucrum
Jun 1, 2022
School is going to start for me soon, and I have to go to my general pediatrician for an annual checkup and vaccinations (he treats ages 0-21 so don't ban me for being underage!) and I have these very minor, flat scars on my left forearm and one bad one on my stomach. I thought that to hide them, I could put two band-aids next to each other, positioned vertically, on my forearm which would cover all the scars there. I thought that for my stomach, I could wrap some gauze around the scar.

I think the plan for the scars on my arm will work pretty well, but my doctor puts his hand on my stomach sometimes, right where the scar is/gauze will be, and asks me to breathe in and out. If he saw the gauze on my stomach, would he make me remove it so he could feel my stomach properly? And would he get suspicious about the gauze and band-aids? I'd prefer answers from general pediatricians to make sure they're as accurate as possible

nys

nys

mors mihi lucrum
Jun 1, 2022
I'm replying this to bump this post. If you have any advice, please reply as soon as possible! I could get institutionalized if the doctor notices some of the more unusual scars- this is super important!!

L

lionetta12

Just a random person
Aug 5, 2022
The probability of them wanting to remove any band-aid or gauze is low. But you never know, try to not mention anything about it unless asked directly regarding the topic.

Reactions: nys
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
not a doctor but
gauzes and bandages cover wounds to keep dirt away while they heal and things like that depending on the type. it seems really stupid for a doctor to want to remove them unless changing them out.

Reactions: nys